ADVERTISEMENT

Is this Heaven?

I used to love hot summer weather, especially when I was swimming or boating. And I thought people who raved about “crisp fall air” were insane. But the older I get, the more I appreciate the end of hot weather. 60s during the day and 40s at night is just about perfect for me.

OP let’s golf in majestic Galesburg. i can afford like maybe first two beers.

I've got some sunrise photos from Dove hunting that I would put up against any of those beach photos with concrete hotels 500 yards behind them.

Those are the beaches we let y'all see. I have never vacationed on one of them, and I'm not telling you my secrets.

Also...

1a04720df48229d98eb3f00b975db82c.gif

Absolutely love the weather this time of year. Not to mention fishing starts heating up again, hunting season is here, and football on cool days is unbeatable. But, I have awful seasonal allergies that kick the ever loving shit out of me. It's like God is just fuxking with me for the entire month of September.

This is exactly my weekend plan (fishing, should be near perfect conditions). Unfortunately I am also fighting allergies (I got them bad at the moment).

The weekend I wait for the entire calendar year, and I feel miserable at the moment.

Reactions: Mattski
Several years ago my wife and I were in Crested Butte and toured Black Canyon of the Gunnison. Abolutely stunning place. Pure beauty.

We spoke with a ranger there who gave some great perspective in reminding us there's pure beauty EVERYWHERE. Sometimes it's a corn field. Sometimes it's a mountain canyon, or a beach, or a building. One doesn't have to be better than the others; that's just personal preference. That's helped me when I find myself missing the beach or the mountains or anything else. Looking out of my office window right now I'm reminded that Atlanta is a city in a forest and I'm grateful to this thread for making me take a moment and appreciate the old growth trees stretching for miles outside my window.

I'm a Florida girl who loves the West...to visit. I like the Great Lakes...in the summer. But I would find the heartland interesting, too. It's still on my bucket list!
Oh...we will get down to the 60's here in Jacksonville this weekend. People are stoked! Long sleeves woo hoo!

Absolutely love the weather this time of year. Not to mention fishing starts heating up again, hunting season is here, and football on cool days is unbeatable. But, I have awful seasonal allergies that kick the ever loving shit out of me. It's like God is just fuxking with me for the entire month of September.

Good call, nothing like opening the windows in the front and rear of the family room with cool air blowing through while watching the game with a cold one. Love it.

ADVERTISEMENT