ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa's Brenna Bird, Jeff Kaufmann granted speaking roles at Republican National Convention

cigaretteman

HB King
May 29, 2001
Deplorable:

POLITICS

Iowa's Brenna Bird, Jeff Kaufmann granted speaking roles at Republican National Convention​

Brianne Pfannenstiel
Des Moines Register

SKIP

Republican Party of Iowa Chair Jeff Kaufmann will deliver the speech formally nominating Donald Trump for president at the Republican National Convention next week in Milwaukee.

Iowa Attorney General Brenna Bird, who attended Trump's felony trial in New York, also is scheduled to speak at the high-profile gathering of Republicans from around the country.

Kaufmann has been a longtime ally of the president, even as he has remained neutral throughout the Iowa Caucus process. His son, state Rep. Bobby Kaufmann, was a senior adviser to Trump's 2024 Iowa caucus campaign.

“I am beyond humbled and honored to be asked to deliver the speech that nominates Donald J. Trump to be our Republican nominee for president," Kaufmann said in a statement provided to the Register. "As far as we know, this is the first time any Iowan has ever had this privilege. While Democrats in Iowa and across the country flounder as Biden’s approval ratings continue to plummet, Republicans have shown a unified front from the 2024 caucus to now that we will carry into the convention next week in Milwaukee. Iowa is proud to have our First In The Nation Caucus status, and I will continue to fight for that position."

Kaufmann's speech is scheduled for Monday afternoon.

"The country needs President Trump now more than ever to rein in spending, cut taxes, support our law enforcement, and close the southern border, just as he did in his first term," he said in the statement. "I am truly grateful for this opportunity and am excited to represent Iowa on that stage!”

Bird, who defeated a longtime Democratic incumbent to take office in 2022, was the only statewide officeholder to endorse Trump ahead of the 2024 caucuses.

She also appeared with the former president's entourage at a New York City courthouse while he was standing trial in a criminal hush money case. Bird called the charges a "scam." Trump was later found guilty of 34 felonies for falsifying business records.

Bird is scheduled to speak Tuesday.

"I want to thank President Trump for the opportunity to speak at next week's convention in Milwaukee," Bird said in a statement provided to the Register. "The theme for Tuesday night is ‘Make America Safe Again’ — and that's exactly what President Trump will do. The last three and a half years have made it clear: We desperately need his leadership back in the White House. Iowa Republicans are ready to make our voices heard this November and do our part to help President Trump Make America Great Again!”

Deplorable:

POLITICS

Iowa's Brenna Bird, Jeff Kaufmann granted speaking roles at Republican National Convention​

Brianne Pfannenstiel
Des Moines Register

SKIP

Republican Party of Iowa Chair Jeff Kaufmann will deliver the speech formally nominating Donald Trump for president at the Republican National Convention next week in Milwaukee.

Iowa Attorney General Brenna Bird, who attended Trump's felony trial in New York, also is scheduled to speak at the high-profile gathering of Republicans from around the country.

Kaufmann has been a longtime ally of the president, even as he has remained neutral throughout the Iowa Caucus process. His son, state Rep. Bobby Kaufmann, was a senior adviser to Trump's 2024 Iowa caucus campaign.

“I am beyond humbled and honored to be asked to deliver the speech that nominates Donald J. Trump to be our Republican nominee for president," Kaufmann said in a statement provided to the Register. "As far as we know, this is the first time any Iowan has ever had this privilege. While Democrats in Iowa and across the country flounder as Biden’s approval ratings continue to plummet, Republicans have shown a unified front from the 2024 caucus to now that we will carry into the convention next week in Milwaukee. Iowa is proud to have our First In The Nation Caucus status, and I will continue to fight for that position."

Kaufmann's speech is scheduled for Monday afternoon.

"The country needs President Trump now more than ever to rein in spending, cut taxes, support our law enforcement, and close the southern border, just as he did in his first term," he said in the statement. "I am truly grateful for this opportunity and am excited to represent Iowa on that stage!”

Bird, who defeated a longtime Democratic incumbent to take office in 2022, was the only statewide officeholder to endorse Trump ahead of the 2024 caucuses.

She also appeared with the former president's entourage at a New York City courthouse while he was standing trial in a criminal hush money case. Bird called the charges a "scam." Trump was later found guilty of 34 felonies for falsifying business records.

Bird is scheduled to speak Tuesday.

"I want to thank President Trump for the opportunity to speak at next week's convention in Milwaukee," Bird said in a statement provided to the Register. "The theme for Tuesday night is ‘Make America Safe Again’ — and that's exactly what President Trump will do. The last three and a half years have made it clear: We desperately need his leadership back in the White House. Iowa Republicans are ready to make our voices heard this November and do our part to help President Trump Make America Great Again!”

MAGA is Ioway.
Ioway is MAGA.

• Sad
Reactions: cigaretteman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT