ADVERTISEMENT

Is this correct?

SotaHawk87

HB Legend
Jan 3, 2015
Come Sunday Iowa will have the fourth longest active streak for NCAA tournament appearances (2) in the Big Ten..

Michigan State
Wisconsin
Ohio State
Iowa??

Ok I verified it is correct.. Shows you hard it can be! For sure not an impressive streak but puts things into perspective a bit...

Yeah maybe you missed the part where I said it wasn't impressive. However, wondering why we "suck so bad" and need to "fire Fran".. Cole was right, this fan base needs to step back and appreciate whats going on. Its not just Iowa that has struggles, as you can see 10 freakin teams in this league can't claim consecutive bids

I'm also betting if you take out the Johnny Comes, they have the longest regular season title drought. 1970. I doubt I will ever understand why Iowa fans are satisfied with: 1) 7 football wins and a bowl invite (not win) 2) ncaa appearance. I believe I read KF quote last fall saying their goal is to win the Big Ten. Yeah, yeah, I know that's is the goal, but it is nice to hear the coach say it. How about Barta. Fran? Iowa fans are so excited about getting to one of 40 bowl games and being one of 66 to the ncaa. That's setting the bar high. Well, it's after ten. The day is shot. May as well start drinking.

tampa get lost Fran has done this in his 5 years here.

10-11 season 4-14 11th in the BT
11-12 season 8-10 T-7th
12-13 season 9-9 6th alone
13-14 season 9-9 6th alone
14-15 season 12-6 T-3rd
3rd straight season of 20 wins before Post season play Davis was the last coach to do that. and Davis also made it to the dance 3 years in a row 3 times and no more than that in his 13 years, Lute actually made it 5 times in a row before he left.

making the dance is not that easy and IA has only been to the FF 3 times in their entire history. of over 100 years. just like in FB IA has only won 1 NT in over 100 years of their history,

for the last 35 years IA has avg'd 7.5-7.6 wps after 20 years of avg'ing 1-2 wins per season even EVY avg'd 8.3 wins per season over 10 years

52 season 2-7
53 season 5-3-1
54 season 5-4
55 season 3-5-1
56 season 9-1
57 season 7-1-1
58 season 8-1-1
59 season 5-4
60 season 8-1

not even Evy did what you expect out of KF just like people are expecting a lot out of Fran. how long does Fran get before you want him run off?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT