ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa's very own and overrated Zach Johnson--Meltdown

You're welcome. Jesus gonna be mad at Zach.
Paige-Spiranac2.jpg

Reactions: QChawks
I’d maybe think about watching one of the most boring sports to watch if this sort of back and forth was allowed.
I have never understood why such hush hush has to be taken by spectators in golf and tennis.

Reactions: GOHOX69
2 things. 1. He addressed it pretty directly in the press conference immediately after and there's no reason to believe he wasn't telling the truth, that whatever he said was in frustration directed toward himself after knowing that triple meant he would miss the cut.

2. If people were actively cheering that he got a triple bogey, then they deserve to be put in their place, by him or anyone else.

The fact that it's even news they he "may have sworn at spectators" speaks to Zach's character and reputation.

Yeah, people don't seem to like Zach too much. I haven't followed up on it but is he just generally an a-hole along the lines of Phil Mickleson?

2 things. 1. He addressed it pretty directly in the press conference immediately after and there's no reason to believe he wasn't telling the truth, that whatever he said was in frustration directed toward himself after knowing that triple meant he would miss the cut.

2. If people were actively cheering that he got a triple bogey, then they deserve to be put in their place, by him or anyone else.

The fact that it's even news they he "may have sworn at spectators" speaks to Zach's character and reputation.

He turns toward the crowd before he says it. He covered it up well but that was directed at the sarcastic applause from the spectators.

I have been able to meet Zach a few times at The Players and Sea Island tournaments. The first time I followed up at the Players after he finished his round he went in and signed his score card, he came back out with a signed glove and ball, and said thanks for following him and GO HAWKS. I asked him what it's like playing 17 and he said it's 135 yards of hit and hope.

He's a super nice guy who MAYBE had one bad moment.

He has a reputation that he's a bit of a tool.

Reactions: GOHOX69

One of thousands of things you're wrong about
Projection. There are multiple stories of him being rude. I've heard this all the way back to the Ryder Cup in Chicago. Not signing autographs after a practice round for kids. I'm not the only one.

I'd like to know how he's over-rated. I mean, yes he's past his prime and he didn't exactly win a slew of tournaments. But he never truly was considered a "great" upper echelon PGA golfer...just a pretty consistent golfer that was capable for about a 10 or so year period of contending for wins/majors.

He has two majors (Masters and British Open) and 12 wins total. My bet is 98% of the pro golfers out there today would take that career.

I'd like to know how he's over-rated. I mean, yes he's past his prime and he didn't exactly win a slew of tournaments. But he never truly was considered a "great" upper echelon PGA golfer...just a pretty consistent golfer that was capable for about a 10 or so year period of contending for wins/majors.

He has two majors (Masters and British Open) and 12 wins total. My bet is 98% of the pro golfers out there today would take that career.
Especially when his 2 majors are on the sport's holy ground.

I believe him because I don't think he could hear them. The patrons are over 150 yards away from him there and there was only a smattering of them clapping. 12 green and 13 tee are the two places on the golf course that are the furthest way from any crowds.

Reactions: KFsdisciple

Yeah, he's had a solid career. Here are 26 golfers who only won 1 major tourney-

I'm a big ZJ fan. He's had a great career. He's a fantastic Hawkeye fan and supporter. I've had positive interactions with him. He's full of chit on this particular issue though, his "F off" was definitely a chirp back at the fans, but other than his post-round lie, whatever.
This, coupled with the dust-up at the Waste Management, and he really needs to learn how to ignore the fans.

I believe him because I don't think he could hear them. The patrons are over 150 yards away from him there and there was only a smattering of them clapping. 12 green and 13 tee are the two places on the golf course that are the furthest way from any crowds.

Well he said, "F off" to somebody then. I have never heard anyone say "F off" and direct it to themselves.

This, coupled with the dust-up at the Waste Management, and he really needs to learn how to ignore the fans.
If you watched First swing on Netflix then there is no way you could like ZJ after he handled the Ryder cup team. The stuff from the fans will be coming for a long while but he deserves it imo.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT