ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa's Pro Day is Mon. March 22. 13 Hawkeyes Participating. There is No Combine ahead of this year's NFL Draft

ExIMnW3WEAEp8OJ

ExIMnW4XMAU6Szq

I must have finally had the stroke, I cannot find the post with Brandon's 40 time. I think it was edited because everyone else has their 40s up.

The NFL does want good down field blockers but they want them running around 4.55.

Last edited:
Reactions: hawkosx
I must have finally had the stroke, I cannot find the post with Brandon's 40 time. I think it was edited because everyone else has their 40s up.

The NFL does want good down field blockers but they want them running around 4.55.
Read somewhere else he ran a 4.62 or in that range. He also measured in heightwise as a shade under 6'2", which might be used as another knock on him.

Read somewhere else he ran a 4.62 or in that range. He also measured in heightwise as a shade under 6'2", which might be used as another knock on him.

I think Brandon was a guy that made some big plays but was not some game breaking wide receiver. The receivers before Brandon, Isaiah and Nick Easely arrived Brandon just seemed better. The Meerkat was always hurt and the other receivers were like that KMM guy (cannot remember his real name) and a couple of other guys Plus, to quote my father Old Fred, "built like a brick shithouse". But he was not very fast, did not have many big catches and was an above average college receiver.

ISM is no great route runner so he needs a lot of work on that skill but he's football significantly faster and can do a lot more with the ball once he gets it.

I've said if for two years, I do not think that Brandon could even play in the CFL. Could be wrong, hope I am wrong but I'm probably not.

I think Brandon was a guy that made some big plays but was not some game breaking wide receiver. The receivers before Brandon, Isaiah and Nick Easely arrived Brandon just seemed better. The Meerkat was always hurt and the other receivers were like that KMM guy (cannot remember his real name) and a couple of other guys Plus, to quote my father Old Fred, "built like a brick shithouse". But he was not very fast, did not have many big catches and was an above average college receiver.

ISM is no great route runner so he needs a lot of work on that skill but he's football significantly faster and can do a lot more with the ball once he gets it.

I've said if for two years, I do not think that Brandon could even play in the CFL. Could be wrong, hope I am wrong but I'm probably not.
Eh Brandon was on pace for a big season in 2019 had he not gotten hurt. Like 700+ yds and at least a few more TDs.

That + Petras' growing pains did him no favors.

Wow Niemann is impressive...that’s top end athleticism. Funny part is I wouldn’t have guessed that from his time on the field...but awesome! Hope he turns into an all pro!

What was the original time you saw? I was about to respond to you saying 4.56 isn't bad at all. Antonio Brown ran a 4.56 at the combine.

Read somewhere else Brandon Smith ran a 4.62 or in that range. He also measured in heightwise as a shade under 6'2", which might be used as another knock on him.

Is this what you are looking for?

Is this what you are looking for?

Yes, thanks. That 4.56 has to be the best time of Brandon's life. Brandon will struggle getting separation with those times. If he had more of a super sharp quick cuts he could look for life at the Y. He's just not that kind of receiver. But, as always, love to see him in the NFL and have best hopes in that regard.

Yes, thanks. That 4.56 has to be the best time of Brandon's life. Brandon will struggle getting separation with those times. If he had more of a super sharp quick cuts he could look for life at the Y. He's just not that kind of receiver. But, as always, love to see him in the NFL and have best hopes in that regard.
He struggled getting separation against college guys. Wish him the best but not surprising.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT