ADVERTISEMENT

Iowans' support for non-COVID vaccine requirements in schools erodes, Iowa Poll finds

Anti vaxxers are nutballs. Always have been.

The problem is, anti vaxxers didn't exist 25 years ago. Back then, enough people were still around to see what all those diseases did so they weren't stupid enough to think not having the vaccines was a good thing.

Now, no one has seen what measles, mumps, whooping cough, etc can do to a child. If they haven't seen it personally, it didn't happen. Just like Covid, it didn't happen to them, so it's a government conspiracy to control us. Because people are easily manipulated by disinformation.

Let people make their own decisions to live or die. This is America. They don’t want or need your opinion on this clearly.
Because they’ve already heard it, we all have, and it still didn’t matter to them.
People aren't making their own decisions when it comes to these specific vaccines. A child who doesn't get vaxxed isn't making that decision. But that child will sure as hell suffer the consequences.

conis_nyc_jpg_1940s_3c10440u.1633x0.jpg

This was my reality going to elementary school in the 60s. How did we ever survive this authoritarian government?;)
Probably used the same needle, too!

And when they were new, I’m sure compliance was much lower. But, you are too dumb to understand that.
I think some vaccines should be mandated. But, people like you are to blame for the lower vaccination rates we will see moving forward, due to your fanatical push for Covid vaccine mandates Thanks a lot.
They weren't. People stood in lines for polio shots when they were brand new... even after hundreds died from their shot when a manufacturer made an error. Took months to figure out the reason for the deaths and yet people were still lining up. Boy it's amazing that when a politician or two make this an issue... it becomes an issue.

The problem is, anti vaxxers didn't exist 25 years ago. Back then, enough people were still around to see what all those diseases did so they weren't stupid enough to think not having the vaccines was a good thing.

Now, no one has seen what measles, mumps, whooping cough, etc can do to a child. If they haven't seen it personally, it didn't happen. Just like Covid, it didn't happen to them, so it's a government conspiracy to control us. Because people are easily manipulated by disinformation.
And they had a sense of responsibility for their fellow citizens and weren't whiny self centered morans.

Fine...they don't get vaccinated, they sign a waiver that they don't take valuble medical resources when they get sick. I'm 100% on board with that.

But children don't get that choice, do they? Do adults get to make THAT decision for them? Are you saying that an adult can deny a child any life-saving treatment?
In 1985 we had three vaccine types. DTP, polio, and MMR, with coverage rates of 63%, 53%, and 61%, respectively. Oh those 80's, such carnage. I'm not sure how we ever made it out alive.

In 1985 we had three vaccine types. DTP, polio, and MMR, with coverage rates of 63%, 53%, and 61%, respectively. Oh those 80's, such carnage. I'm not sure how we ever made it out alive.
Did you get your data from this link?

If so did you read this footnote:

Data prior to 1993 were collected by the National Health Interview Survey and represent 2-year-old children. Data from 1993 forward are from the National Immunization Survey and represent 19-35 month-old children. Different methods were used for the two surveys.

That might explain the lower vaccination rates since they didn't include children over 2 years old.

Did you get your data from this link?

If so did you read this footnote:

Data prior to 1993 were collected by the National Health Interview Survey and represent 2-year-old children. Data from 1993 forward are from the National Immunization Survey and represent 19-35 month-old children. Different methods were used for the two surveys.

That might explain the lower vaccination rates since they didn't include children over 2 years old.
Do you anticipate that data to be dramatically different outside of 2 yr olds?

There is a pretty significant jump in 1993. 88%, 78%, and 84% respectively.
Yeah that's about the time when vaccine uptake dramatically increased, and new types started appearing on the schedule. My initial post was about vaccine uptake in the mid 80's. Do you think the rates were higher outside of 2 yr olds in 1985?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Yeah that's about the time when vaccine uptake dramatically increased, and new types started appearing on the schedule. My initial post was about vaccine uptake in the mid 80's. Do you think the rates were much higher outside of 2 yr olds in 1985?
Yes

Yeah that's about the time when vaccine uptake dramatically increased, and new types started appearing on the schedule. My initial post was about vaccine uptake in the mid 80's. Do you think the rates were higher outside of 2 yr olds in 1985?
LOL...purely coincidental that "vaccine uptake dramatically increased" the same year that they changed the way they collected data. Weird, huh?

OK, please explain.
Three year olds often attend preschools that require vaccinations. It makes sense to me that people who put off vaccinations would do so when it is necessary for enrollment. Why do you think it wouldn't have an effect to include 3 year olds?

This is false. Anti-vax group definitely was around in 1997. It was made up of people from all walks of life most notably and loudest were the celebrities who are not Republican. But there were people of all different groups so to stereotype an anti-vaxxer as one party or the other is wrong.

LOL...purely coincidental that "vaccine uptake dramatically increased" the same year that they changed the way they collected data. Weird, huh?
Of course it couldn't have been because of policies and the push to increase vaccination rates to go along with all the new vaccines they put on the market?

I predicted this early on. The vaccine mandates backfired and as a result we will now see more anti-vaxxers than ever before. Overplayed their hand now everyone will pay for it.
Your blame is misplaced. If any of the things that we vax for now with out an issue were to appear today for the first time, we would be in the exact same situation...That's not on the science providers.

People aren't making their own decisions when it comes to these specific vaccines. A child who doesn't get vaxxed isn't making that decision. But that child will sure as hell suffer the consequences.
Not from Covid they won't.

Nice to see people wading through the lies and deceit. Always fun to watch you clowns cry and point fingers about it. The only thing eroding is faith in a politically manipulated health care system. You can blame yourselves for this.
Please. The repubs have been trying to dismantle the healthcare system for the worse since the Newt Gingerich era.

It feels shitty. I want a real leader, not a MAGAt basing all of her decisions on sticking it to the libs.
Liberals have horrifically bad ideas on how to shape our country. And the good ideas you guys have, you seem to pick the most ignorant, convoluted ways of implementing them. A governor that does what her constituents would like her to do, what a concept.

Liberals have horrifically bad ideas on how to shape our country. And the good ideas you guys have, you seem to pick the most ignorant, convoluted ways of implementing them. A governor that does what her constituents would like her to do, what a concept.
Like attack teachers and defund schools?

Reactions: cigaretteman
Nice to see people wading through the lies and deceit. Always fun to watch you clowns cry and point fingers about it. The only thing eroding is faith in a politically manipulated health care system. You can blame yourselves for this.
Yes, if they would have been honest about the oversight of safety to begin with, we wouldn't be in this mess. The caring about safety ended when they took liability off the manufacturers. Of course it was Reagan who ultimately allowed the National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act of 1986, but I think we can blame HHS and Congress for their outrageous lack of effort to ensure the Act's terms and conditions were followed.

I'd be curious to see your list of bad ideas and also good ideas D's have had in recent years.

Like attack teachers and defund schools?
Any teacher that was offended by rep Chapmans comments just proves their guilt. If you’re not inserting your own personal ignorance into the classrooms you teach, then that comment has nothing to do with you. Funny how it offended so many. If someone made comments about people being bad husbands or fathers would you be offended? I’m assuming not bc you would comprehend that it wasnt you in particular being targeted. And the defunding schools part is just as laughable, gone are the days where only rich people send their kids to private school. Most of us just want our children properly educated, it’s not a difficult concept.

Of course it couldn't have been because of policies and the push to increase vaccination rates to go along with all the new vaccines they put on the market?
LOL..so a "push to increase vaccination rates" is something nefarious now?.

Late 1970s | Recommended Vaccines​

Diphtheria*
Tetanus*
Pertussis*
Polio (OPV)
Measles**
Mumps**
Rubella**

1994 - 1995 | Recommended Vaccines
Diphtheria*
Tetanus*
Pertussis*
Measles**
Mumps**
Rubella**
Polio (OPV)
Hib
Hepatitis B

Holy CRAP!!! o_O Look at "all the new vaccines" added to that list in fifteen years!! Oh...and the HepB vaccine had been around since 1981 but was moved from the "at-risk" group to a general recommendation so select people had been getting it for more than a decade already.

BTW, that list for the seventies - it has one LESS vaccine than they had in the 60's. Know which one got eliminated? Know WHY it was eliminated?

All of this to answer your dumb question...no.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT