ADVERTISEMENT

Is Trey a bully?

iowahaha1

All-Conference
Apr 15, 2015
My child is pretty small ( small skinny white kid who can't jump) but enjoys playing basketball. Last year he went out for the team and made the B team. There are 3 different teams and he was pretty excited. This year he did not go out as he knew he would never play as they just had one large 8th grade team. Today was the last day of school and optional. He opted to go for the first 3 periods to have his friends sign his year book. One person, Trey; asked to sign his year book. He did and when my son walked home and showed us he book, Trey wrote " you suck as basketball". I think when you ink that in someone's book it is just mean, esp. when he went just to get some signatures. I won't do anything about it as it would just make more trouble for my kid, but still was upsetting.

Reactions: Moral
Did he sign it, your friend Trey Bound or See you this summer The 3 Trey Man

Maybe instead of being a negative Trey, who with those nicknames is clearly a basketball superstar, was motivating your child to work hard this summer with him on the playground so he could improve from sitting out to joining the A for the awesome team.

quit being so negative @iowahaha1 , man, you suck at posting

Did he sign it, your friend Trey Bound or See you this summer The 3 Trey Man

Maybe instead of being a negative Trey, who with those nicknames is clearly a basketball superstar, was motivating your child to work hard this summer with him on the playground so he could improve from sitting out to joining the A for the awesome team.

quit being so negative @iowahaha1 , man, you suck at posting

Trey is a friggin hero. These montages aren't just going to start themselves.

ae7a3b8ba4652bac4a47fa10c3ad3607.jpg
hate-my-name.jpg

jg93tdfqarw31.png

112f844320fdbd9573ae6fdd2a5871b5.jpg

e3223f5a3facf7833d01082e7f524681.jpg

tumblr_oqwv56JYwm1v4qe09o1_1280.jpg

It hurts to see your kid suffer.

Kids need some hardship to prepare them for life. In the grand scheme of things this is minor.
Right. Use it as a learning experience. I'd tell him some people are jerks, emotionally small, and they're not worth your time. Jerks don't deserve your respect. And if you don't respect somebody, why be bothered by what they say about you?

Reactions: iowahaha1
I grew up in the 70's and 80's. What Trey did was considered a normal thing then or probably mild. Basically giving someone shit. Now he's a bully...smh. Trey probably considers your son a friend and someone he can give a hard time to without him being upset. Or maybe they aren't that close of friends to begin with and Trey is kind of a dick. If it's the former your son should step up his game and give some back. If it's the latter he should move on. Not everyone in life is nice.

Right. Use it as a learning experience. I'd tell him some people are jerks, emotionally small, and they're not worth your time. Jerks don't deserve your respect. And if you don't respect somebody, why be bothered by what they say about you?
Thx scopy - My son actually moved on and is playing golf and didn't play basketball last year. He actually has done very well, and I got a lot of help from this forum on how to get new clubs for him. He has done so well that he is rated in the top 25 in the state of texas (he's 25). He was just so happy that one of the top players and very popular players wanted to sign his book. I just think everyone at some point wants to fit in with the popular group. It just kind of sucked when a popular person told him he wanted to sign his book, and then writes a negative comment.

ADVERTISEMENT