ADVERTISEMENT

Is it winning, game experience or something else?

kylehawks

HB All-American
Gold Member
Jan 17, 2007
Iowa City
I was sitting here reading through the threads while watching my Cubs play and it got me thinking about all the season ticket talk. Some fans on here believe we aren't winning and the only way to force change is to not buy tickets, or they talk about a terrible home schedule or tailgating isn't as fun or whatever other reason they can bring up. I understand their point, they aren't happy and want change because 7-6 or 8-4 isn't good enough, blah, blah, blah. Then I realized why doesn't this happen with the Cubs?? No playoff appearances since 2008, only 3 playoff appearances since 2000, no world series appearance since 1945 and no championships since 1908, yet the Cubs in in the last 3 years have drawn higher than the league average and these last 3 years have not seen much winning at all....hmmmmmm? It must be Wrigley...because its not the winning thats kept the fans coming in droves to the ballpark. Oh I got it, its because you can get liquored up at Murphy's or the Cubby Bear so thats why the fans keep showing up. I understand its not an equal comparison, but my point is...if you're a fan...you're a fan and you support the team no matter about the schedule or the rules or the fact that Iowa may not win 10 games a year. Its all excuses or a reason to complain. Until you've had it like the Cubs fans have had it for the last 107 years...maybe we should all appreciate what we have and realize its not so bad and that may be the only thing that should be questioned is some peoples fandom.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News