ADVERTISEMENT

Is the iowa women's game definitely on tv

Kurt Warner

HR Heisman
Jan 12, 2010
Iowa
Or is it gonna be one of those deals where it says its on but then has a different game on. Says it's on espn2 at 5

Or is it gonna be one of those deals where it says its on but then has a different game on. Says it's on espn2 at 5
They still do it old school where they go back and forth. I don't know, though, if they keep local/regional games on your station.

If nothing else, it will be available on WatchESPN (ESPN3).

Reactions: Kurt Warner
They still do it old school where they go back and forth. I don't know, though, if they keep local/regional games on your station.

If nothing else, it will be available on WatchESPN (ESPN3).

I remember when they used to do mens games like this. Would be watching the hawks then they would go to another game, needless to say i wasn't very happy :mad:

Their Twitter account says ESPN2.

Iowa Women's BBall‏@IowaWBB 3h3 hours ago

#NCAAW

GAMEDAY!

1f64c-1f3fc.png
1f3c0.png
: Iowa vs. Creighton

23f0.png
: 5:15 p.m. CT

1f4cd.png
: Los Angeles

1f4fa.png
: ESPN2

1f4bb.png
: WatchESPN

1f4fb.png
: Hawkeye Radio Network

#Hawkeyes #FightForIowa

DYgJtwvUQAEj1ch.jpg

Women's team is decent in a so-so year for the Big Ten.

But what this game is showing in glaring fashion is that a virtually complete lack of passion and commitment on the defensive end of the floor, especially on the perimeter, is a disease that has apparently not been successfully confined to the men's half of the Iowa Basketball program.

I hate to call any of these kids out by name, but let’s just summarize the game by saying that Creighton’s guards were VASTLY superior to our guards today.

Bluder was out-coached as well. Badly out-coached.

Nobody even tried to attack the basket outside of Megan. Creighton had maybe 4 fouls the entire 2nd half because they didn’t need to foul. Hannah actually attacked in the 4th Qtr., but it was too little too late. Why wasn’t she given more opportunities earlier in the game?

But that perimeter defense was ... a combination of a lack of effort and a lack of urgency. Quite possibly a lack of quickness which needs to be addressed diring recruiting.

Reactions: haightt
plus she is young. She has a bright future
Not against , but don't see it happening unless it truly is her destination job. Bluder is essentially tenured and has another 7-8 years in her. Baranczyk likely won't still be at Drake. Hate to say it, but likely will be an opening up I-35 from Drake before we are hiring.

Not against , but don't see it happening unless it truly is her destination job. Bluder is essentially tenured and has another 7-8 years in her. Baranczyk likely won't still be at Drake. Hate to say it, but likely will be an opening up I-35 from Drake before we are hiring.
Agreed. But if we were in fantasy land and someone said you could trade Bluder for Jennie, I woukd take it

And that is not knocking Bluder.

Reactions: wneff
I hate to call any of these kids out by name, but let’s just summarize the game by saying that Creighton’s guards were VASTLY superior to our guards today.

Bluder was out-coached as well. Badly out-coached.

Nobody even tried to attack the basket outside of Megan. Creighton had maybe 4 fouls the entire 2nd half because they didn’t need to foul. Hannah actually attacked in the 4th Qtr., but it was too little too late. Why wasn’t she given more opportunities earlier in the game?

But that perimeter defense was ... a combination of a lack of effort and a lack of urgency. Quite possibly a lack of quickness which needs to be addressed diring recruiting.

True this, the iowa guards sucked yesterday. About the only thing they did was turn the ball over. The team relies on Megan toooo much. The guards wouldn't do anything to help her out, by driving and or actually making an outside shot. They are really lacking good outside shooters. Megan would be even better if they had someone like a Dixon on the team. It was frustrating to watch yesterday.

Last edited:
Reactions: haightt
My guess is JB will be snapped up even before ISU makes a move with Fennelly.

ADVERTISEMENT