ADVERTISEMENT

Is Fran building a new regional powerhouse?

Only if you remove ISU and Northern Iowa from the equation. I think you have to beat the teams in your state on a regular basis and be the power house from your own state before you can rise to the regional level. Both ISU and UNI have had more success than Fran and his Hawkeyes.

I think it is clear as a road map that Iowa is progressing. The question has always been what ceiling can we reach.

Hard not to look at the players we are bringing in and not see an upper division team and better.

I still see us winning 13 regular season Big Ten games this year.

I mean, this thread is just full of nuggets.

giphy.gif

So 2 or 3 times in the last year or so, ive checked out Cryclown Fanatic. Reading this thread about becoming a regional powerhouse, makes wonder how many Final-Four showings we would need to get any sort respect from a number of those morons. Every fan is somewhat of a homer or maybe talks some shit. But my god according to those guys Fran's a horrible coach, Garza sucks, Conner Mac sucks, there program is light-years ahead of ours and Fran doesn't value athleticism when recruiting.

I'd give them credit for a having a few of those pegged correctly.

I’m starting to think that several of the posters on the first page of this thread are actually urban legends. Like I’ll bet there have been more sightings of Bigfoot in the past 6 days than there will be of Dan on this board in the next 6 months...

Haha , ive been tempted to dig up some of Dans gems but I wont.

There was one where he litteraly threatened me for saying the defense looked like crap in the exhibitions, hahaha.

I might actually pull that one up just for the comedy.

Haha , ive been tempted to dig up some of Dans gems but I wont.

There was one where he litteraly threatened me for saying the defense looked like crap in the exhibitions, hahaha.

I might actually pull that one up just for the comedy.
Please do

Pretty funny thread. My how things have changed over the last 6 months. Maybe they can reverse course over the next 6 months.

Reactions: unoHawkeye
Not quite a powerhouse but a 3rd place finish in the B1G and a #2 seed are pretty damn good. Oh...and the consensus player of the year.

Reactions: perryhawk
ADVERTISEMENT