ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Wrestling to hold Open Mat Saturday with recruits in town - **Updated blog 9/24

Hope to see you there.

https://iowawrestlingblog.com/2017/...hold-open-mat-saturday-with-recruits-in-town/

Just a bump to get this to the top.

All hands on deck due to the challenge of the workout being six hours before kickoff. Again, recruits will be in town for this.

This is a great opportunity for those that want to come into town just for the practice or as part of your gameday experience.

Doors open at 11 AM. Workout at 11:30 AM - 1 PM.

I'm in.

I am now up on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/IowaWrestlingFan/
and on Twiiter at https://twitter.com/iawrestlingfan

It is great to be an Iowa Wrestling Fan.

Go Hawks!

giphy.gif

Anyone?

Good matchups I saw:

Turk vs Lugo: Man that Lugo is slick. Turk almost had him taken down and he slips out of it to score twice. Turk looks like a 41. BTW, I think Paul Glynn makes 125...if he cuts off a leg.

Downey vs Meyer: Mostly going upper body Greco stuff. Meyer would get in on Downey, looked to have him locked up for a throw and Downey would end up tossing Meyer. Downey knows how to use his length and leverage and when to relax his whole body...good athlete. Tossed Meyer in a pretty throw that I'm sure would be a fiver

Warner vs Nate: Nate is a lot bigger than Warner and Warner was having a tough time penetrating Nate's head hands...typical first year handfighting stuff. A lot of these elite guys are used to shooting, or even taking bad shots and finishing because they are so talented. You saw the difference in Moore vs Warner and I saw it again with Nate. Warner is getting bigger though...he's a goer and didn't stop the whole practice.

McD vs Murin: Murin could hold his own here but had a tough time finishing on Matt. Matt was in his ear the whole time. Seen a lot of mentorship going on in the room which was cool.

Moody vs Gunther: This was a dogfight and probably the most intense of the day. At one point, Gunther got the TD at the edge near the bleachers. Gunther is a tough hombre to score on...things got a bit chippy with Moody.

I'll let somebody else talk about recruits.

Good matchups I saw:

Turk vs Lugo: Man that Lugo is slick. Turk almost had him taken down and he slips out of it to score twice. Turk looks like a 41. BTW, I think Paul Glynn makes 125...if he cuts off a leg.

Downey vs Meyer: Mostly going upper body Greco stuff. Meyer would get in on Downey, looked to have him locked up for a throw and Downey would end up tossing Meyer. Downey knows how to use his length and leverage and when to relax his whole body...good athlete. Tossed Meyer in a pretty throw that I'm sure would be a fiver

Warner vs Nate: Nate is a lot bigger than Warner and Warner was having a tough time penetrating Nate's head hands...typical first year handfighting stuff. A lot of these elite guys are used to shooting, or even taking bad shots and finishing because they are so talented. You saw the difference in Moore vs Warner and I saw it again with Nate. Warner is getting bigger though...he's a goer and didn't stop the whole practice.

McD vs Murin: Murin could hold his own here but had a tough time finishing on Matt. Matt was in his ear the whole time. Seen a lot of mentorship going on in the room which was cool.

Moody vs Gunther: This was a dogfight and probably the most intense of the day. At one point, Gunther got the TD at the edge near the bleachers. Gunther is a tough hombre to score on...things got a bit chippy with Moody.

I'll let somebody else talk about recruits.

Thanks chief but you're the man!!!...... talk recruits please!

Reactions: IAChief32 and Huck
Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
Glad to hear guys are embracing #4-Rutt. I thought a lot of of Iowa guys were stronger last year, then previous years. 4-5 years of Rutt should pay good dividends.
I agree, since Rutt has arrived, I feel there has been a noticeable difference in how 'jacked' the team looks.

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT