ADVERTISEMENT

Is Biden’s start to office the worst ever?

Brian_Fantana

HR All-American
Feb 9, 2006
Obviously Trump as President is the worst person this country has ever had as a “leader”; but, for the country in general, has there ever been a worse start to a presidency? I honestly cannot think if one. Full disclosure- I voted for Biden.

If not - who was worse and why?

Who was the guy who got sick at his inauguration and died?

Edit: William Henry Harrison died 31 days after his inauguration.

Edit again: what a fantastic wiki read. That is like Trump combined with Mr. Smith Goes to Washington. Did a >2 hour address outdoors in January on a shitty day just to prove he was still tough, got pneumonia in the 19th century and died shortly thereafter. Bravo.

Last edited:
Debated if this should go in today's "Is Biden the worst ever?" thread or in this month's Shane Gillis thread. Did both. Excellent background noise if you are working from home.

James Garfield was shot and died after weeks of pain and suffering as what passed for doctors in the 1880s tried to gouge out the bullet. Eventually he was just a giant bag of pus and died from rampant infection.
That was a pretty bad start to an administration.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
So I guess the concensus is that it would only have been worse had Biden died. For him, that is.

• Love
Reactions: Hondo_11
Overpromising/underdelivering on COVID.

A complete shitshow pullout in Afghanistan.

The worst inflation we've seen since the 1970s.

Stock markets tanking.

Gas prices testing record highs.

Pretty freaking bad.
Any of that Biden’s fault?
Biden was left a vaccine hesitant population that thought dying for a con man was the ticket to eternal life.
Trump set the pullout and told the Taliban when it would be cool for them to take over.
All the economic stuff is mainly market driven, or stuff out of the control of any president. Oil companies are rolling in profits right now. Biden should tax them more and use that as consumer relief? Biden forced American businesses to have low inventory? And, I don’t think you know how the stock market works.
As far as Harris, women trigger you. Nothing I can help you with, there.

Any of that Biden’s fault?
Biden was left a vaccine hesitant population that thought dying for a con man was the ticket to eternal life.
Trump set the pullout and told the Taliban when it would be cool for them to take over.
All the economic stuff is mainly market driven, or stuff out of the control of any president. Oil companies are rolling in profits right now. Biden should tax them more and use that as consumer relief? Biden forced American businesses to have low inventory? And, I don’t think you know how the stock market works.
As far as Harris, women trigger you. Nothing I can help you with, there.
Wow. Would a could a should a

Kamala is so bad Biden regrets choosing her and her own staff can’t stand her and people keep leaving. So far her most passionate work has been focused on making staffers stand when she enters a room.

• Haha
Reactions: doughuddl2
This is what the country looks like when 1960's radicals mixed with modern progressives gain complete control of all the levers of power.
^ Has this moron not understood the Democrats essentially have next to no power to pass anything right now, or has he seen who is in power at the state level and Supreme Court? Who wants to talk about the level of ineptitude in our state?

Reagan had a bad first year (including getting shot), at this point in his first term his approval ratings would have been comparable to Biden's, and he had a legitimately bad economy, bad inflation and a very bad jobs economy.

Later in his first term he had a much bigger foreign adventure "shit show" than Biden/Afghanistan in Lebanon.

And somehow by 1984 he ended up winning by a huge landslide, and history remembers him as a "popular" President.

I also think Obama's first year was pretty bad.

Obama and Clinton had rough starts but ended well. Both inherited recessions and troubled economies.

I actually thought Dubya started strong but went downhill from there.

Reactions: pjhawk
By this time in Obama's presidency, "historians" had already declared him one of the greatest presidents of all time. True story.

The thing is, this is the best jobs economy of anyone's lifetime who is under the age of 55. Bad economy in the past meant bad economy across the board (see again Reagan in 81-82).

Part of what's going on is that media messages are unrelentingly negative about this administration. "Liberal media", LOL's.

• Haha
Reactions: ihhawk and torbee
By this time in Obama's presidency, "historians" had already declared him one of the greatest presidents of all time. True story.
More rightwing media bullshit. It's a machine. Was really really kicking into gear at the time of Obama's Presidency. Nothing comparable on the left.

• Haha
More rightwing media bullshit. It's a machine. Was really really kicking into gear at the time of Obama's Presidency. Nothing comparable on the left.
What's bullshit? Are you saying Obama wasn't already heralded as one of the best presidents ever by historians by this time in office? Is that willful ignorance or just having your head in the sand? He got a Nobel Peace Prize by this time for crissakes and even he laughed at it.

Perception is a funny thing. I remember him being declared a failure from day one and throughout his presidency. The noise was particularly loud during his first year as the dow hit a low point under 7000 and unemployment soared. Forget that both of those trends were well under way when he started and that they completely reversed direction while he was in office.

What's bullshit? Are you saying Obama wasn't already heralded as one of the best presidents ever by historians by this time in office? Is that willful ignorance or just having your head in the sand? He got a Nobel Peace Prize by this time for crissakes and even he laughed at it.
By historians? Who?

By this point the astroturf "tea party" was dominant in the media (again, driven by the rightwing media machine)and Obama was looking at getting slaughtered in the 2010 elections and mainstream "liberal" media was echoing the attacks and the mood (as they are now towards Biden).

Remember history as it happened, not how the rightwing media machine tells you to remember it. There probably literally was a thread just like this one on this board at the exact same point in Obama's Presidency.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT