ADVERTISEMENT

Is Long COVID a Precursor or Foreshadowing of Zombiism?

Nov 28, 2010
Maryland
I'm mean obviously people with Long COVID aren't stumbling around eating brains, but there are examples in nature of infections seriously changing the behavior of animals and plants. So, are we just waiting for some pandemic to turn lots of humans into zombies?

If I catch COVID and end up liking rap music, is that a disease? (Or pick your own disfavored genre.)

What if I catch COVID and change political party, or religion?

Would you be more likely to get a vaccine or wear a mask if you knew the outcome of catching some new disease was a powerful desire to change your gender?

The Last of Us implements this disease vector scenario with a more zombie-like outcome. But would we notice less drastic conversions? And how would we respond?

I personally think long COVID is an excuse for a bunch of fat lazy people.

‘I feel so tired and I can’t breathe ever since I caught COVID’.

Uh huh. Ever considered putting down the donut and picking up a pair of running shoes? But yeah. COVID.

• Haha
Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
I personally think long COVID is an excuse for a bunch of fat lazy people.

‘I feel so tired and I can’t breathe ever since I caught COVID’.

Uh huh. Ever considered putting down the donut and picking up a pair of running shoes? But yeah. COVID.
What about the fit ones? My (no pics) USAF daughter and her (no pics) USAF friend both caught the vids Christmas of 2021. It took my daughter about 6 months to get her "lungs back" to pre-COVID condition for PT. Her friend, though, is still struggling. The AF is looking at medically discharging her for asthma, a condition she didn't have before COVID.

Oh I’m sure that there are folks that are going to have lung issues depending on how bad they had COVID affect their lungs to begin with.

I don’t think the long COVID folks are confining the constellation of symptoms they are attributing to it to simply breathing problems.
Things like fatigue, ‘brain fog’, dizziness, abdominal pain etc. Those symptoms can come from a lot of things and attributing it to COVID seems a stretch.

What about the fit ones? My (no pics) USAF daughter and her (no pics) USAF friend both caught the vids Christmas of 2021. It took my daughter about 6 months to get her "lungs back" to pre-COVID condition for PT. Her friend, though, is still struggling. The AF is looking at medically discharging her for asthma, a condition she didn't have before COVID.
This. A friend of mine has struggled w/ long covid, and the dude was in amazing shape when he got ill. Long covid isn't just an "excuse" for fat and lazy people. Fat and lazy people were fat and lazy loooooong before covid. They don't need an excuse.

This. A friend of mine has struggled w/ long covid, and the dude was in amazing shape when he got ill. Long covid isn't just an "excuse" for fat and lazy people. Fat and lazy people were fat and lazy loooooong before covid. They don't need an excuse.
I agree with that. I don’t doubt that there are some with real issues. I doubt that there are as many as will claim. That’s all. This will be the new chronic fatigue syndrome or fibromyalgia for some. That’s my point.

I agree with that. I don’t doubt that there are some with real issues. I doubt that there are as many as will claim. That’s all. This will be the new chronic fatigue syndrome or fibromyalgia for some. That’s my point.
I have fibromyalgia (attributed to Middle East burn pits, not COVID) and my biggest issue with COVID was fatigue--it basically exasperated an already existing condition. However, I'm no better/worse after having had COVID. I consider myself fortunate.

Conversely, my (no pics) mom has been dealing with smell/taste issues since her bout with COVID last fall. Oddly enough, it's not the loss, it's the overwriting of the senses. She says it's like someone is holding her face in trash can--the smell is terrible. It's affected her eating.

COVID is a strange beast.

I have fibromyalgia (attributed to Middle East burn pits, not COVID) and my biggest issue with COVID was fatigue--it basically exasperated an already existing condition. However, I'm no better/worse after having had COVID. I consider myself fortunate.

Conversely, my (no pics) mom has been dealing with smell/taste issues since her bout with COVID last fall. Oddly enough, it's not the loss, it's the overwriting of the senses. She says it's like someone is holding her face in trash can--the smell is terrible. It's affected her eating.

Thank you for your service and your sacrifice.

Speaking for the fat and lazy among us, I approve this message.

The real question is if/when I catch COVID, will I become even more fat and lazy?

Frankly, I'm not sure that's possible.

• Haha
Reactions: McLovin32

I have a buddy with lingering diminution of smell after his COVID in 2020. On the positive side, he used to be obese, now he isn't.

Things don't smell bad to him, just many things don't have much smell, so aren't as appealing or tasty.

I recommend putting green tobasco on most plausible food groups.

4a17bc7b2a6a59c2ddaa95fc096570f3.jpg

Reactions: alaskanseminole
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT