ADVERTISEMENT

Is the pronunciation guide correct on Max Murin?

LIV4GOD

HR MVP
Nov 23, 2020
I would assume so. For his last name it has the following:

Max Murin ...................... mure-IN
Have I just missed it all these years? The accent is on the last syllable?

Wrong. MUR-in.

You are making it harder to pronounce than it is in reality. Rarely are the last syllable of words, names accented. (Assad is the only starter with a first or last name with the accent on last syllable.)

You are making it harder to pronounce than it is in reality. Rarely are the last syllable of words, names accented. (Assad is the only starter with a first or last name with the accent on last syllable.)
I'm not making it harder. I'm only showing what the official pronunciation guide shows. It shows the accent on the last syllable.

• Haha
Reactions: moug and el dub
For F*ck's sake, he's been a Hawk for 4 years and we are just now getting around to learning how to pronounce his name?
Well, it’s not like they announce him at matches or Tommy talks about him during pressers.

For F*ck's sake, he's been a Hawk for 4 years and we are just now getting around to learning how to pronounce his name?
We’re still out pacing the time table on Logan Streebler, tho.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

I think the official guide has some issues. It's obvious by usual standards that the capitalized letters are supposed to be the accented syllables. It's plain when you look at EYE-er-man or duh-SAN-toe, or ee-BAR-uh or eye-YELL-uh, but then Murin is a mystery as well as Assad. Those appear backwards to how I've heard them pronounced.

GetAttachmentThumbnail

Last edited:
I think the official guide has some issues. It's obvious by usual standards that the capitalized letters are supposed to be the accented syllables. It's plain when you look at EYE-er-man or duh-SAN-toe, or ee-BAR-uh or eye-YELL-uh, but then Murin is a mystery as well as Assad. Those appear backwards to how I've heard them pronounced.

GetAttachmentThumbnail
My guess…. They let the athletes write their name how its pronounced and Max was messing with them.

Lets be real guys. The problem is that we have been misspelling it. It is probably Murne owing to some German heritage or something. I am disappointed that the cesspool did not correct this spelling a long time ago.

Lets be real guys. The problem is that we have been misspelling it. It is probably Murne owing to some German heritage or something. I am disappointed that the cesspool did not correct this spelling a long time ago.
Disappointed in the cesspool..........Ha Ha!!!

Is that you Crabby???

• Haha
Reactions: TNTwrestle
But a “u” rarely sounds like an EE.

Play meesic.

I love teertles?

Can’t go to school ‘cause I got the flee?

Don’t drink eerine?
Never said it makes sense, but he is right in that some announcers pronounce it that way. I've also heard people said it like Murr-in, also incorrect.

As I said, urine, with an M. End of story.

Reactions: el dub
funny they dont have Kem in there. I feel like I add a few extra Rs when I try to say his full last name.

• Haha
Reactions: el dub
ADVERTISEMENT