ADVERTISEMENT

Is it time to do away with soccer?

I love soccer. It's the only sport in the world that rivals college football for pure passion from fans.
This! Soccer haters are just jingoistic ignorant trash. Thankfully, they’re going the way of the dinosaurs as the sport is now the second most popular sport in America with people under 30.

Man, kinda hard to blame them. I think Morocco got screwed over pretty badly.
Morocco did get the shaft initially, but in the long delay to clear the stadium, VAR reviewed and DISALLOWED the second Argentina goal, thus giving Morocco a massive victory. Can you imagine if all the fans were still in the stadium when that call was made? There would have been many deaths from the outraged.

And for the unitiated, this isn't really an major upset. Although Argentina is the #1 ranked team in the world, Morocco is #11, and was very deserving of the final result.

This! Soccer haters are just jingoistic ignorant trash. Thankfully, they’re going the way of the dinosaurs as the sport is now the second most popular sport in America with people under 30.
Or some people just don't like soccer. I love American football and I wouldn't say anyone who doesn't is trash. Odd take

Reactions: waterboy4582
Well, if that's how you feel, why click on a thread about the sport? Oh, I get it, you don't like, so let's get rid of it. That way 95% won't get to watch it either. How does it feel to be an elitist?
Was the OP only targeting people that care about soccer orrr….

The question seemed to be available for answer by folks on both sides….no?

Once man developed opposable thumbs, there is no reason to play a such a primitive sport. Catch and throw are highly evolved skills which also incorporate footwork. The dullest sport on earth, appealing to the uneducated needs to go bye bye. Tennis and baseball for me….
Tennis and baseball? Eek.

Polo and sailing are the only sports my friends and I bother to follow. Maybe check out the Whittier Trust Silver Cup beginning this weekend.

(Here's a tip: Put your money on Antelope - they're the highest ranked of the participating teams!)

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
Morocco did get the shaft initially, but in the long delay to clear the stadium, VAR reviewed and DISALLOWED the second Argentina goal, thus giving Morocco a massive victory. Can you imagine if all the fans were still in the stadium when that call was made? There would have been many deaths from the outraged.

And for the unitiated, this isn't really an major upset. Although Argentina is the #1 ranked team in the world, Morocco is #11, and was very deserving of the final result.
I didn't know that Argentina's goal was disallowed! I turned it off and hadn't seen anything since the end of the match.

Also, I think all the olympic teams are U23, so it's not exactly the same as the World Cup team rosters will look.

Reactions: seminoleed
In my experience, soccer fanatics are even more jingoistic - to the point where they'll travel to other countries, often just to fight other fans over who's team and fans are better.

Side note: One of my best friends made two separate trips to Russia in 2018 to see England play in the World Cup. I have no idea how much he spent for two short-notice trips to russia, including flights, hotels, tickets, food, drinks, etc. Maybe $15k total? Maybe more?

Reactions: seminoleed
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT