ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Women's Wrestling

All due respect and I share your enthusiasm but for now they’re a really big fish in a small pond….. hope that changes
I concur with your small pond take. I am hoping the gals with 1 or two years of eligibility stick around with HWC.
As it stands, we are all in on Spencer. If he stays healthy, HWC gets a big image change. We have work to do.

Updating
PrairieHawk24 said:
101- E.Gonzalez, B.Gonzalez
109- N. Valencia, S.Dias
116- F. Taylor, A .Bayless
123- E.Schmit,
130- N.Estrella
136- E. Han **
143- R.Larramendy, B.Mir
155-
170- K.Welker
191- S.Calkins

She's the 13th ranked wrestler in the country at her weight, regardless of age. 3rd at Fargo as a HS junior. Are we sure we should be so pessimistic?

No pessimism here.

She is also a senior that finished 3rd at Fargo this year.

Last edited:
No pessimism here.

She is also a senior that finished 3rd at Fargo this year.

That was more of a message to all than you specifically. Also, Fargo Nationals don’t start until this weekend. Perhaps she was a high school senior in 2021 and that’s why I’m wrong.

Reactions: ZachJump
That was more of a message to all than you specifically. Also, Fargo Nationals don’t start until this weekend. Perhaps she was a high school senior in 2021 and that’s why I’m wrong.
We all good.

And I guess I got to get better sources than HawkeyeSports (and I mean that seriously)

and finished third at both the 2022 Fargo Junior Nationals and Folkstyle Nationals

Ya made me actually go look and realize I am dumb. Thanks :)

We all good.

And I guess I got to get better sources than HawkeyeSports (and I mean that seriously)

Ya made me actually go look and realize I am dumb. Thanks :)

I saw that too. I think they may have screwed up but what do I know?

Awesome hire!……that room just keeps getting better

The HWC is going to be fielding a hell of a womens team in the future….. Men need to step it up

Reactions: wyldhawk9
Nice collection of short inteviews of all the wrestlers. I haven't made it through all of them yet, but a common theme is that Coach Chun was a huge factor in the decision to come to Iowa. I'm sure it's no surprise for those involved with women's wrestling, but still awesome to hear just how much the wrestlers look up to her.

Just glad all of the West coasters are already enrolled before having to experience their 1st winter in Iowa!

Nice collection of short inteviews of all the wrestlers. I haven't made it through all of them yet, but a common theme is that Coach Chun was a huge factor in the decision to come to Iowa. I'm sure it's no surprise for those involved with women's wrestling, but still awesome to hear just how much the wrestlers look up to her.

Just glad all of the West coasters are already enrolled before having to experience their 1st winter in Iowa!

thanks for sharing this!

Reactions: jrod65
Who is who in this photo, would poster identify the wrestlers. Photos are not up on the University of Iowa website (yet).

ADVERTISEMENT