ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Women's Basketball Recruiting Offer/Commitment List

Britt Prince playing now. Good group of coaches here, including Brenda Frese and Geno Auriemma.

Prince is not playing well. Few turnovers and a missed layup in a super low scoring first half.

Moderately interested in Olivia Loomis-Goltl. She has a 3pt make so far. Iowa has not offered her, but they were interested in her sister Ruthie for a while.

Reactions: hawkshawn
Jenica Lewis has been on and off today. Some good finds on passes and some forces that turned into turnovers. Outside shot hasn’t been hitting.

One impressive thing is her ability to convert tough shots around the rim. 3 times she has converted tough looks, twice while being fouled.

No good time for this today, but since Ava Jones is expected to make a full recovery and is stable, I will share what I learned from Jasmine Brown.

She does not yet have a top schools list, but it will be out soon. Looking to make a decision in September and for sure by October 1st.

Clarified on the Iowa visit. Kennise Johnson-Etienne is her best friend, but they did not visit together. They were in Iowa City on separate days last week.
Kyle, thanks for the update on Ava.

Kyle...curious to know what your thoughts were on Journey Houston? Plays a relentless style but seems really undersized to play the 4/5 at the Power 5 level in my opinion. But, she certainly has a knack for getting the ball in the basket. A whole lot to like, just wonder if her size doesn't hold her back a bit.

Since Ava's thread got moved, I'll try to do a general update on what we know here. Note: I haven't seen much in the way of updates today.

Ava is in serious but stable condition. The family reported that she was doing better yesterday and is expected to make a full recovery. She apparently had a tube in her trachea that was expected to be removed yesterday (source for this is linked below). Other than that, I haven't seen a report about the extent of her injuries.

Ava's parents were still in critical condition as of the last update. No information has been shared about the extent of their injuries.

In terms of team response, because Ava hasn't signed to Iowa yet, the school is not allowed to comment about her. I would guess the coaches are under a similar restriction. They could make a generic Tweet about a Top Young Gun I suppose, but I don't think that would help anything.

I don't think the players have the same restrictions, and Caitlin did make a Tweet earlier requesting prayers.

https://www.hutchnews.com/story/spo...uck-car-louisville-aau-tournament/7819811001/

Why was the thread on Ava Jones accident taken down????
Just because she’s an Iowa commit doesn’t mean she and her family aren’t entitled to privacy during a very trying time

It can be hard to know the fine line between showing you care and being supportive but also giving them space and the privacy they also need….. I’m sure that the Iowa staff knows how to approach this and none of that needs to be made public

Just because she’s an Iowa commit doesn’t mean she and her family aren’t entitled to privacy during a very trying time

It can be hard to know the fine line between showing you care and being supportive but also giving them space and the privacy they also need….. I’m sure that the Iowa staff knows how to approach this and none of that needs to be made public

You aren’t being serious, are you?

The thread was removed bc there were consecutive political comments about gun violence, mental health, the role of god in society and whatever, it was very off-topic.

The removal had nothing to do with Ava's privacy and there was nothing in the thread that was inappropriate with regards to Ava's condition, family, or the incident. It was just an irrelevant discussion. Most message boards have similar policies. There's a place for such discussion in other forums, this isn't that place. This forum is about Iowa WBB.

The thread was removed bc there were consecutive political comments about gun violence, mental health, the role of god in society and whatever, it was very off-topic.

The removal had nothing to do with Ava's privacy and there was nothing in the thread that was inappropriate with regards to Ava's condition, family, or the incident. It was just an irrelevant discussion. Most message boards have similar policies. There's a place for such discussion in other forums, this isn't that place. This forum is about Iowa WBB.

I’m just as worried about Ava and her family as anyone else….. I just think in times like this it’s appropriate to show support without infringing on personal stuff

I didn’t see the other thread but I can just imagine……I know if it was my family while appreciating support I would want privacy as a family…… that’s just my take

Im sure the details will all come out soon enough….. it’s a tragic incident for their family and probably the driver that likely will pay for his actions and have them on his conscience for the rest of his life

I’ll stop there before we get this thread deleted

Reactions: BGHAWK
Unfortunately I don’t know if she has.
Not sure why this is important or really anyone's business. The Iowa staff has been nothing but first class in dealing with players, I don't see any reason why they wouldn't be in this scenario. It matters not to me if anyone from Iowa has been to the hospital. As others have said, restrictions on visitors is much more strict than it was 3 years ago. I'm sure Bluder and staff are responding in whatever way the family feels is best right now.

Kyle...curious to know what your thoughts were on Journey Houston? Plays a relentless style but seems really undersized to play the 4/5 at the Power 5 level in my opinion. But, she certainly has a knack for getting the ball in the basket. A whole lot to like, just wonder if her size doesn't hold her back a bit.
she would certainly be small for a 5. In the game I saw today, she did a grab job of fighting for rebounds, which is something Iowa struggles with. I thought she played well today.

Reactions: crstuff
Not sure why this is important or really anyone's business. The Iowa staff has been nothing but first class in dealing with players, I don't see any reason why they wouldn't be in this scenario. It matters not to me if anyone from Iowa has been to the hospital. As others have said, restrictions on visitors is much more strict than it was 3 years ago. I'm sure Bluder and staff are responding in whatever way the family feels is best right now.
Yeah, I don't see a point in speculating about what the staff has or hasn't done. Coach Bluder and the staff have a reputation for treating their players like family. It is a big reason why many players come to Iowa and why graduates come back to support the program later. I'm sure they are doing whatever they think is appropriate to help support Ava and her family. There really isn't a playbook for how to deal with something like this.

Yeah, I don't see a point in speculating about what the staff has or hasn't done. Coach Bluder and the staff have a reputation for treating their players like family. It is a big reason why many players come to Iowa and why graduates come back to support the program later. I'm sure they are doing whatever they think is appropriate to help support Ava and her family. There really isn't a playbook for how to deal with something like this.
Publicly the Iowa staff has their hands tied. They are not allowed to publicly comment about a recruit in any manner until the recruit has signed a LOI. Privately I think you can rest assured that the Iowa staff has reached out to the family if at all possible.

Reactions: rcb28
If anyone is interested, All Iowa Attack just starting playing and has 2024 Iowa commit Callie Levin (#13) and targets Journey Houston, Divine Bourrage, Ava Zediker, and others. Jan Jensen is there watching.

All Iowa Attack
Thanks for posting that link. Callie Levin is really really good. Is there a roster with the numbers somewhere for this team?

Reactions: crstuff
Thanks for posting that link. Callie Levin is really really good. Is there a roster with the numbers somewhere for this team?
Not that I’m aware of but I think I know most. Levin is 13, Zediker is 40, Houston is 14, Bourrage is 15. I believe Peyton McCabe (Taylor’s sister) is 12? She’s going to Drake but she can shoot it like her sister and is fun.

Reactions: Mitjacks
ADVERTISEMENT