ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa's Chances with Caleb Benning

TJFant

HR All-State
Oct 1, 2019
Who knows, could be another Keagan Johnson situation. I listen to father Damon's morning radio show a lot during football season and he is normally far from complimentary of Frosty, has spoken of his arrogance on multiple occasions and not afraid to call Frosty out many times when he throws people under the bus. Obviously it will be the young man's decision but I really don't think Caleb will be getting much pressure at home to follow his father to Lincoln. He looks like a good one!

I too, occasionally listen to Benning on 1620. Agree, doesn’t seem like the two former Huskers are friendly. Benning has been critical of Frost and there have been hints that there are many former players have issues with Frost. And this was brought up well before he coached a single game. Benning appears to be quite popular in the Omaha metro and ties with many of the metro football HS teams. Stealing Benning out of Omaha, especially after snagging Johnson, would be awesome!

Yeah I'm a listener as well. Like their show a lot especially during FB season. Like others have said, he as called out Frost several times but based on results at NE, they have been warranted. He also has mentioned how much he doesn't like Iowa several times as well though. Hopefully that changes some on some of these recruiting trips.

He coaches at Westside and definitely has the pulse of the Omaha/Lincoln FB area. Not saying the have all the talent in the world, but on a given year there are probably 8-10 really good prospects in that area and would be nice to have an extra push towards Iowa.

All depends who the next coach is once Frost gets the axe after another disastrous 22 season and if that new coach will recruit this young man would be my guess based off of the history of this family and UNL.

Yeah I'm a listener as well. Like their show a lot especially during FB season. Like others have said, he as called out Frost several times but based on results at NE, they have been warranted. He also has mentioned how much he doesn't like Iowa several times as well though. Hopefully that changes some on some of these recruiting trips.

He coaches at Westside and definitely has the pulse of the Omaha/Lincoln FB area. Not saying the have all the talent in the world, but on a given year there are probably 8-10 really good prospects in that area and would be nice to have an extra push towards Iowa.

Why doesn't he like Iowa?

I don't know that he hates Iowa as I have heard him praise Ferentz and what he has accomplished in Iowa City on several occasions. I think it's more of walking the fine line of the Husker/Hawkeye rivalry to justify his existence on Omaha sports talk radio. While he is an ex-Husker he is smart enough to know that if Caleb aspires to play on Sundays someday, his chances improve markedly being a Parker protege.

@HawkChicksBlowHuskerMen I feel sorry for you that your life is so devoid of meaning that you spend your time trolling another fans board laughing at every comment on every thread….honestly, seek help

I mean, that has to be screen name #20+? It is sad. These laughing emojis don't get me worked up. I just honestly hope this person has friends or family to actually get them some psychiatric help.

I mean, that has to be screen name #20+? It is sad. These laughing emojis don't get me worked up. I just honestly hope this person has friends or family to actually get them some psychiatric help.
Yeah, I mean it’s one thing to actually comment something, even if it’s outlandish biased trolling, but literally taking the time to just “laugh” at every comment is somewhere between incredibly sad and pathetic…like standing by the interstate and yelling at cars to slow down.

I don't know Caleb at all from a player perspective. What position(s) does he project to play at the college level? Where is the Iowa staff thinking/hoping he plays at?

ADVERTISEMENT