ADVERTISEMENT

Is Trump the Least Competent President In US History?

giphy.gif

I still have to give the nod to Buchanan, who fiddled and let the country slide into the Civil War.

Trump is the Dunning-Kruger effect personified.
1.-Dunning-Kruger.png

The man has not had to think critically or problem solve anything on his own his entire life, and thus has never made it past the "I'm so great" point in this graph. This also helps to partly explain why he is so confident and narcissistic. He doesn't have the attention span to do his own critical thinking, or even to read. I cannot imagine anyone who could be a less competent leader.

Honest question - should Trump lose in November, does the past 7 days get marked as the turning point?

There are a lot of presidents that I dont know about so I wont say yes. But I doubt there is a bigger gap in competency and perceived competency than Trump.

But, he probably is the most incompetent, also.

I would say this. . . Do you think there has ever been a president before in the entire history of the US that demonstrated so repeatedly that they did not understand how government even worked??

Like you I can't say that I know for sure, I mean I don't think I could list all 45 presidents without looking it up.

But between the previous experiences of the presidents plus the fact that listening to history I've heard lots of reasons as to why presidents failed but I don't think I ever heard "he had no idea how government even worked."

That would be my evidence for why Trump *probably* is the most incompetent president in US history. We've had some bad presidents who mis-read a lot of situtations and made huge mistakes. I don't think we've ever had a president that came in and was totally clueless about everything.

Trump is the Dunning-Kruger effect personified.
1.-Dunning-Kruger.png

The man has not had to think critically or problem solve anything on his own his entire life, and thus has never made it past the "I'm so great" point in this graph. This also helps to partly explain why he is so confident and narcissistic. He doesn't have the attention span to do his own critical thinking, or even to read. I cannot imagine anyone who could be a less competent leader.
That was perfectly stated.

Donald Trump is BY FAR the most incompetent president. He will always have that title.

Ummm...the folks in the WH know it would be a turrible idea for THIS president to address the nation.
That's really key. Any other president should address the nation. Trump just isn't up to the task. Nothing good can come from it and he'll most likely make it worse.

The problem isn't that Trump isn't addressing the nation. The problem is Trump can't address the nation.

I...just can't believe that after the past week, anyone in the WH thinks it's a good idea for the POTUS to not address the nation, and at least try to calm things down.

I know I'm probably giving his advisors far too much respect, but maybe they are smart enough to realize there's about a 99.8% chance he makes things worse by speaking.

Reactions: srams21
I know I'm probably giving his advisors far too much respect, but maybe they are smart enough to realize there's about a 99.8% chance he makes things worse by speaking.
Who is left in the WH that Trump will listen to? I'm not sure he ever really listened to people like Preibus or Kelly who had some strategic vision, but now all that is left are enablers and fan boys.

Says the man that was hiding in a bunker last night. Classic.
One of the comments frequently made about Trump is that he "mirrors". He lashes out at those who were born rich, because he feels inadequate in being born rich. He likes to talk about tough guys, because he knows he isn't a tough guy. Not that roughing someone up makes you tough, it's just what he pictures in his mind. He mocks people are educated because he couldn't get through high school or college without his father writing checks to get his dumbass son diplomas.
He is a deeply dysfunctional human being, and this moment is far too big for him.

Last edited:
So nearly every lib on this board thinks Trump is the most incompetent president. I'm shocked and amazed.

Reactions: Speedway1
Who is left in the WH that Trump will listen to? I'm not sure he ever really listened to people like Preibus or Kelly who had some strategic vision, but now all that is left are enablers and fan boys.
ETTD (Everything Trump touches dies?

Polk was pretty incompetent. A lot more of Mexico was there for the taking after they easily took Mexico City, instead he just tucked his tail between his legs and gave it all back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT