ADVERTISEMENT

Is there a way to cheat the the location requirements for gambling apps?

gusto79

HB Legend
Sep 11, 2002
Thinking ahead to conference tournament time. I'll be in KC for the Big 12 tournament but will still want to make some bets on the games. I use William Hill and Pointsbet and both require I be in Iowa. Anybody find a good way to make bets while out of state? I could remote desktop to a computer in Iowa and make bets, but mobile data can be shitty at games and I don't know how easy that would be from my phone. Hoping there is a better way.

Bovada..........and you can play poker also. There's an app that works everywhere.

I some how lost 11 of 12 bets through William Hill today and have no money left in that account. 3 bets were in play bets for KSU against ISU, but the rest were all spread bets and O/U's. I've only won 8 of my last 30 bets. I'm not good at this.

Yes there is. Call your friend in Iowa to place your bet.

Unless you have Russian friends.

it’s legal everywhere and you get paid?

You get paid from Bovada, but legal, well no, not really. I assume your location service has to be turned on. If you're on Android, you could monkey with it through developer options, but on iphone I really don't think its going to be possible without jailbreaking. Either way, unless you literally do this kind of thing for a living, you're going to expose everything on your phone to a (probably) shady app developer.

it’s legal everywhere and you get paid?

Yea, Butcoinor if ou are with drawing ~$1300+ they'd wire to your bank. If you are thinking of joining let me invite you and get $50.

You get paid from Bovada, but legal, well no, not really. I assume your location service has to be turned on. If you're on Android, you could monkey with it through developer options, but on iphone I really don't think its going to be possible without jailbreaking. Either way, unless you literally do this kind of thing for a living, you're going to expose everything on your phone to a (probably) shady app developer.

Just download Tor and go to their main website through the browser......problem solved.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT