ADVERTISEMENT

Is there a bigger bitch move than this from Bret Stephens of the NYT?

That both guys are being douchebags is not a tangential point. And it’s not my fault that other posters can’t comprehend simple concepts such as a guy whose entire career for the past 10 years has centered around writing and teaching others to write effectively as a form of communication is, in fact, a journalist.
One guy made a joke on twitter and the other wrote his boss. I'm pretty sure there's orders of magnitude on douchiness here. As for what he is - why not go with his job title? Forget it, not interested in arguing with you.

Reactions: Rudolph
Would still like TJ to explain the issue with journalistic integrity.

I missed in the email where Stephens wrote that he considered this guy a journalist and he had received an agreement that their correspondence would be off the record.

So politely inviting someone over, offering only courteous exchange of ideas, after they call you a bedbug, is being a douche nozzle or a bitch? I think you got it backwards who the bitch is.

Would still like TJ to explain the issue with journalistic integrity.

I missed in the email where Stephens wrote that he considered this guy a journalist and he had received an agreement that their correspondence would be off the record.
One professional writer publicly insulted another professional writer. I don’t understand why the issue of journalistic integrity wouldn’t be a part of the equation.

One guy made a joke on twitter and the other wrote his boss. I'm pretty sure there's orders of magnitude on douchiness here. As for what he is - why not go with his job title? Forget it, not interested in arguing with you.
Lol, bullshit. You’re interested in arguing with me or you wouldn’t have started arguing with me. What you’re not interested in (because you rarely are) is listening to and comprehending salient points.

Btw, you left out the part where the first guy publicly posted the private email that the second guy wrote. Any particular reason why you overlooked it?

One professional writer publicly insulted another professional writer. I don’t understand why the issue of journalistic integrity wouldn’t be a part of the equation.

If you were right, where are the journalists supporting this guy? Not even conservative journalists are trying to make the claim you are. Actual journalists (as in, that is their main job), make fun of other journalists all the time.

@torbee is it ethically okay to call Bret Stephens a bedbug?

Lol, bullshit. You’re interested in arguing with me or you wouldn’t have started arguing with me. What you’re not interested in (because you rarely are) is listening to and comprehending salient points.

Btw, you left out the part where the first guy publicly posted the private email that the second guy wrote. Any particular reason why you overlooked it?
Private? If I email your boss is it private? Anyway, I wasn't looking t o argue with you - just to mock you. Carry on.

Private? If I email your boss is it private? Anyway, I wasn't looking t o argue with you - just to mock you. Carry on.
Guy #1 insults Guy #2 by calling him a bedbug on Twitter. Kind of a douchebag move.

Guy #2 sends an email directly to Guy #1 and cc’s his boss. Also a douchebag move.

Guy #1 responds by posting the email on Twitter for anyone in the world to read. Yet another douchebag move.

It seems to me both guys are douchebags in this scenario. I’m not sure why you and several other posters are defending Guy #1, but I assume it’s because he’s on ‘your team’.

Hey look, another thread where TJ will argue a tangential point for 13 pages!
That both guys are being douchebags is not a tangential point. And it’s not my fault that other posters can’t comprehend simple concepts such as a guy whose entire career for the past 10 years has centered around writing and teaching others to write effectively as a form of communication is, in fact, a journalist.

He got paid for his books, I’m sure...but writing books makes him an author not a journalist.

He most certainly did not get paid for his academic articles...but writing those makes him an academic researcher like most other professors not a journalist.

He teaches strategic political communication...nothing to do with journalism.

I’ll concede he may have gotten paid for some of his articles and opinions, but the odds are quite low.

Either way, a random joke in a tweet by this guy should in no way governed by journalistic ethics.

He got paid for his books, I’m sure...but writing books makes him an author not a journalist.

He most certainly did not get paid for his academic articles...but writing those makes him an academic researcher like most other professors not a journalist.

He teaches strategic political communication...nothing to do with journalism.

I’ll concede he may have gotten paid for some of his articles and opinions, but the odds are quite low.

Either way, a random joke in a tweet by this guy should in no way governed by journalistic ethics.
Whatever, man. He’s a douchebag.

Whatever, man. He’s a douchebag.
I don't see what is wrong with posting the email. You claim he is a journalist. If somebody contacts a journalist should they be upset the journalist makes it public. It's not like he agreed to be off the record. Don't we want journalists to be open and share information? I can see where you think calling Stephens a bedbug is being a dbag, but I don't see any problem with the rest.

I don't see what is wrong with posting the email. You claim he is a journalist. If somebody contacts a journalist should they be upset the journalist makes it public. It's not like he agreed to be off the record. Don't we want journalists to be open and share information? I can see where you think calling Stephens a bedbug is being a dbag, but I don't see any problem with the rest.
Pretty much everything each guy did in this scenario was douchey. And since I had never heard of either of these guys before this morning and don't give a rat's ass about either of them, I'm done wasting time on them.

Pretty much everything each guy did in this scenario was douchey. And since I had never heard of either of these guys before this morning and don't give a rat's ass about either of them, I'm done wasting time on them.

Saying they are both douchey is the equivalent of saying a jaywalker and a rapist are both criminals. And for this analogy to work, you would start out posting about the jaywalker and say nothing about the rapist. And then you'd act like there is no difference between the rapist and the jaywalker and its completely appropriate for you to focus on the jaywalker.

Just how many handles did Prime go through in this thread?

Lol. How pathetic is this?

Imagine being a 45 year old millionaire crying that someone called you a name on the internet

What kind of people would be so eager to be victimized despite being the wealthy and powerful?

oy-vey-the-goyim-know-shut-it-down-1500-youtube-censored-e1441977414372.jpg

So, to sum up, Stephens who has partially made his career by calling out people and organizations for being overly sensitive, got his panties all wadded up over a tweet?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT