ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Women's Basketball Recruiting Offer/Commitment List

I read the link above about top rated recruit classes. Minny is number 3 I think. I checked them out. they have 3 girls all rated in the 30s that committed. All 3 live in Minnesota. How does one state not that big have 3 that highly rated? Is it accurate?

Davenport North High School freshman Journey Houston Hits for 24 points and 10 rebounds against a good Assumption team in a win for North. Also North freshman Divine Bourrage with 16 points. As most of you know they are receiving major recruiting interest. If You get a chance to see these two play there fun to watch.

UPDATED LIST
CLASS OF 2022
F Jada Gyamfi- Iowa
F Hannah Stuelke- Iowa
SG Taylor McCabe- Iowa
PG Acacia Hayes- Western Kentucky
PG Mya Petticord- Texas A&M
SG Ruby Whitehorn- Clemson

CLASS OF 2023
G Macy Brown- Michigan
PG Rashunda Jones- Purdue
PG Amiyah Reynolds- Maryland
SF Jordan Wood- Michigan State
G Katy Eidle- Michigan
SG Lenee Beaumont- Uncommitted
PG Lisa Thompson- Uncommitted
SF Sahara Williams- Uncommitted
F Ruthie Loomis-Goltl- Uncommitted
C Audi Crooks- Uncommitted
PG Kennise Johnson-Etienne- Uncommitted
G Jasmine Brown- Uncommitted

CLASS OF 2024 AND BEYOND
2024 PG Callie Levin- Iowa
2024 Amiah Hargrove- Uncommitted
2024 Hannah Coons- Uncommitted
2024 G Chloe Spreen- Uncommitted
2024 G Britt Prince- Uncommitted
2024 Taylor Stremlow- Uncommitted
2024 PG Jordyn Poole- Uncommitted
2024 Olivia Olson- Uncommitted
2025 PG Destiny Jackson- Uncommitted
2025 Ava Zediker- Uncommitted
2025 Journey Houston- Uncommitted
2025 G Jordan Speiser- Uncommitted
2025 Mikayla Paschal- Uncommitted
2025 Divine Bourrage- Uncommitted
2026 G Maddyn Greenway- Uncommitted
2026 Kamrah Banks- Uncommitted
2026 PG Jenica Lewis- Uncommitted

Some of the 2024-2026 have visited Iowa, but do not have an offer yet.

Last edited:
Finally able to get confirmation that Iowa has offered Taylor Woodson, ESPN's #26 overall player in the 2023 class. It sounds like Iowa is in her top group, although she is a Minnesota legacy and has a friend committed there.

2023 Taylor Woodson Interview

The Davenport North Freshmen prospects (Journey Houston and Divine Bourrage) who started their season with a record of 0-6 are now 4-7. Houston went for 25 and 15 last night in a one-point loss to North Scott, which is ranked in 4A.

Nice article on Journey Houston in Thursdays QC Times. If I knew how to link it I would. Maybe someone out there could do this for us fans. 😏

Reactions: HIWILLE
Audi Crooks, does anyone know how the Hawks stand in her recruitment?
No inside knowledge, but if I'm a Center, I'd be wary of Iowa's roster given that we already have Czinano (who might come back from another year), Goodman, O'Grady, and Ediger. Add to that Gyamfi and Stuelke in the 2022 class, and it's going to be tough to get playing time at first. But on the other hand, it's a good sign that she's taking an official visit and hanging out with the 2022 commits, so who knows.

I'll add that I find her exciting to watch and looking forward to following her wherever she ends up. From a selfish perspective, I just really hope that if we don't get her, she doesn't choose Iowa State or Maryland. ;)

Last edited:
Audi Crooks, does anyone know how the Hawks stand in her recruitment?
I don't have any specific insight, but I think it's a pretty good sign that she was sitting at the game with the commits from our 2022 class.

And if it comes down to an in-state battle between Iowa and Iowa State, Iowa has a better history of developing 5s and likely a more promising future over the next couple years with Ashley Joens graduating this year and Clark still having 2 more seasons.

No inside knowledge, but if I'm a Center, I'd be wary of Iowa's roster given that we already have Czinano (who might come back from another year), Goodman, O'Grady, and Ediger. Add to that Gyamfi and Stuelke in the 2022 class, and it's going to be tough to get playing time at first. But on the other hand, it's a good sign that she's taking an official visit and hanging out with the 2022 commits, so who knows.
Czinano and Crooks won't overlap even if Czinano takes an extra year.

Goodman and O'Grady will both be juniors when Crooks arrives. If Crooks isn't planning to play a ton right away (which she probably won't on most top 25 teams), I'm not sure they would impact her decision all that much. There's also a chance one of them transfers before she gets to campus.

As for Gyamfi and Stuelke, are either expected to be 5s at Iowa? I haven't watched game film on either, but the highlights of Stuelke's I've seen make me think she's ideally a 4. Gyamfi seems on the small side for a 5. Frankly, Ediger has the same issue.

You're right, though, we do have a lot of players that only really fit at a couple positions. With Coach Bluder's substitution patterns, a few likely won't get any meaningful minutes barring significant injuries.

Czinano and Crooks won't overlap even if Czinano takes an extra year.

Goodman and O'Grady will both be juniors when Crooks arrives. If Crooks isn't planning to play a ton right away (which she probably won't on most top 25 teams), I'm not sure they would impact her decision all that much. There's also a chance one of them transfers before she gets to campus.

As for Gyamfi and Stuelke, are either expected to be 5s at Iowa? I haven't watched game film on either, but the highlights of Stuelke's I've seen make me think she's ideally a 4. Gyamfi seems on the small side for a 5. Frankly, Ediger has the same issue.

You're right, though, we do have a lot of players that only really fit at a couple positions. With Coach Bluder's substitution patterns, a few likely won't get any meaningful minutes barring significant injuries.
Totally true about Czinano -- that was a gaffe on my part. Whether Gyamfi or Stuelke play the 5 though, we will see. I agree that both are more ideally suited to the 4, and I do hope they end up spending most of their minutes there. But as we have seen this year with Cook vs. O'Grady/Ediger, Bluder isn't going to automatically move someone up the depth chart at the 5 just because they are a better fit of the typical physical mold. So yeah, I do think Crooks would be competing with both Gyamfi and Stuelke, to a certain extent, for playing time.

edit: And I do think Goodman/O'Grady being juniors when Crooks is a freshman will inform her decision. Jensen has said how difficult it was to recruit a center to come in to play behind Gustafson because it was so clear that Gustafson was going to play literally every minute possible. One idea that intrigues me is Crooks coming in and redshirting for a year to get into a bit better shape physically. Then she is a freshman when these two are seniors... I like that idea :D

Last edited:

I'll add that I find her exciting to watch and looking forward to following her wherever she ends up. From a selfish perspective, I just really hope that if we don't get her, she doesn't choose Iowa State or Maryland. ;)
All the players you listed are not all post players.

Reactions: UptownHawk
ADVERTISEMENT