ADVERTISEMENT

Ironman tourney questions

so cal hawkfan

HR All-American
Jun 5, 2012
Whittier CA
Anyone have any idea what’s up with the odd weight classes for the Walsh Ironman tournament? The lower weights seem standard 106, 113, 120, 126 etc, but then there is a 144, 150, 157, 165, 175, 190 etc Also saw that Kolby Franklin isn’t listed as a competitor (pre-seeds released today). Wyoming Seminary is scheduled and they have pre-seeded wrestlers at 190 and 215. Did the strange weight classes keep Kolby away ( too big for 190, too small for 215)? Is he dealing with an injury? Also HR favorite and hopefully future Hawkeye Gabe Arnold is pre- seeded 2nd at 175.

Anyone have any idea what’s up with the odd weight classes for the Walsh Ironman tournament? The lower weights seem standard 106, 113, 120, 126 etc, but then there is a 144, 150, 157, 165, 175, 190 etc Also saw that Kolby Franklin isn’t listed as a competitor (pre-seeds released today). Wyoming Seminary is scheduled and they have pre-seeded wrestlers at 190 and 215. Did the strange weight classes keep Kolby away ( too big for 190, too small for 215)? Is he dealing with an injury? Also HR favorite and hopefully future Hawkeye Gabe Arnold is pre- seeded 2nd at 175.
ohio changed their weight classes.

last i heard, franklin was wrestling heavyweight and seeded 3rd. and yes it was the weight classes that forced the move. sem has top 10 guys from 170-220, so one of them had to be the odd man out and he reportedly lost the wrestle offs.

looking forward to watching Franklin this weekend and HR’s own Coach( just don’t tell his wife) son! Looks like FrAnklin is up at 285. Hey coach is that to help the team win the title this weekend or will he be there all year?

Reactions: IAChief32
Word is he lost wrestle off at 190 and 215. Think both of the kids he lost to are ranked in top ten at those weights. There team is loaded.

Reactions: cheddarwurst69
ohio changed their weight classes.

last i heard, franklin was wrestling heavyweight and seeded 3rd. and yes it was the weight classes that forced the move. sem has top 10 guys from 170-220, so one of them had to be the odd man out and he reportedly lost the wrestle offs.

Word is he lost wrestle off at 190 and 215. Think both of the kids he lost to are ranked in top ten at those weights. There team is loaded.
Wow, he is indeed pre seeded 3 at Hwt. If he lost the 190lb wrestle off that is nuts. Jude Correa is their 182lber and a freshman.

Sem lost a couple guys today at Ironman due to COVID related issues/ COVID contact. Some kids won’t be wrestling this weekend

Doesn’t surprise me if he lost the 215 wrestle off. His teammate at 220 is very good and giving up that much weight is hard. Did he wrestle off at 190? I have a feeling that is a tough cut for him even being a 195. Pretty sure he was wrestling some college opens in the last month at 197. Ohio weight classes don’t favor Franklin.

Reactions: Grip220
Doesn’t surprise me if he lost the 215 wrestle off. His teammate at 220 is very good and giving up that much weight is hard. Did he wrestle off at 190? I have a feeling that is a tough cut for him even being a 195. Pretty sure he was wrestling some college opens in the last month at 197. Ohio weight classes don’t favor Franklin.
corby posted on bwi that he was too big for 190 so i’m guessing he didn’t lose to correa after all (who gave shumate a good match in the quarters btw). darrah is very good at 220 and headed to stanford to wrestle for koll.

corby posted on bwi that he was too big for 190 so i’m guessing he didn’t lose to correa after all (who gave shumate a good match in the quarters btw). darrah is very good at 220 and headed to stanford to wrestle for koll.
I read 190 was too hard a cut as well.

Reactions: Grip220
He lost a wrestle off at 190 to Correa and at 215 to darrah

ADVERTISEMENT