ADVERTISEMENT

Is Biden’s start to office the worst ever?

It makes for a great re-election campaign strategy for Biden. Vote for me, I’m responsible for nothing unless it’s good then it’s all me.

Also, whenever a politician is blaming “big oil” and now “big meat” and threatening to tax them because of extreme profits, I instantly know that person has no understanding of the basic economics.

Biden’s main issue is he comes across as a completely lost and weak leader.
I have always been a fan of "the buck stops here" and Biden is disappointing in some areas. Things aren't going well, take ownership and let's fix it.

You do understand that beyond watching the annual premium increase--and coverage decrease--on the evil corporate HI policy provided by my wife's employer go from 5-8% to 11-14%, there are a myriad of other "funding" tax grabs out there in the name of 0bomcare which are calculated to the penny by one's accountant, right?

Bullshit. Get rid of the wingnut idiots and we'll fix the healthcare system. Obama tried. McConnell made sure he would fail. Billions made in the health insurance industry. How could the plug be pulled on that cash cow"?

Grow up and address the problem.

Bullshit. Get rid of the wingnut idiots and we'll fix the healthcare system. Obama tried. McConnell made sure he would fail. Billions made in the health insurance industry. How could the plug be pulled on that cash cow"?

Grow up and address the problem.
Newsflash, caveman, 0bomacare passed….on a Christmas Eve when no one was around….and it has been an abject FAILURE.

Last edited:
Reactions: biggreydogs
Agree with most of that - although his Covid response should have been more effective. I don't think anyone could have predicted the amount of resistance to the vaccine.

It was the most successful and fastest uptake of a vaccine in history. The rate of vaccine acceptance was widely known through polling long before it was actually available, and acceptance steadily grew throughout vaccination period.

Zero actual health policy professionals expected a higher vaccine acceptance in the first year than what we had. If Biden's COVID policy was based on 90-100% vaccination, that's a ridiculous and amazing self-inflicted error that comes from taking COVID direction from Twitter rather any sensible professional.

That said, I don't really agree that the administration did base COVID policy on that and then got screwed by people not getting vaccinated enough. But I think they got a bad break with the idea of herd immunity not coming to pass as advertised. And that wasn't because people didn't vaccinate enough, that was because the vaccine did not prevent Delta and Omicron infections in the manner that many professionals predicted, while still being amazingly successful at preventing serious illness and death. That's not Biden's fault.

The Biden administration however did a very, very bad job on adjusting around that, with all kinds of reversals, conflicting CDC messaging, focusing on the wrong things, etc. They were weeks and sometimes months behind the obvious. They were still talking about beating COVID well after it was clear that it would become endemic. The success of the vaccines at preventing illness, the improved treatments, and the mildness of Omicron should have led to a much clearer shift away from obsessing over case counts.

But I don't think Biden did a "bad job" (or good job) with COVID if you're talking about actual disease metrics, spread, vaccination, etc. The disease did what it was going to do. He did a poor job with it politically, which has been a hallmark of this administration, they are very very bad at politics.

You do understand that beyond watching the annual premium increase--and coverage decrease--on the evil corporate HI policy provided by my wife's employer go from 5-8% to 11-14%, there are a myriad of other "funding" tax grabs out there in the name of 0bomcare which are calculated to the penny by one's accountant, right?

That was already happening long before

Any of that Biden’s fault?
Biden was left a vaccine hesitant population that thought dying for a con man was the ticket to eternal life.
Trump set the pullout and told the Taliban when it would be cool for them to take over.
All the economic stuff is mainly market driven, or stuff out of the control of any president. Oil companies are rolling in profits right now. Biden should tax them more and use that as consumer relief? Biden forced American businesses to have low inventory? And, I don’t think you know how the stock market works.
As far as Harris, women trigger you. Nothing I can help you with, there.
I know this is old, but let's take this one point at a time: in your mental gymnasium, how do you come to the conclusion it's trumps fault the biden overpromised his impact on the rona?

So you you were putting down the whole ACA using your personal, ancedotal evidence? Sounds legit.
JFC, man, do you know how to use Google? That story is not rare...but apparently being able to spell big words like [anecdotal] is......

JFC, man, do you know how to use Google? That story is not rare...but apparently being able to spell big words like [anecdotal] is......

It's cherry picking...why don't you use Google and actually educate yourself on average premium increases over time

employer-health-insurance_i.png

Sure they didnt drop, but they wouldn't have regardless....but at least more people are covered now. Who's knows, had half the countries governor's not rejected federal subsidies and adding chaos to what would an already chaotic complex adaptive system then who knows?

Newsflash, caveman, 0bomacare passed….on a Christmas Eve when no one was around….and it has been an abject FAILURE.
Obama care was a compromise. There was a quorum and the bill passed. Of course even low even information conservatives know how congress works, right? Right. Tens of millions of Americans have received health care coverage they otherwise wouldn't.

If you are paying the rates you claim it's because your income specifies it. So STFU.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
It's cherry picking...why don't you use Google and actually educate yourself on average premium increases over time

employer-health-insurance_i.png

Sure they didnt drop, but they wouldn't have regardless....but at least more people are covered now. Who's knows, had half the countries governor's not rejected federal subsidies and adding chaos to what would an already chaotic complex adaptive system then who knows?

This is not a smart person.

ADVERTISEMENT