ADVERTISEMENT

Is This The Most Baffling Hawkeye Team in History?

Winning and losing is a total team effort. Some year's your offense wins you the games other years the defense and special teams do and every so often all 3 click and you have a special team. "You are what your record says you are". We are as a team above average. This year below average O and above average D and special teams. 6-4 and bowl bound.

Putting DeJean as returner is worth 80 yds of field position a game.
I'll guarantee you as qb he would double Petras in yards. That's probably a huge understatement.
I also understand that may not be where he wants to play with aspirations of playing at the next level.

Reactions: SB_SB
I'll guarantee you as qb he would double Petras in yards. That's probably a huge understatement.
I also understand that may not be where he wants to play with aspirations of playing at the next level.

Putting him at QB is the sort of thing I would usually despise… if the line was better I would be begging for it, but he’s probably able to impact the game more in his current role

Remember Iowa beat Mississippi St in the bowl game with -15 yards rushing
The infamous cowbell game …

blue oyster cult snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

No, it's not really baffling to me. It's one of the best defenses ever to take the field for an Iowa team combined with one of the worst offenses ever to take the field for an Iowa team. Couple that with spetacular special teams and you get a team that's a middle of the pack Big 10 team that will not be competative against top 10 teams but will at least keep the score close with everyone else. If they catch a break or two they end up winning those games.

This team is an All American center away from being a carbon copy of last year.

Or you could say we are a Charlie Jones and a Keagan Johnson away from being the same team as last year but from what I’ve seen I think the OL has been a bigger contributor to our struggles than the WR.

Schedule, schedule, schedule.

Play tough teams, you lose.

Play average to weak teams, you win.

It just happens to be the order that it is.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT