ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Women's Basketball Recruiting Offer/Commitment List

I mean no disrespect to Bluder b/c I don't believe we could have asked for a better coach to helm our program the last 2 decades, but coaches like Barnes-Arico and Amy Williams are selling a new, younger, ambitious brand with lots of energy, big plans and even bigger dreams (I could see the new coach at Illinois joining this club in coming years as well, and many at MN hope that Whalen will be in the same boat). They're "building something" and have had some recent success to back that up (especially KBA). They plan to be where they are for a long time to come, and their pitch is that this is just the beginning, come be a part of it. That sells, even if it certainly won't pan out for everyone like that.

A program like Iowa has had quite a bit of success but I think we're an established mid-tier brand. I read an article this year that mentioned Iowa WBB and it said we "typically get eliminated in the first weekend of the tournament." Clearly they were overlooking our Sweet 16s in '16 and '21, and our Elite 8 in '19, but it is what it is. We've definitely had slow but steady improvement in her tenure. As a fan, it's been a great trajectory. But at this point, Bluder only has a certain number of years left. It may be that recruits doubt she has what it takes to take her team to the Final 4 or higher -- after all, she's been around 20+ years and hasn't done it. People all over Twitter say that we're overrated seemingly every season. Furthermore, I could see some doubting how long she'll be around after Clark graduates.

Of course, we all know that Bluder's a great coach and that a Final 4 may very well be within the realm of possibility in the next few years. But our most recent Elite 8 is now going on 4 seasons ago. Recruits have short memories. Furthermore, our B1G title likely means a lot less outside B1G states. Add to that the undeniable fact that we live in one of the most flyoverish of flyover states (with literally zero major cities nearby)...I can see why it can be a challenge to attract elite talent outside of Iowa.

All that said, I'm very pleased with Bluder's '21 and '22 recruiting classes, not to mention Clark OR our inbound transfers, which were both GREAT gets IMO.
Very well stated, shikreto.

Reactions: shikreto
I mean no disrespect to Bluder b/c I don't believe we could have asked for a better coach to helm our program the last 2 decades, but coaches like Barnes-Arico and Amy Williams are selling a new, younger, ambitious brand with lots of energy, big plans and even bigger dreams (I could see the new coach at Illinois joining this club in coming years as well, and many at MN hope that Whalen will be in the same boat). They're "building something" and have had some recent success to back that up (especially KBA). They plan to be where they are for a long time to come, and their pitch is that this is just the beginning, come be a part of it. That sells, even if it certainly won't pan out for everyone like that.

A program like Iowa has had quite a bit of success but I think we're an established mid-tier brand. I read an article this year that mentioned Iowa WBB and it said we "typically get eliminated in the first weekend of the tournament." Clearly they were overlooking our Sweet 16s in '16 and '21, and our Elite 8 in '19, but it is what it is. We've definitely had slow but steady improvement in her tenure. As a fan, it's been a great trajectory. But at this point, Bluder only has a certain number of years left. It may be that recruits doubt she has what it takes to take her team to the Final 4 or higher -- after all, she's been around 20+ years and hasn't done it. People all over Twitter say that we're overrated seemingly every season. Furthermore, I could see some doubting how long she'll be around after Clark graduates.

Of course, we all know that Bluder's a great coach and that a Final 4 may very well be within the realm of possibility in the next few years. But our most recent Elite 8 is now going on 4 seasons ago. Recruits have short memories. Furthermore, our B1G title likely means a lot less outside B1G states. Add to that the undeniable fact that we live in one of the most flyoverish of flyover states (with literally zero major cities nearby)...I can see why it can be a challenge to attract elite talent outside of Iowa.

All that said, I'm very pleased with Bluder's '21 and '22 recruiting classes, not to mention Clark OR our inbound transfers, which were both GREAT gets IMO.

I really agree with most of the things you said. I have a few things that I hope recruits can see through.
1- A lot of this has to be about stability. Unless you are UCONN, South Carolina, etc. Coaches have been changing frequently and programs have been inconsistent. Bluder always has her team in the mix with a state that doesn't produce a ton of high D-1 talent.
2- Until those coaches you mentioned win on a consistent basis, they are no different than Frost, PJ Fleck or even Richard Pitino. Used car salesmen come in all forms. You have to win.
3- Iowa ALWAYS is classified as overrated. In everything. We are an easy target. Lots of white kids so athleticism gets questioned immediately in every sport (minus track). I hate saying that but I think that's a real factor in how we are viewed.

Reactions: BGHAWK
What are we going to do? What are we going to do? All of these teams will pass us by. lol

Missed this back in January. Class of 2025 C Amani Jenkins out of Des Moines North took an unofficial visit. No offer yet according to her Twitter, but something to keep an eye on.

14.0 pts, 8.2 rebounds, 2.5 blocks per game for DMN as a freshman. 49.4% from the floor and 9/22 (40.9%) from 3pt range.

HAD TO SPLIT INTO MULTIPLE POSTS DUE TO 1000 WORD LIMIT

CLASS OF 2025 and BEYOND

CLASS of 2025

G Jasmine Davidson (Happy Valley, OR - Clackamas HS) #1 and #1 Guard ESPN HoopGurlz 2025
Offers-
Iowa, USC, California, Texas A&M, North Carolina, UCLA, Utah, Oregon and Stanford
Visits- Oregon (January 2022)

G Dee Alexander (Cincinnati, OH - Purcell Marian HS) #2 ESPN HoopGurlz 2025
Offers-
Iowa, South Carolina, USC, Arizona, Oklahoma, West Virginia, Florida State, Kentucky, DePaul, Xavier, Oklahoma State, Florida, Miami FL, Arkansas, Maryland, North Carolina, Penn State, Virginia, Tennessee, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Michigan, Pittsburgh, Georgia, Virginia Tech, Michigan State, Ohio State, Louisville, Cincinnati and Illinois.

Wing Aniya Trent (Springboro, OH - Springboro HS) #24 and #5 Wing ESPN HoopGurlz 2025
Offers-
Iowa, Maryland, Wisconsin, Michigan State, North Carolina, Harvard, Toledo, Illinois State, Illinois, Cincinnati, Xavier and Dayton
Visits: Michigan (September 2021), Iowa (June 2022), Illinois (June 2022)

G Divine Bourrage (Davenport, IA - Davenport North HS)
Offers- Iowa, Iowa State, Florida and DePaul
Visits- Iowa (September 2021), Iowa State (September 2021)

SF Journey Houston (Davenport, IA - Davenport North HS)
Offers- Iowa, Iowa State, Michigan and DePaul
Visits- Michigan (September 2021), Iowa (October 2021)

F Bryn Martin (Springboro, OH - Springboro HS)
Offers- Harvard, Illinois, Xavier and Dayton
Michigan Elite Camp (August 2021), Dayton Camp (August 2021), Michigan (September 2021), Iowa (June 2022), Illinois (June 2022)

C Avery Gordon (Brownsburg, IN - Brownsburg HS)
Offers- Iowa, Maryland, Purdue, Illinois, Omaha, Evansville, Butler, Xavier and Toledo
Visits- Iowa (June 2022), Purdue (June 2022), Xavier (June 2022), Butler (June 2022)

G Jordan Speiser (St Peters, MO - Lutheran St Charles HS)
Offers- Iowa, Illinois, Purdue, Arkansas, DePaul, Florida Atlantic, Missouri State, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, Kansas, Marquette and Missouri
Visits- Iowa Elite Camp (June 2021), Missouri (June 2021), Kansas (July 2021), Iowa (September 2021), Missouri (October 2021)

G Destiny Jackson (Chicago, IL - Whitney Young HS)
Offers- Iowa, Florida, Michigan State, Mississippi State, Illinois, Ohio State, Arizona State, Marquette, Cincinnati, Houston, Pittsburgh, Illinois-Chicago and Milwaukee
Visits- Louisville Elite Camp(June 2021), Florida (August 2021), Illinois (October 2021)

C Amani Jenkins (Des Moines, IA - Des Moines North HS) Not Offered
Offers-
Oklahoma State, Marquette, Illinois State, Milwaukee and St Thomas
Visits- Marquette (August 2021), Oklahoma State (October 2021), Marquette game (December 2021), Iowa (January 2022), Oklahoma State game at ISU (February 2022), Marquette (June 2022)

F Mikayla Paschal (Largo, FL - Largo HS) Not Offered
Offers-
None listed via Twitter
Visits- Iowa (October 2021), Alabama (May 2022), Georgia (May 2022), Florida (June 2022), Iowa Elite Camp (June 2022)

G Ava Zediker (Des Moines, IA - Dowling Catholic HS) Not Offered
Offers-
Drake, Marquette, Montana State, Omaha, Green Bay and Eastern Illinois.
Visits- Iowa Elite Camp (June 2021), Iowa (September 2021), Creighton (November 2021)

CLASS of 2026
G Maddyn Greenway (Plymouth, MN - Providence Academy)
Offers- Iowa, Michigan, Iowa State, Minnesota and Creighton
Visits- Minnesota (September 2021), Iowa (September 2021), Iowa (June 2022), Michigan (June 2022)

G Jenica Lewis (Grimes, IA)
Offers- Iowa, Tennessee, Creighton, Dayton, Minnesota, Ohio State, Marquette, Penn State, Iowa State, Kentucky, North Carolina, Ole Miss, Miami FL, Oklahoma, Florida, Maryland, Louisville, Michigan State, Michigan, Kansas and Oklahoma State
Visits- Iowa State (June 2021), Iowa Elite Camp (June 2021), Iowa (September 2021), Florida (September 2021), Louisville (October 2021), Oklahoma State (October 2021), Michigan State (December 2021), Michigan (December 2021)

G Kamrah Banks (Indianapolis, IN)
Offers- Iowa, Alabama, Ohio State, Purdue, Harvard, Xavier, DePaul, Pittsburgh, Marquette, Arkansas, Mississippi State, Cincinnati, Tulsa, Butler, St Johns, North Carolina A&T, Illinois-Chicago and Arkansas Pine-Bluff
Visits- Louisville (June 2021), Ohio State (June 2021), Kentucky (June 2021), Marquette (August 2021), Purdue (October 2021), Alabama (October 2021)

SG Ava Miles (Kansas City, MO - Park Hill South HS) #21 Top Spot Basketball 2026
Offers-
Iowa, Oklahoma State and Kansas
Visits- Oklahoma State Camp (June 2022), Baylor Camp (June 2022), Iowa Elite Camp (2022)

G Addison Bjorn (Kansas City, MO - Park Hill South HS) #24 Top Spot Basketball 2026
Offers-
Iowa, Michigan, Auburn, Texas A&M, Louisville, Mississippi State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Iowa State, Virginia Tech, North Carolina, Florida, Kansas State, Kansas and Xavier
Visits- Louisville (June 2021), Nebraska Elite Camp (August 2021), Kansas (January 2022), Missouri (February 2022), Louisville (February 2022), Kansas State (February 2022), Iowa (June 2022)

CLASS of 2027
G Sydney Savoury (Ann Arbor, MI)
Offers- Iowa, Maryland, Michigan, Illinois, Purdue, Florida State, Arizona, Toledo, Xavier, and Harvard
Visits- Michigan (April 2022)
Updated with Amani Jenkins

Reactions: huntermmm
I’ve seen Amani Jenkins 50+ times the last two summers. Has come a LONG way and continues to grow into her body. Think she has a Marquette offer like a handful of other Iowa high schools girls. Nice player.

This is great to see. I’ve mused on here about how recruits see us and whether we have a ceiling for recruiting. I’m glad Bluder is aiming high and I’m glad recruits are showing interest.

Specifically, to hear her say she was fangirling over our players (not just Clark apparently) is great. We have been frustrated with not landing most of our top 23 recruits but this is evidence that some (elite!) kids are into our what we’re selling. Our stock is rising, for some players at least. That recent tweet from the Oregon AAU coach was also evidence of this. People are noticing our success, buying into our brand.

As fans, we all gotta do our part tbh by hyping them up on social, going to games, and sharing articles like those Kyle writes. Our fan base is also a big selling point for us. Schools like Indiana and Maryland have to beg students to show up.

We’re in a uniquely enviable position as opposed to lots of schools …if we’re able to have an even more successful season than last…it could pay off in droves on the recruiting trail.

Edited: Indiana, not Nebraska lmao like it matters but whatever

Last edited:
This is great to see. I’ve mused on here about how recruits see us and whether we have a ceiling for recruiting. I’m glad Bluder is aiming high and I’m glad recruits are showing interest.

Specifically, to hear her say she was fangirling over our players (not just Clark apparently) is great. We have been frustrated with not landing most of our top 23 recruits but this is evidence that some (elite!) kids are into our what we’re selling. Our stock is rising, for some players at least. That recent tweet from the Oregon AAU coach was also evidence of this. People are noticing our success, buying into our brand.

As fans, we all gotta do our part tbh by hyping them up on social, going to games, and sharing articles like those Kyle writes. Our fan base is also a big selling point for us. Schools like Nebraska and Maryland have to beg students to show up.

We’re in a uniquely enviable position as opposed to lots of schools …if we’re able to have an even more successful season than last…it could pay off in droves on the recruiting trail.
Agreed. Even though it hurts to lose Feuerbach for the season, I think the team will be stronger overall this year. We have a couple of high profile games early in the season (NC State and hopefully UCONN). We need to show up well in those games, and against other B1G contenders. But the most helpful thing for recruiting is to make a deep run into the Tourney, on the national stage.

Agreed. Even though it hurts to lose Feuerbach for the season, I think the team will be stronger overall this year. We have a couple of high profile games early in the season (NC State and hopefully UCONN). We need to show up well in those games, and against other B1G contenders. But the most helpful thing for recruiting is to make a deep run into the Tourney, on the national stage.
We will absolutely be stronger this year than last, even without KF. Last year was a season of hard lessons and a lot of growth. We had high hopes coming in bc of our Sweet 16 in 2021 but the truth is we were riding high on a certain kind of success and a lot of good luck (Kentucky for example has been the most wildly inconsistent team in the country recently and were a VERY good draw for us on the round of 32). We entered last season far less prepared for a historic season than we had hoped. This year should be different, we learned a LOT about how to win and how to lose last year, and everyone is back.

I think the silver lining here is that now with some combo of McCabe, Davis, Stuelke, and Affolter getting all of KF’s minutes, we’re in a much better position to mature our bench. That’s at least 15 minutes a game to go around, perhaps more like 20. If 3 or 4 of this year’s starters graduate, we’ll have many more players ready to step up into a 7-8 player rotation in ‘23-‘24 (I anticipate KF will be a starter as well) thanks to experience on the floor from ‘22-‘23. It should make the transition from the veterans to the newbies much less bumpy. We may very well have a new core lineup with 3 seasons left together (perhaps something like TM, KF, HS, SG).

Last edited:
We will absolutely be stronger this year than last, even without KF. Last year was a season of hard lessons and a lot of growth. We had high hopes coming in bc of our Sweet 16 in 2021 but the truth is we were riding high on a certain kind of success and a lot of good luck (Kentucky for example has been the most wildly inconsistent team in the country recently and were a VERY good draw for us on the round of 32). We entered last season far less prepared for a historic season than we had hoped. This year should be different, we learned a LOT about how to win and how to lose last year, and everyone is back.

I think the silver lining here is that now with some combo of McCabe, Stuelke, and Affolter getting all of KF’s minutes, we’re in a much better position to mature our bench. That’s at least 15 minutes a game to go around. If 3 or 4 of this year’s starters graduate, we’ll have many more players ready to step up into a 7-8 player rotation in ‘23-‘24 (I anticipate KF will be a starter as well) thanks to experience on the floor from ‘22-‘23. It should make the transition from the veterans to the newbies much less bumpy. We may very well have a new lineup with 3 seasons left together (perhaps something like TM, KF, HS, SG).
Do you mean JG instead of SG?

Do you mean JG instead of SG?
I meant Sharon and not Jada but it could go either way after this season. Both have 4 yrs of eligibility atm. I think SG will get more minutes than JG this year due to her experience but JG probably has a higher ceiling and may very well grab a starting spot over SG after MC and MW graduate.

Reactions: hawkahawk
I meant Sharon and not Jada but it could go either way after this season. Both have 4 yrs of eligibility atm. I think SG will get more minutes than JG this year due to her experience but JG probably has a higher ceiling and may very well grab a starting spot over SG after MC and MW graduate.
Gotcha - thanks!

Kyle - just a quick question - are all these non-Iowa offer posts for players that Iowa has offered? Or just shown an interest in? Seems like an awful lot of players!

Kyle - just a quick question - are all these non-Iowa offer posts for players that Iowa has offered? Or just shown an interest in? Seems like an awful lot of players!
Trinity Wilson and Ava Zediker are the only ones Iowa has not offered that I post offers for. Both have made visits to Iowa.

Reactions: Kurt Johnson

I think the silver lining here is that now with some combo of McCabe, Davis, Stuelke, and Affolter getting all of KF’s minutes, we’re in a much better position to mature our bench. That’s at least 15 minutes a game to go around, perhaps more like 20. If 3 or 4 of this year’s starters graduate, we’ll have many more players ready to step up into a 7-8 player rotation in ‘23-‘24 (I anticipate KF will be a starter as well) thanks to experience on the floor from ‘22-‘23. It should make the transition from the veterans to the newbies much less bumpy. We may very well have a new core lineup with 3 seasons left together (perhaps something like TM, KF, HS, SG).

I see Sydney as a good back-up at the 2 or 3. I don't necessarily see Hannah getting many minutes as a 1 or 2, simply because her size and athleticism makes her a perfect wing/4; and gives Iowa what we've been lacking in that realm. A mystery to me is where Jada Gyamfi lands. Not much tape on her, so is she a 3, 4? But she will bring some size and skills. In terms of the G slots, we're adding the help we needed at PG (and defense) with Molly D, and by midseason, I think we'll see Taylor McCabe burning the nets in the 2. But we did lose something with Kylie's all around play, her length, speed, heart, etc., and w/ Tomi gone, it's an issue. We're clearly solid at post this year, and next. Surprised you didn't mention Addison O'Grady, who I believe will be the #2 post this year, and #1 thereafter. I'm seeing her as the next great Iowa post. With Goodman returning, I'd guess Bluder would try to develop Ediger as more of a 4. We didn't see AJ much last year, but I do think she has the talent to make an impact. But imagine this starting line-up next (2023) year. 1: Caitlin, (backed by Davis and newbie KJE) 2: McCabe (backed by Davis, Kylie F and Affolter) 3: Stuelke, or Gyamfi (backed by Kylie, Affolter, and Wetering (We have yet to see what Shateah might bring). 4: Some combo of Stuelke, Gyamfi , and AJ Edijer. Post: O'Grady. (Backed by Goodman, and Ediger). So even after losing Monica, Warnock and Martin, 2023 looks good. It's a deep and talented lineup with enough size and athleticism to compete with the best in the NCAA.

Will Kylie be eligible for a medical redshirt and how many years of eligibility will she have left?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT