ADVERTISEMENT

Is Kamala Harris the Most Liberal VP Candidate Ever?

I think so.

Eliminating private health insurance kind of sets her apart.

She's pretty extreme on the 2nd Amendment as well.

I guess we'll see very soon.

I think we should separate partisanship from liberal/conservative ideology. Kamala is clearly more partisan than someone like Amy K. She sponsors few (if any?) bi-partisan bills as a case in point.

But, her policies up to this point are definitely not as progressive as those of Warren or Sanders. She is much more moderate ideologically than those folks.

I guess I would label her as a moderately left of center partisan.

She was definitely not my first choice for VP, but I will still be voting for the Biden/Harris ticket.

Reactions: mthawkeyes
Well, IF Kamala “supports war” and opposes MedicAid forall, she has a lot of support.
She would probably favor raising taxes ( on those who make the money), if she would limit firearms purchases to include assault weapons, she would have the support of most Americans. I seriously doubt Ms. Cheney cares to be accurAte in her assessment of Harris and Norton just doesn’t want to admit whT he wants is not what most Americans can live with.

Lol Kamala Harris is a center-right neoliberal who proudly called herself "California's top cop." She supports war, opposes Medicare for All, and is beholden to Wall Street. Harris doesn't have a progressive bone in her body. She would just continue the bipartisan Bush consensus.
I saw one article suggesting that folks like Facebook and Amazon were quite happy with her friendly treatment of their industries as CA's AG.

She initially supported M4A, but then retreated somewhat. But the retreat was mainly on the timeline, so I didn't take it to mean she was opposed. Just pragmatic, or a coward, or both.

She was also an early supporter of the Green New Deal. Not sure how serious she is in that score, though. Only thing recently was an environmental justice push. Which is fine, of course, but not the same as fighting climate change.

You might think so if you google around.

And yet...

Henry Wallace
Al Gore
John Edwards

Those come to mind as pretty liberal VP candidates. Is Kamala more liberal?
She certainly has among the most liberal voting records but she will spout whatever her handlers tell her to

I'm just glad Biden didn't choose Warren.

Now he has to run more left to get the Bernie/Warren/BLM/Woke crowd to come out and vote.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT