ADVERTISEMENT

Is IKEA taking things a little too far?

lucas80

HR King
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2008
I took the boy to get a dresser, and when we went to pick it up in the store there was a guy at the end of the aisle, and there were gates across the aisle. Because this dresser was considered a tip over risk we had to go online and acknowledge we'd properly anchor the dresser into the wall, and only then could we proceed and pick up the dresser. The dresser isn't more than 34 inches tall.

I took the boy to get a dresser, and when we went to pick it up in the store there was a guy at the end of the aisle, and there were gates across the aisle. Because this dresser was considered a tip over risk we had to go online and acknowledge we'd properly anchor the dresser into the wall, and only then could we proceed and pick up the dresser. The dresser isn't more than 34 inches tall.
Someone must have sued them.

Maybe the US Senate, and leaders on the state level, should take gun laws as seriously as IKEA takes the risk posed by a dresser that might tip over.

Maybe the US Senate, and leaders on the state level, should take gun laws as seriously as IKEA takes the risk posed by a dresser that might tip over.

You want them to go online and check a box that says they are concerned about guns?,.. Yeah, that will help.

Reactions: NCHawk5
ikea-dick-in-the-box-3.gif

Toddlers who might try to climb the drawers are generally shorter than 34 inches. IKEA CTA

Reactions: Joes Place
You want them to go online and check a box that says they are concerned about guns?,.. Yeah, that will help.

OP was not interesting. He decided to make his own gun thread.

Check a box that says they will keep their gun locked and they accept all civil and criminal liability if their gun is used to injure or kill someone? Maybe with a brief outline of what that might mean - i.e. if your gun accidently discharges and someone is killed you face a mandatory minimum charge of felony involuntary manslaughter. I'd thumb's up that.

So far in 2022, there have been at least 106 unintentional shootings by children, resulting in 46 deaths and 66 injuries nationally. In 2021 there were at least 392 unintentional shootings by children, resulting in 163 deaths and 248 injuries nationally. There should be over 500 gun owners from the last two years alone facing felony convictions for allowing a child to gain access to a gun.

Reactions: Slappy Pappy
Yeah. Was a pretty big deal. IIRC they recalled a whole line of dressers because of it

Yep.
Stuff made out of lightweight wood. You load up the top drawer with heavy stuff and someone pulls that out and the whole thing tips over. And if a small kid does that, it's where you get serious injuries and lawsuits.

If you build dressers out of real wood that's heavy enough to not cantilever over, then this doesn't happen. But the cheap materials and designs from places like IKEA aren't that.

ADVERTISEMENT