ADVERTISEMENT

Is this year finally the end?

NoleinATL

HR Legend
Oct 29, 2006
Watching the KC vs NE game, is this the year we can finally say that Bill and Tom are done?

Reactions: cmanole
They are 10-2

Those rare times Brady has gone down his backup has been better than he is. Brady is superhuman but has to quit soon. I have no doubt Darth Vader will keep the Patriots machine rolling after Tommy retires.

Those rare times Brady has gone down his backup has been better than he is. Brady is superhuman but has to quit soon. I have no doubt Darth Vader will keep the Patriots machine rolling after Tommy retires.

Could be

I just love all the Patriots are done, they aren't the same, will the break up, tom is too old, etc. conversations.

They are 10-2

I called it last week, Nate Stanley will be drafted by the Pats take over the mantle for Brady

Yes. Bill has a great system. Plug and play. Any QB with half-decent skills would thrive in that organization.
Bill has a great system. But your claim that “those rare times Brady has gone down his backup has been better than he is” is just plain false.

Reactions: NoleinATL
Bill has a great system. But your claim that “those rare times Brady has gone down his backup has been better than he is” is just plain false.

Anecdotal, but I remember many games when Brady was out and everyone was thinking NE would go down and the backup carved 'em up.

They will get a home game in playoffs and then likely need to win at Baltimore.

Belichick will figure something out to slow down Jackson.

I wouldn’t bet against them yet.

Reactions: NoleinATL
Anecdotal, but I remember many games when Brady was out and everyone was thinking NE would go down and the backup carved 'em up.
The Patriots are 217-62 (.807) in regular season games with Brady as their starter. They are 13-6 (.684) without him.

He has missed extended time twice. In 2008 he suffered a season-ending knee injury in the first game. Matt Cassel took over and went 10-5 as the starter. It was the only time since Brady’s second season in 2002 that the Patriots missed the playoffs.

In 2016 he was suspended the first four games of the season for Deflategate. With Garropalo and Brissett filling in, the Patriots were 3-1. But the one loss was a 16-0 shutout by the Bills. When Brady came back, the Patriots went 11-1 to finish 14-2 and went on to win the Super Bowl.

My facts trump your anecdotal evidence.

If they would have found a way to make it work with AB I am guessing Brady wouldn't look so bad. I am guessing Edelman wouldnt be the top reciever on most teams.

Tom Brady has historically had a tougher time playing at Miami than away at most other opponents. We're kinda used to playing tough against them at home. Not that day with Brady out.
The Patriots beat you in Foxboro without Brady, 31-24. They beat you later that year in Miami with Brady, 35-14.

You got any anecdotes that actually align with reality?

Reactions: anon_01irjibf16qqj
The Patriots beat you in Foxboro without Brady, 31-24. They beat you later that year in Miami with Brady, 35-14.

You got any anecdotes that actually align with reality?

Tom Brady has lost 11 times against Miami. Only the Steelers come close to that.

Whatever. Garropolo really impressed me.
Well, I guess that’s good enough for me. Jimmy Garoppolo, who is one of the best QBs in the league, impressed you one time when he filled in for Brady, therefore it’s reasonable to conclude the Patriots are better without Brady.

Look, I get that Brady has been a thorn in your side for almost 20 years, but he’s a first-ballot Hall of Famer and one of the best QBs in the history of the game. The Patriots will probably continue to be good after he retires, but they are most definitely not better without him.

The Patriots are 217-62 (.807) in regular season games with Brady as their starter. They are 13-6 (.684) without him.

He has missed extended time twice. In 2008 he suffered a season-ending knee injury in the first game. Matt Cassel took over and went 10-5 as the starter. It was the only time since Brady’s second season in 2002 that the Patriots missed the playoffs.

In 2016 he was suspended the first four games of the season for Deflategate. With Garropalo and Brissett filling in, the Patriots were 3-1. But the one loss was a 16-0 shutout by the Bills. When Brady came back, the Patriots went 11-1 to finish 14-2 and went on to win the Super Bowl.

My facts trump your anecdotal evidence.
Are those numbers correct? I knew they were good but I didn’t think they had a .800 winning mark

ADVERTISEMENT