ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Women's Basketball Recruiting Offer/Commitment List

Will Kylie be eligible for a medical redshirt and how many years of eligibility will she have left?
I don’t know why she wouldn’t be, seems like a clear cut case. She’ll have 3 left, putting her in the same “class” as Goodman, Gyamfi, Stuelke, McCabe, and Wetering.

Last edited:
I see Sydney as a good back-up at the 2 or 3. I don't necessarily see Hannah getting many minutes as a 1 or 2, simply because her size and athleticism makes her a perfect wing/4; and gives Iowa what we've been lacking in that realm. A mystery to me is where Jada Gyamfi lands. Not much tape on her, so is she a 3, 4? But she will bring some size and skills. In terms of the G slots, we're adding the help we needed at PG (and defense) with Molly D, and by midseason, I think we'll see Taylor McCabe burning the nets in the 2. But we did lose something with Kylie's all around play, her length, speed, heart, etc., and w/ Tomi gone, it's an issue. We're clearly solid at post this year, and next. Surprised you didn't mention Addison O'Grady, who I believe will be the #2 post this year, and #1 thereafter. I'm seeing her as the next great Iowa post. With Goodman returning, I'd guess Bluder would try to develop Ediger as more of a 4. We didn't see AJ much last year, but I do think she has the talent to make an impact. But imagine this starting line-up next (2023) year. 1: Caitlin, (backed by Davis and newbie KJE) 2: McCabe (backed by Davis, Kylie F and Affolter) 3: Stuelke, or Gyamfi (backed by Kylie, Affolter, and Wetering (We have yet to see what Shateah might bring). 4: Some combo of Stuelke, Gyamfi , and AJ Edijer. Post: O'Grady. (Backed by Goodman, and Ediger). So even after losing Monica, Warnock and Martin, 2023 looks good. It's a deep and talented lineup with enough size and athleticism to compete with the best in the NCAA.

I listed Hannah bc it sounds like she is playing the 3/4 and Ogrady playing the 4/5. I think any minutes KF may have potentially had at the 3 are now solidly gonna be Hannah’s stats. Ogrady will def get minutes at the 4/5 (I’m just as high on her as you FWIW) but I don’t see those minutes increasing now that KF is out.

As for 2023, I see the starting lineup / primary reserves as likely being Clark (KJE), Davis (McCabe), Feuerbach (Affolter/Jones) Stuelke (Gyamfi), O’Grady (Goodman).

Lots of toughness and talent across those top 10/11, and we still have Wetering/Edigar to fit in (whom I haven’t seen enough of to appraise tbh).

AO apparently likes the 4 but she is so good at the 5 and Hannah seems like such a great 4, I can’t see Bluder not wanting to stretch the floor with AO starting at the 5.

Last edited:
Reactions: natchrlman
I listed Hannah bc it sounds like she is playing the 3/4 and Ogrady playing the 4/5. I think any minutes KF may have potentially had at the 3 are now solidly gonna be Hannah’s stats. Ogrady will def get minutes at the 4/5 (I’m just as high on her as you FWIW) but I don’t see those minutes increasing now that KF is out.

As for 2023, I see the starting lineup / primary reserves as likely being Clark (KEJ), Davis (McCabe), Feuerbach (Affolter/Jones) Stuelke (Gyamfi), O’Grady (Goodman).

Lots of toughness and talent across those top 10/11, and we still have Wetering/Edigar to fit in (whom I haven’t seen enough of to appraise tbh).

AO apparently likes the 4 but she is so good at the 5 and Hannah seems like such a great 4, I can’t see Bluder not wanting to stretch the floor with AO starting at the 5.
If you are going to refer to players by their initials, you should get them right! Kenisse should be KJE!

If you are going to refer to players by their initials, you should get them right! Kenisse should be KJE!
Seems obligatory here.....

stripes-francis-francis.gif

Jasmine Brown has an Instagram poll going, asking if she should drop her top schools list tomorrow. Currently is a yes.

Was perusing the Minnesota WBB forum today (yes, another school that has a dedicated WBB forum, even tho we don't) and saw some chatter about '26 G Nakia Ollivierre out of Wellsburg, IA (near Waterloo). I googled her and her national ranking came up as #88 for her class (who knows what ranking, but someone who is posting vids of her is pushing that accolade).

I realized I hadn't heard much about her on here, and when I entered her name into the search box, I got no results. Anyone got any intel/thoughts on her prospects?

Was perusing the Minnesota WBB forum today (yes, another school that has a dedicated WBB forum, even tho we don't) and saw some chatter about '26 G Nakia Ollivierre out of Wellsburg, IA (near Waterloo). I googled her and her national ranking came up as #88 for her class (who knows what ranking, but someone who is posting vids of her is pushing that accolade).

I realized I hadn't heard much about her on here, and when I entered her name into the search box, I got no results. Anyone got any intel/thoughts on her prospects?
I don’t know anything about her. She is followed by Raina Harmon on Twitter. She hasn’t posted any offers, but visited North Carolina and NC State. Has been to elite camps for Minnesota, Harvard, Boston University and Missouri.

Top Spot Basketball has her at #88, which is the same ranking that has Jenica Lewis at #1 and Maddyn Greenway at #27.

Reactions: shikreto
Looks like we will be waiting another day for the Jasmine Brown top school list. Very surprising that she asked if people wanted it and then didn’t post it.

I like our odds here. If she chooses any of the other schools, more power to her tbh. Can’t blame her and she’d be taking a reasonable and understandable risk. She would clearly be looking to resurrect / lead those teams in a way she couldn’t at Iowa. If she wants to join the best team (and her best friend) and be part of a balanced offense, then we are the clear choice.

Having KJE is def a shot in the arm for us, but I totally get it if she wants to take her own path as well.

Last edited:
She is not wearing a Miss State jersey. It’s an Example Academy jersey. That’s the one school of the six that she has not visited. They offered shortly after her visit to Iowa.
What has happened at MS State has been tragic. If she wants to be their savior, I’d cheer her on (would still miss her).

No inside info but I would guess her choice to be one of the Big10 schools.

No. She had cancer in 2013 and even stated when she quit in October that it wasn’t cancer related. She is now coaching at Rutgers.
Incorrect. It flared up again. I assume she must be in a better place now since she's taken the Rutgers position, but it hasn't been commented on publicly to my knowledge.

Quote from the linked souce:
"Over the past several weeks, I have been faced again with health concerns I had hoped were behind me,” McCray-Penson said in a school release. “In light of these developments, I have decided to step away from coaching in order to devote my full time and energy to addressing those issues. Although I look forward to returning to coaching when I am able, I believe this is the best decision for me and my family at this time. I appreciate the support MSU has shown me, and I will be pulling for the team's success this season.”

Incorrect. It flared up again. I assume she must be in a better place now since she's taken the Rutgers position, but it hasn't been commented on publicly to my knowledge.

Quote from the linked souce:
"Over the past several weeks, I have been faced again with health concerns I had hoped were behind me,” McCray-Penson said in a school release. “In light of these developments, I have decided to step away from coaching in order to devote my full time and energy to addressing those issues. Although I look forward to returning to coaching when I am able, I believe this is the best decision for me and my family at this time. I appreciate the support MSU has shown me, and I will be pulling for the team's success this season.”

Not once in what you quoted did she say it was cancer-related. In fact, she has actually stated it wasn’t cancer but mental and personal health.

Also…do you think she would have resigned if it was cancer?

Reactions: undersized_post
ADVERTISEMENT