ADVERTISEMENT

Is his Hayden Fry's..oops KF last year...

When does LAmes finally give So Proud the boot?

Whos's gone first? KF or So Proud?

Unless Kirk wins 8 games or more ... yes, this will be his last year ... And he 'ain't winning 8 games this year ... And next year the schedule starts to get a lot tougher ... No more cupcakes for Captain Kirk ...

The KF/Hayden comparison was funny (not really) after the 2012 debacle.

When KF grows a mustache we can start making comparisons again.

Originally posted by makeachange:
...sorry they both look the same.
Here is an idea that may or may not have been mentioned. If this would be his last year maybe we should take a look at Stoops at Kentucky....

Originally posted by iahawkeyes17:

Originally posted by makeachange:
...sorry they both look the same.
Here is an idea that may or may not have been mentioned. If this would be his last year maybe we should take a look at Stoops at Kentucky....
3dgrin.r191677.gif

It won't be his last year unless he wants it to be and Iowa will win at least 8 games. Sorry to deflate your bubble you two negative nellies that constantly post gibberish.
laugh.r191677.gif

This thread does not scratch where it itches. Nor is it a high porch picnic, or a rolling ball of butcher knives.

As far as threads go, "that's football".

The only way this isnt his last year is if barta makes him go through the sh*t storm that will be 2016 to completely destroy any pro kf protest and also to not make a first year coach deal with 2016. in other words.... he is a dead man walking.

As much as I wish KF would leave, he won't be gone unless we have a 2012-esque season, even then it's iffy. I think if Ferentz goes, Barta goes with him.

Originally posted by IACentralHawk73:
As much as I wish KF would leave, he won't be gone unless we have a 2012-esque season, even then it's iffy. I think if Ferentz goes, Barta goes with him.
4 and 8 didn't get him fired, so it has to get worse.

The only way Ferentz gets fired is a 2 win or worse season, or multiple 2012's in a row.

Originally posted by DesMoinesHawki:

Unless Kirk wins 8 games or more ... yes, this will be his last year ... And he 'ain't winning 8 games this year ... And next year the schedule starts to get a lot tougher ... No more cupcakes for Captain Kirk ...
So... Many... Ellipses...

Originally posted by bagdropper:

The only way Ferentz gets fired is a 2 win or worse season, or multiple 2012's in a row.
He also had three more years of buyout after that 4-8 season than he would after next season. Not to mention program excitement was higher than it currently is. Not exactly an apples to apples comparison.

I think Barta goes first. His own doing. He supposedly was looking around this past season and either did not get an interview or interviewed and missed out. Don't know why he would not still be sniffing around elsewhere. He wouldn't want to be the one to tell KF to leave would he? This would also get KF 1-2 more years under a new AD before new AD would drop the axe.

With Ferentz he'll find a way to avoid multiple 2012's in a row.

With Ferentz he'll find a way to avoid multiple 2012's in a row.
Exactly.

I want better too, folks. I just believe it has to completely tank to bring about a forced change in regimes.

Originally posted by Section8:
I think Barta goes first. His own doing. He supposedly was looking around this past season and either did not get an interview or interviewed and missed out. Don't know why he would not still be sniffing around elsewhere. He wouldn't want to be the one to tell KF to leave would he? This would also get KF 1-2 more years under a new AD before new AD would drop the axe.
I tend to think this way as well. He has accomplished pretty much what he can at Iowa- has baseball back in shape and both mens and womens basketball look solid for the foreseeable future. If in his shoes it might seem attractive to let a different AD handle the KF situation which has the potential to become warm if Kirk shows no inclination to retire on his own.

ADVERTISEMENT