ADVERTISEMENT

Is Newsom serious?

He’s talking about the homeless crisis. We used to find places for people that has mental health challenges- now they end up homeless. He’s suggesting that we fix that. He’s not wrong.

He’s talking about the homeless crisis. We used to find places for people that has mental health challenges- now they end up homeless. He’s suggesting that we fix that. He’s not wrong.
I think we used to have places like that, but they were all closed as inhumane. (had grandparents who both worked at one,)

So, where do you take that prescription to? Doctor writes, “You need a house” on a pad. What next?

Nowhere yet. He’s working on that. Has bipartisan support.

Why don’t they just build housing for homeless. I’ve seen plenty of reports on homeless people in the past where a homeless person would say, “If you don’t eat and sleep in a bed in (enter city) you’re choosing not to. Why can’t San Fran do what those other cities do?

Why don’t they just build housing for homeless. I’ve seen plenty of reports on homeless people in the past where a homeless person would say, “If you don’t eat and sleep in a bed in (enter city) you’re choosing not to. Why can’t San Fran do what those other cities do?
That’s part of his plan- building housing. Maybe you all should research what he’s doing before commenting.

California is now loosing population. That should free up some homes. More crazy equals more people leaving equals more homes California can buy up and “prescribe” to the homeless.

One giant race to the bottom!
Uh, sure. I mean, none of that is right, but sure.

The problem he is an open borders sanctuary state advocate who then turns around and demands free health care and free housing for Mexico’s poor. Who is he kidding ?

All the while California is 1.5 trillion in debt

Bullshit. He was called out yesterday by the POTUS an he reacts. Libtards rule!

Reactions: royhobbs2
I think we used to have places like that, but they were all closed as inhumane. (had grandparents who both worked at one,)
Yes, we did. Back in the 70's, liberals starting getting the insane asylums closed. All of those people eventually end up being homeless. Virtually every homeless person to day has some form of mental issue, and yet society closed up most of the homes for these people.

If California liberals are so concerned for the homeless to the point where Gavin wants these type of laws, why not require people to take in a homeless person. There are lots of 3 and 4 bedroom houses where the guest room isn’t used. It would be free and take folks off the street.

I say we start asking the movie stars if they are willing to house some folks

That’s part of his plan- building housing. Maybe you all should research what he’s doing before commenting.
Exactly. He is absolutely right to say homelessness can't be addressed without addressing mental health issues.

Yes, we did. Back in the 70's, liberals starting getting the insane asylums closed. All of those people eventually end up being homeless. Virtually every homeless person to day has some form of mental issue, and yet society closed up most of the homes for these people.
In Iowa, it was Branstad and the Republicans that we’re busy closing them. Just food for thought.

ADVERTISEMENT