ADVERTISEMENT

Is Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker running for president?

TC Nole OX

HR Legend
Mar 29, 2002
Is Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker running for president?

Is Pritzker running for president? The Illinois governor responds

Not right now, but if Biden is a non-viable candidate he will certainly be one of the names thrown into the pot. He's one of the few Democrats that has a record he can run on for national office. I don't know if he has enough to overcome the fascists taking over the country, but I'm not sure any Democrat (or any non-democrat for that matter) can do that now. I feel like that ship sailed in 2016. Now that the fascists own the Supreme Court, I don't know if there is anything that can stop that now.

Not right now, but if Biden is a non-viable candidate he will certainly be one of the names thrown into the pot. He's one of the few Democrats that has a record he can run on for national office. I don't know if he has enough overcome the fascists taking over the country, but I'm not sure any Democrat (or any non-democrat for that matter) can do that now. I feel like that ship sailed in 2016. Now that the fascists own the Supreme Court, I don't know if there is anything that can stop that now.
You think the Supreme Court is full of fascists? Like you honestly believe that? You think Sam Alito has a big swastika in his office? Clarence Thomas walks around pretending he is Mussolini?

Reactions: Tfxchawk
Progressive media, Majority Report, discusses Pritzker vs Biden. Includes a complete obliteration of Kamala Harris starting at 2:10.

Will This Democrat Primary Biden In 2024?

Last edited:
You think the Supreme Court is full of fascists? Like you honestly believe that? You think Sam Alito has a big swastika in his office? Clarence Thomas walks around pretending he is Mussolini?
First, Fascists aren't necessarily the same as nazis. Second, they may not be fascists themselves, but they support fascists with their decisions. By allowing dark money to finance elections, breaking down the barriers between church and state, supporting policies that exclude and discriminate against specific groups of people, and stripping away of people's rights, they most certainly support the goals that the fascists are trying to achieve.

I'm done trying to be nice about it. It's time to call a spade a spade. The current GOP is run by white christian nationalists who are using fascist policies to gain and maintain support. The sooner people acknowledge that the better the chances we have of preventing them from completely taking over. If being grouped with fascists bothers you, then you really need to re-evaluate your decisions because you are right in line with what they are doing.

First, Fascists aren't necessarily the same as nazis. Second, they may not be fascists themselves, but they support fascists with their decisions. By allowing dark money to finance elections, breaking down the barriers between church and state, supporting policies that exclude and discriminate against specific groups of people, and stripping away of people's rights, they most certainly support the goals that the fascists are trying to achieve.

I'm done trying to be nice about it. It's time to call a spade a spade. The current GOP is run by white christian nationalists who are using fascist policies to gain and maintain support. The sooner people acknowledge that the better the chances we have of preventing them from completely taking over. If being grouped with fascists bothers you, then you really need to re-evaluate your decisions because you are right in line with what they are doing.
Lol. Typical liberal hysteria and will be interesting to see if this strategy, which is clearly being played out by the DNC and national Dem politicians,(kudos to you for getting your talking points in order, Go Team Blue) is a winning one in November or in '24? I hope every lib candidate goes on tv and calls every conservative politician a fascist while gas is 5 dollars a gallon and the economy is in shambles.

Grow up. These type of responses are no different than the MAGAts and their awful remarks and it does nothing to change the political discourse in this country.

Lol. Typical liberal hysteria and will be interesting to see if this strategy, which is clearly being played out by the DNC and national Dem politicians,(kudos to you for getting your talking points in order, Go Team Blue) is a winning one in November or in '24? I hope every lib candidate goes on tv and calls every conservative politician a fascist while gas is 5 dollars a gallon and the economy is in shambles.

Grow up. These type of responses are no different than the MAGAts and their awful remarks and it does nothing to change the political discourse in this country.
Sure, keep laughing it off. That will stop the fascists. Maybe you need to study how the fascists took over in Germany and then look at what DeSantis is doing in Florida. If that doesn't scare the shit out of you, then you are part of the problem.

I doubt he will try to primary Biden that likely would not go well for him as it has not historically.

That said I do wish Biden would not run for re-election and let a primary take place. Regardless of it likely not being his fault inflation has politically weakened him and any gaffe he makes just gets magnified due to his age.

And lets be honest I'd rather not have an 82 year old president.

People shoot up parades every weekend?
I think the point is that there are that many people shot every weekend in these large cities, and nobody seems to care unless it is a radical nut bag white guy doing the shooting. Any other time, the topic gets deflected and not part of the media hysteria. Hopefully, that is what was meant by that statement. It's a fair point.

I think the point is that there are that many people shot every weekend in these large cities, and nobody seems to care unless it is a radical nut bag white guy doing the shooting. Any other time, the topic gets deflected and not part of the media hysteria. Hopefully, that is what was meant by that statement. It's a fair point.
That's exactly what I meant. I'm sure @runkpanole knew that as well.

Reactions: Hammer93
People get shot almost every weekend in a lot of cities big and small. Hell, Tallahassee has its bad spots as well. I have hung in Memphis, Chicago, STL and KC in the past month, but never once felt unsafe. You shouldn’t feel unsafe anywhere, but a phuqing Independence Day parade or a school or a hospital or a grocery store are the last places you should feel unsafe.

i've thought so for a while, his response on mass casualty shootings is that of someone who wants to run for national office
I had two thoughts when I saw it “who is this guy? And can he run for President? “

Last edited:
Reactions: TC Nole OX
I really don’t think Biden is running again. Only way I see it happening is if Trump is looking like he will be nominee. He could beat Trump again and maybe stay in it as a check valve. But he is too old, he knows it and we know it. He would be demolished by a younger opponent.

Would love to know why it’s a false equivalency?
Because in a city of millions of people and many living in poverty, violent crime is unfortunately going to happen. Shooting of 30+ people at one time is a whole different ballgame. Is it not? A shooting in a fourth grade classroom, a shooting at an Independence Day parade, a grocery store are not the same. They are all tragic, but very different.

Would love to know why it’s a false equivalency?
You that stupid to really not understand difference of gang, drug and/or criminal related and typically hand gun related shootings vs. people indiscriminately shooting up random strangers at a parade and 10 year old kids in class with assault rifles for giggles? Don’t have to answer, we already know the answer.

I doubt he will try to primary Biden that likely would not go well for him as it has not historically.

That said I do wish Biden would not run for re-election and let a primary take place. Regardless of it likely not being his fault inflation has politically weakened him and any gaffe he makes just gets magnified due to his age.

And lets be honest I'd rather not have an 82 year old president.
He won't do it without the support of the party. Biden will have to declare he is not running for a second term. Pritzker is a team player and understands that undermining the current President will not be successful against DeSantis. There can not be any division in Democrats against him.

He's a political lightweight, we're talking about a guy that couldn't implement a tax change because of attack ads being run against it with actors calling it "a bunch of crap"

You that stupid to really not understand difference of gang, drug and/or criminal related and typically hand gun related shootings vs. people indiscriminately shooting up random strangers at a parade and 10 year old kids in class with assault rifles for giggles? Don’t have to answer, we already know the answer.
Sadly Coff is educated. He just chooses to live in fear and a hyper activated state of being aggrieved.

I don't know about Pritzker running from POTUS. He is smart and successful, but seems like the type that wouldn't want to deal with DC.

He's a political lightweight, we're talking about a guy that couldn't implement a tax change because of attack ads being run against it with actors calling it "a bunch of crap"
WTF are you talking about? He couldn't implement a tax change because he needed to amend the state constitution. It might be ridiculously easy to do that in other states, but not in Illinois. That is the only campaign pledge he made that he hasn't been able to successfully implement. He has brought the state from financial ruin to a balanced budget and being able to implement important infrastructure investments. He has also been able to do these things without cutting the education budget (albeit, he hasn't increased it either, but it's still better than many other states)

WTF are you talking about? He couldn't implement a tax change because he needed to amend the state constitution. It might be ridiculously easy to do that in other states, but not in Illinois. That is the only campaign pledge he made that he hasn't been able to successfully implement. He has brought the state from financial ruin to a balanced budget and being able to implement important infrastructure investments. He has also been able to do these things without cutting the education budget (albeit, he hasn't increased it either, but it's still better than many other states)
I have know idea* and this truly is an honest question:

How much of what you just said was paid for with tax from pot?

Last edited:
I have know ides and this truly is an honest question:

How much of what you just said was paid for with tax from pot?
The education stuff, it's probably the single reason cuts didn't have to be made. Infrastructure was a separate tax bill he got passed. It included a $0.30 gas tax increase, which is why we are paying over $5 a gallon for gas. On the other hand, it won't be long before we can drive over the I-80 bridge in Joliet without having to worry about it collapsing while we are on it. I think he can survive the current gas tax increase, but there is another one that is supposed to kick in soon and I think he is going to have to put that one off or it could hurt him in November.

As long as the surrounding states continue to put prohibitions on pot, that will be a huge money maker for the state of Illinois. Looking at the politics of those states, I don't see any reason why that's going to change any time soon.

Oh, I knew what you meant and your false equivalency. You dumb phuqs equate a shooting on the south side of Chicago to a shooting at a school all the time and it just makes you look stupid.
I don't know who "you dumb phuqs" are. If you're lumping me in with gun people, just know that I don't own a gun, I don't like guns and I think they should restrict sales of automatic weapons. My point was that this mass shooting, or others that have 3-4 victims, pale in comparison to the number of people shot in a weekend in some cities. I agree that it gets more attention because they are public places where you should feel safe and multiple people are dying. I just don't get why these same politicians getting on their platforms after these type of shootings stay relatively quiet to the gun violence happening in their same areas on a weekly basis.

Reactions: Hammer93
The education stuff, it's probably the single reason cuts didn't have to be made. Infrastructure was a separate tax bill he got passed. It included a $0.30 gas tax increase, which is why we are paying over $5 a gallon for gas. On the other hand, it won't be long before we can drive over the I-80 bridge in Joliet without having to worry about it collapsing while we are on it. I think he can survive the current gas tax increase, but there is another one that is supposed to kick in soon and I think he is going to have to put that one off or it could hurt him in November.

As long as the surrounding states continue to put prohibitions on pot, that will be a huge money maker for the state of Illinois. Looking at the politics of those states, I don't see any reason why that's going to change any time soon.
Thank you. Totally agree they need to run with it while they are in the cat birds seat. I think MN might be thr next in the area.

Reactions: BioHawk
Pritzker will have to complete his stint making license plates first...

It went to referendum in a D state, and he couldn't make his case. He was embarrassed by Griffin's dumb ads, and people only forgot about his failure due to covid. Covid also put the state's budget on better footing through federal relief dollars, while the state's economic recovery is near the bottom of all states

They are forcing their white Christian Nationalist beliefs on the rest of us. The last 3 were approved and paid for by the federalist society…so yeah…they are at minimum an arm of the fascists.

It went to referendum in a D state, and he couldn't make his case. He was embarrassed by Griffin's dumb ads, and people only forgot about his failure due to covid. Covid also put the state's budget on better footing through federal relief dollars, while the state's economic recovery is near the bottom of all states
Only a fool wouldn't use money from the Federal Government to help shore up the budget and pay off debts. Not to mention the state spent a lot of money dealing with the crisis itself. When future budgets happen, he'll make adjustments accordingly. He was balancing the budget before COVID happened.

As for the economic recovery, I'm not even sure how that is being measured.

Last edited:
I don't know who "you dumb phuqs" are. If you're lumping me in with gun people, just know that I don't own a gun, I don't like guns and I think they should restrict sales of automatic weapons. My point was that this mass shooting, or others that have 3-4 victims, pale in comparison to the number of people shot in a weekend in some cities. I agree that it gets more attention because they are public places where you should feel safe and multiple people are dying. I just don't get why these same politicians getting on their platforms after these type of shootings stay relatively quiet to the gun violence happening in their same areas on a weekly basis.
Maybe you should read about it. Learn why Chicago is Chicago and why righties pull it out of their asses every time we discuss mass shootings. Plenty of articles to find online.

Pritzker will have to complete his stint making license plates first...
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT