ADVERTISEMENT

Is AJ Epenesa a healthy scratch today?

jhawkinaz

HR MVP
Dec 16, 2012
or is he dealing with an injury?

Seeing what he would do today was one of the things I was really looking forward to.

Not sure about injury but he’s third on the depth chart. Wouldn’t start even if he’s healthy. Apparently hasn’t impressed much in camp. He’s even behind the 7th rounder from the same draft on the depth chart

Not sure about injury but he’s third on the depth chart. Wouldn’t start even if he’s healthy. Apparently hasn’t impressed much in camp. He’s even behind the 7th rounder from the same draft on the depth chart
Figures. He should have stayed in college for more needed work and development.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
I remember when saying that AJ has some issues was blasphemy around the Hawkeye world not too long ago....

(to be clear he was one of my favorites but there were some plays on tape that probably cost him in the draft)

Ike Boettger also inactive for the Bills today, despite being #2 on the depth chart at LG and the new rule allowing extra guys at OL for a total of 48 active. Only Micah Hyde will play among the Hawk alumni, starting at safety.

Yeah didn’t expect he would start, was just really surprised he is not active.

I think they are having a hard time finding his position. I believe he has been moved inside and out a couple times. No doubt in my mind he will make his presence known in the NFL, might take a bit.

He’s just really slow for NFL DE unless he gets bigger and plays 3-4 DE. Even though DE’s aren’t running 40 yards, speed there demonstrates explosiveness, acceleration and top end speed.

On top of not having the quickness you’d like to see at this level, he never struck me as having great technique. Mainly a bull rush end which worked well for him here since he was physically dominant at the college level. In the NFL, you’re not going to be successful doing that every down. Love the guy, but he has some work to do to become a rotational player IMO.

He is sitting behind a seventh round pick. Even if that pick has 1 more year on him, this does not look good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT