ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa wrestling athletes

Hawk_82

HR Heisman
Sep 17, 2006
Who are the best pure athletes in the iowa wrestling room? Not necessarily the best wrestler.

How do they compare to best wrestling athletes in the country?

Obviously spencer is the best wrestler at iowa? But is he on the same level of athletic freakness as someone like gable steveson?

Who are the best pure athletes in the iowa wrestling room? Not necessarily the best wrestler.

How do they compare to best wrestling athletes in the country?

Obviously spencer is the best wrestler at iowa? But is he on the same level of athletic freakness as someone like gable steveson?
To be as good as Spencer is, you have to have a certain level of athleticism. This isn’t cornhole. Yes, steveson is an athletic freak of nature but so is Spencer and so is yianni and the like. Spencer is all wrestling with every step he takes so considering his injuries, you won’t see many backflips during his career but if you’ve ever watched him scramble that body awareness should tell you all you need to know. Or you can hop on YouTube and watch him roll through on cashman during wrestle offs like he was watching married with children. I don’t know who the most athletic guy is in the Iowa room but I guess that depends on your definition.

Reactions: IAChief32
To be as good as Spencer is, you have to have a certain level of athleticism. This isn’t cornhole. Yes, steveson is an athletic freak of nature but so is Spencer and so is yianni and the like. Spencer is all wrestling with every step he takes so considering his injuries, you won’t see many backflips during his career but if you’ve ever watched him scramble that body awareness should tell you all you need to know. Or you can hop on YouTube and watch him roll through on cashman during wrestle offs like he was watching married with children. I don’t know who the most athletic guy is in the Iowa room but I guess that depends on your definition.

I think on of Spencer's best attributes is he is freakishly strong and knows how to apply it. Just look at when he ragdolled NATO at U.S. Nationals (5:35 mark). This to go along with the technique and scrambling ability. I'd say him or Kemerer are the best ad lib scramblers. Get some strength on Drake and he'll get there as well. Eierman is a guy who lives there and is most comfortable in funky positions.

As an athlete, Warner is underrated. We've all seen him hit "How the fook did he do that" shots but he needs the confidence to hit those consistently.

I think on of Spencer's best attributes is he is freakishly strong and knows how to apply it. Just look at when he ragdolled NATO at U.S. Nationals (5:35 mark). This to go along with the technique and scrambling ability. I'd say him or Kemerer are the best ad lib scramblers. Get some strength on Drake and he'll get there as well. Eierman is a guy who lives there and is most comfortable in funky positions.

As an athlete, Warner is underrated. We've all seen him hit "How the fook did he do that" shots but he needs the confidence to hit those consistently.

I agree on Warner. Probably not the best athlete in the room but I heard he dealt with his fair share of injuries unsurprisingly but still pulls a Houdini here and there. Speaking of athletes, I really like kueter. Nobody read into that more than they need to. Haha. He has that type of athleticism and length that will be a real problem. Like a bo nickal. I will boycott football if he switches to just pigskin. I’m sure you have seen him a lot over the years. Is he as special as I think he is? Also, Spencer has always been strong. I have some videos that would make psu’s skin crawl even though they happened a long time ago.

Reactions: IAChief32
ADVERTISEMENT