ADVERTISEMENT

Is a commit from PG Brock Harding.....

I think height is overrated, especially at PG, if he has the quickness, skills and toughness to get where he wants to go. I like video showing his dedication, and tapes show great quickness. If Iowa's other guards were also small, I would be less positive, but Harding seems like a really good offer.

He is much more elusive/quicker on the court than JBo, but JBo easily wins a shooting contest.

Which would you prefer in today's college hoops landscape?

I think height is overrated, especially at PG, if he has the quickness, skills and toughness to get where he wants to go. I like video showing his dedication, and tapes show great quickness. If Iowa's other guards were also small, I would be less positive, but Harding seems like a really good offer.

Depends on the defense. If you are a team that wants to switch, height matters a lot because you can't be switching 6 foot and under guys onto bigger guards. If you don't switch correct, it doesn't really matter too much.

Depends on the defense. If you are a team that wants to switch, height matters a lot because you can't be switching 6 foot and under guys onto bigger guards. If you don't switch correct, it doesn't really matter too much.
Some truth to that, but I would take a quicker, skilled, tough 6' player over a 6-4 guy who isn't quick, even on the defensive end. Generally, the best on-ball defenders are not tall guys, and you can't really teach determination. If Iowa's other guards were also small, I would be more concerned about his size.

Watching his practice video, I was concerned that his shot has a pretty low release point, but watching game film, his release is lightning quick and he doesn't need time to gather before the shot.

Reactions: Torg and AlvySinger
Some truth to that, but I would take a quicker, skilled, tough 6' player over a 6-4 guy who isn't quick, even on the defensive end. Generally, the best on-ball defenders are not tall guys, and you can't really teach determination. If Iowa's other guards were also small, I would be more concerned about his size.

Watching his practice video, I was concerned that his shot has a pretty low release point, but watching game film, his release is lightning quick and he doesn't need time to gather before the shot.

Agree with everything there. ISU got away with Tyrese Hunter last year who was an elite defender but short. That did change the gameplan though because ISU would like to be switching all of the screens but couldn't.

Honestly Curry doesn't have a particularly high release point he just gets it off quick.

Reactions: Torg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT