ADVERTISEMENT

Is the United States headed for civil war?

Fighting for equal rights is a tad different than what you posted.

Dems fight for my child‘s rights more than Republicans. I’m not ignorant to that fact. However, something that HROT has taught me the years, is that ignorance and civility are lacking on both sides. You’d think, based on the overall liberal philosophy, Democrats would be a little more tolerant and kind. I’ve lost faith in that.

I live (IA), work (NE) and vacation (MO) in very Republican areas. In person, everyone is genuinely, very kind to my son. I have never witnessed someone openly insulting him or humiliating him in public. I think I’ll be fine living among Republicans…or Democrats for that matter.
You think the same laws in place now in the USA are going to be in place in the New Confederacy?

Reactions: Ree4
In a democracy
the majority rules at the ballot box elections.
Republicans have made it crystal clear they aren't interested in democracy and are all in on minority rule. Had majority ruled in 2000 or 2016 this country would be in a lot better place than it is today.

The electoral college has let R's think they can get away with not appealing to a majority of Americans. It's way past time for one person one vote

Republicans have made it crystal clear they aren't interested in democracy and are all in on minority rule. Had majority ruled in 2000 or 2016 this country would be in a lot better place than it is today.

The electoral college has let R's think they can get away with not appealing to a majority of Americans. It's way past time for one person one vote

100% truth

Last edited:
I would like to think that if the country splits up that there wouldn't need to be a military war. So I am going to go with a No.

TrumpyMagaLand won't be satisfied with splitting up. They would be as dangerous to their neighbors as the Russians are to everyone around them. Along those lines, TrumpyMagaLand would quickly be as backwards and dysfunctional as Russia is today.

What point are you trying to make? The Senate ADA vote in 1990 was 76 in favor, 8 against, 16 abstained. Do you think only Dems are disabled or have disabled members in their families?

You seriously are comparing 1990 republicans to today's fascist GQP? 1990 republicans looked very much like the guy who currently lives in the White House, with a few exceptions.

Reactions: srams21 and nelly02
I missed the part in the training video where these guys are defending against tanks of drone attacks because that is what they could be facing if they go full-traitor and decide they're going to march on something.
LOL!

LOL!

We have been in a civil war since the 1960's. It's just settled at the ballot box not in a field with machine guns.
So far. I doubt many people in the 1860's thought it would happen either. Until it did.

There are constant civil wars / conflicts around the globe, we're not that special that it couldn't happen here.

Not sure what you mean by civil war but I believe any conviction and jailing of Donald Trump would result in a serious public backlash. The riots of 2020 would look like a weenie roast compared to the publics outrage over jailing a former President.

Not sure what you mean by civil war but I believe any conviction and jailing of Donald Trump would result in a serious public backlash. The riots of 2020 would look like a weenie roast compared to the publics outrage over jailing a former President.
That'd be ridiculous and would only be perpetrated by the few (<30%) of people that would be riled up by Facebook memes. The vast majority of Republicans would not riot in any way. Many of them, like myself and many on this board, will be glad to see him go.

That'd be ridiculous and would only be perpetrated by the few (<30%) of people that would be riled up by Facebook memes. The vast majority of Republicans would not riot in any way. Many of them, like myself and many on this board, will be glad to see him go.
I disagree wholeheartedly. I fear our nation wouldn’t survive the backlash. Too many people with too many causes to fight for would find it a rallying cry to save America. I just pray it doesn’t come to that.

America First - I loved the policy, not the delivery. Especially the tariffs.
Masks - who cares, just wear it.
Open/closed Border. This is an issue no matter you root (not vote) for.
BLM- small group, we are the least racist country in the world, extreme left.
MAGA - same as BLM, extreme right.
Multiple Genders - do want you want. IDGAF.
Abortion - I’ve always been 100% pro life, still wonder why people go insane on this? Don’t have sex? Don’t be an idiot? Rape, I get it.
Free Loan Money - lol.
Since politics doesn’t run my life what am I missing phycos?

America First - I loved the policy, not the delivery. Especially the tariffs.
Masks - who cares, just wear it.
Open/closed Border. This is an issue no matter you root (not vote) for.
BLM- small group, we are the least racist country in the world, extreme left.
MAGA - same as BLM, extreme right.
Multiple Genders - do want you want. IDGAF.
Abortion - I’ve always been 100% pro life, still wonder why people go insane on this? Don’t have sex? Don’t be an idiot? Rape, I get it.
Free Loan Money - lol.
Since politics doesn’t run my life what am I missing phycos?

MAGA is definitely not a small group. QAnon, maybe, but MAGA, no.

Can Donald survive getting cuffed should that day come? I'm kinda thinking he's going to get so worked up, despite being in such stellar shape, his tickers going to give out.

Can Donald survive getting cuffed should that day come? I'm kinda thinking he's going to get so worked up, despite being in such stellar shape, his tickers going to give out.
I hope, if he is guilty, he serves his time. Not prosecuting people who deserve it, politicians especially, could be disastrous.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT