ADVERTISEMENT

Is meatloaf good?

I love a good meatloaf. And the best in Iowa is the Pilot Truck Stop in Walcott, Iowa on Interest 80.

North side of highway.

Trust me on this, their meatloaf is unreal. And it is the meatloaf at the front counter.

PILOT-TRUCK-STOP.jpg

Last edited:
ronaldusmagnus.jpg

Ronnie was such a big fan of meatloaf that he and Mommy had it for their 39th wedding anniversary, plus he ordered it when he stopped in at the Hamburg Inn in Iowa City while on the campaign trail. And going even one step farther by executive order declared ketchup a vegetable. Case closed!
Name one good thing about Ronald Reagan for 100?

I make mine with a ketchup, brown sugar, and vinager mix for sauce. Its the goods.
piquant sauce
3 tbsp. brown sugar
1/4 c. ketchup
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. dry mustard
I only use this for redmeat meatloaf, which I prefer half hamburger and half ground pork or if I'm really lucky, deer or bison
For turkey meatloaf, I use turkey gravy as the topping.

I love a good meatloaf. And the best in Iowa is the Pilot Truck Stop in Walcott, Iowa on Interest 80.

North side of highway.

Trust me on this, their meatloaf is unreal. And it is the meatloaf at the front counter.

PILOT-TRUCK-STOP.jpg

I couldn't agree more. I always get the mashed potatoes and gravy along with the mac and cheese. I think the biscuits suck, but I'm not a fan of biscuits. Maybe ChodaBoy will believe me now that someone else agrees with me.

Meatloaf is one of my favorite meals to prepare and eat..... Meatloaf is also one of my least favorite artists to listen to.....

I couldn't agree more. I always get the mashed potatoes and gravy along with the mac and cheese. I think the biscuits suck, but I'm not a fan of biscuits. Maybe ChodaBoy will believe me now that someone else agrees with me.

Ketchup, biscuits...what is wrong with you people?

Reactions: Catfish_ Crazy
Just a little too dry for me. My apologies Wendy.

In general? Or just at this particular restaurant? Go to Hardee's, or I can give you a simple biscuit recipe that is easy and really good (and it can be modified for strawberry shortcake). We can still be e-friends...I just can't imagine going through life without biscuits and gravy...

Reactions: CarolinaHawkeye
In general? Or just at this particular restaurant? Go to Hardee's, or I can give you a simple biscuit recipe that is easy and really good (and it can be modified for strawberry shortcake). We can still be e-friends...I just can't imagine going through life without biscuits and gravy...

Just at the Pilot/Flying J especially. I'm not a huge fan of biscuits generally, but I have had some great biscuits and gravy around the country.

Edit: It's not my favorite breakfast choice, but I'm not picky. I just really dislike dry biscuits.

Reactions: CarolinaHawkeye

Hahaha, I get the same thing. My wife thinks I'm nuts. And Dirk, the funny thing is that I always say this is the best meatloaf in the world but my wife made one over the weekend that was better. We absolutely pigged out on it.

Reactions: DirkTang1
Hahaha, I get the same thing. My wife thinks I'm nuts. And Dirk, the funny thing is that I always say this is the best meatloaf in the world but my wife made one over the weekend that was better. We absolutely pigged out on it.

I've been singing it's praises for almost 2 years now. I get a lot of dirty looks when I recommend it to the undecided folks looking at the warmer.

US Foods delivers it to the Flying J north of 20 on I35. I told the driver that delivered it to try it once, and he did. He loved it. He still gives me a thumbs up every single time we see each other.
-csb

Reactions: Herkmeister
I honestly have never eaten better biscuits than the ones from Hardee's.....and I'm an old man who grew up on a farm eating biscuits made by my mother and grandmother, etc..

piquant sauce
3 tbsp. brown sugar
1/4 c. ketchup
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. dry mustard
I only use this for redmeat meatloaf, which I prefer half hamburger and half ground pork or if I'm really lucky, deer or bison
For turkey meatloaf, I use turkey gravy as the topping.
I have to try this one.

Not even CLOSE to the Pilot truck stop.

I'm not even going to consider trying Pilot truck stop. I know an entire family whose vacation was ruined due to food poisoning from meatloaf they got at a Pilot truck stop.

If you're somebody who gets off on explosive shits and vomiting, then yeah, Hy-Vee meatloaf isn't even "CLOSE" to Pilot truck stop.

Last edited:
I'm not even going to consider trying Pilot truck stop. I know an entire family whose vacation was ruined due to food poisoning from meatloaf they got at a Pilot truck stop.

If you're somebody who gets off on explosive shits and vomiting, then yeah, Hy-Vee meatloaf isn't even "CLOSE" to Pilot truck stop.

Reactions: Herkmeister

That's awesome! Because I love living on the edge!!!!!! I'm not a food pussy!!!!!! :D

I couldn't tell you how many times I've eaten there. Never once did I get sick. It would be different if you experienced it yourself but you're going off of what you have heard, like so many others. Man up before you knock it.

I couldn't tell you how many times I've eaten there. Never once did I get sick. It would be different if you experienced it yourself but you're going off of what you have heard, like so many others. Man up before you knock it.

Sorry cousin Eddy, but risking personal health for some truck stop food that was likely prepared by the typical I-80 corridor tweaker whore has nothing to do with being a man and much to do with being white trash.

Sorry cousin Eddy, but risking personal health for some truck stop food that was likely prepared by the typical I-80 corridor tweaker whore has nothing to do with being a man and much to do with being white trash.
What do you do for a living and how many times have you been married? :eek:

Meatloaf sandwich on lightly toasted sourdough roll, some chipotle aioli = good eating.

5ca0ce6c64020e1da36d2f7113d20dae.600x.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT