ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Wrestling

Right on.

But how long will we be resting on our laurels? I mean, will we be defending our title next season?

Right on.

But how long will we be resting on our laurels? I mean, will we be defending our title next season?
There was no 2020 championship. Sorry, you can’t claim something that never happened. Was Iowa the favorite last year? Absolutely. But, as much as you want, you can’t claim something that never happened. PSU is the defending national champs.

Reactions: el dub
There was no 2020 championship. Sorry, you can’t claim something that never happened. Was Iowa the favorite last year? Absolutely. But, as much as you want, you can’t claim something that never happened. PSU is the defending national champs.

Penn State can't claim the 2020 National Championship either.

There are some (Ok St) cowboys that might disagree on the historical portion.

Last edited:
Penn State was not the national champ in 2020. They will go into 2021 as the defending 4th place big 10 finisher.

Penn State was not the national champ in 2020. They will go into 2021 as the defending 4th place big 10 finisher.
Hurts to then think Spencer is not the defending 125lb National Champ. Going to be a sour taste in my mouth not being able to call Spencer a 4 timer.

Gable/Brands are the best in the business at teaching and motivating. That's all.

maybe so in the 80's but if you are not the best at recruiting in todays game that's not enough to get on top on its own. Recruiting is more a predicted science with so many kids wrestling year round in national tournaments plus the nutrition, strength aspect is so much more highly evolved from Gables day.

maybe so in the 80's but if you are not the best at recruiting in todays game that's not enough to get on top on its own. Recruiting is more a predicted science with so many kids wrestling year round in national tournaments plus the nutrition, strength aspect is so much more highly evolved from Gables day.
I hope Morningstar takes on a head coaching position somewhere, he deserves it. Also hoping Spencer Lee moves in his spot and Iowa will be dominant in recruiting. And then the head coach after Brands. That's my plan anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT