ADVERTISEMENT

Is Harris the only candidate in this election?

Not sure what it looks like in Iowa, but in the Philly area we see two kinds of commercials: upbeat ads telling how great she is, and gloomy ads telling us how terrible she is.

There is another candidate, isn’t there?
If you wanted a script on how to lose an election, Donald Trump is following it very very well. This election is over and Harris has a legit shot to win 350 EC Votes.

Not sure what it looks like in Iowa, but in the Philly area we see two kinds of commercials: upbeat ads telling how great she is, and gloomy ads telling us how terrible she is.

There is another candidate, isn’t there?

A couple of reasons (IMO). Trump can only run negative ads about Harris. He can't run positive ads about himself. Who would believe that who doesn't already worship him? Also, I assume Harris will start to run negative ads about Trump. There is just so much to review and choose from. Plus Trump gives them a new commercial every day he speaks.

Surprisingly, I haven't seen a lot of political ads. Been watching a lot of Olympics and some preseason NFL. I also luck out with Premium YouTube

He's going to need those funds for legal fees when his trials resume after he loses.
It's funny. Months ago he complained that his trial was preventing him from campaigning. Then the trial ends. Still no campaigning. Becomes the official nominee. No campaigning. New opponent, no campaigning. Pretty clear he simply wants to be doing something else.

It's funny. Months ago he complained that his trial was preventing him from campaigning. Then the trial ends. Still no campaigning. Becomes the official nominee. No campaigning. New opponent, no campaigning. Pretty clear he simply wants to be doing something else.
I view Trump more as an entertainer rather than as a politician.

His schtick has gotten old.

Needs new material and he can't come up with it.

I think they were loaded up and ready for Biden. The switch made their main campaign strategy essentially useless.
And let's be honest. The only person Trump trusts to lead marketing is himself. Now he has to reinvent the entire campaign himself, which is way too much work for him, then get that message out, do tons of rallies, and get everyone on his message. Just way too much work for an 80 year old.

If you wanted a script on how to lose an election, Donald Trump is following it very very well. This election is over and Harris has a legit shot to win 350 EC Votes.

Nobody here is voting for him (ya right) that's for sure. The folks here seem only willing to defend him at every single turn butSl sounds like performing the civic duty of voting is a bridge too far. Lol.

Reactions: artradley
His schtick has gotten old.
Trump fatigue is real. He always had a hard ceiling, now the bottom is falling out.

….and he can’t be rehabilitated by surrogates. Even his surrogates are tiresome and pathetic …kooks and criminals like Roger Stone and Steve Bannon.

OTOH, Harris will roll out Barack & Michelle Obama and dozens of respected high ranking officials (including former Trump admin officials) and celebrities as the election nears. Not to mention President Biden’s promise to campaign for her.

The wheels are definitely coming off the Trump campaign.

Expect more Radical Right media appearances as I'm sure those are either free or relatively inexpensive.

The gap in fundraising between Harris and Trump is pretty significant and growing.
We're seeing why his daughter in law was put in charge of the RNC...steal that funding.

Seeing more of the former than the latter here in NC. Harris/Walz has about a dozen field offices in NC and they've trained nearly 1,000 canvassers. As far as I know, the Trump campaign opened one HQ office in Rocky Mount and that's it.

Reactions: Torg
They're off imo. He's doing damage to his campaign every time he opens his mouth, while Harris doesn't need to say much of anything. The Dems couldn't have picked a better VP candidate, while Vance keeps making statements that aren't going to win any votes.
I mean, we know the election comes down to just a few States and polling numbers can be subjective as to how relevant those polled actually are, but any sane Republican can see how the script has been flipped.
In a two week period, Trump went from a prohibitive favorite to the scrambling and panic we're seeing now.
It really is kind of shocking.
It appears Democrats that were considering sitting this one out are massively energized.

Rick Scott is up for reelection here in Florida this cycle. He has an ad running where he doesn't speak about himself or his potential opponent. It focuses solely on Harris.
I saw a similar thing here in Indiana during the primary races earlier this year. All 4 of the GOP gubernatorial candidates were running against Biden.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT