ADVERTISEMENT

Is your company/firm back to doing retreats?

Fijimn

HR Legend
May 7, 2008
We have two this year. Regional offices for a couple of days in June in Nashville then the entire firm in Orlando in October. Loved them in my younger days--lots of drinking, carousing and general tomfoolery. But now that I'm an old man at the firm, I am more concerned about the billables I have to make up and moving things around. The one thing that grinds my gears is that we don't get the Marriott/Ritz points for the stays because it's under the firm reservation.

We have two this year. Regional offices for a couple of days in June in Nashville then the entire firm in Orlando in October. Loved them in my younger days--lots of drinking, carousing and general tomfoolery. But now that I'm an old man at the firm, I am more concerned about the billables I have to make up and moving things around. The one thing that grinds my gears is that we don't get the Marriott/Ritz points for the stays because it's under the firm reservation.
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Funky Bunch
My company has scheduled and cancelled them twice now. Looks like its finally on for real now in August.

Traditionally, they've done a long weekend at a resort/spa type place with families invited for the whole weekend. Looks like its going to be strictly business and dinner over a couple weekdays.

We used to enjoy them, but the company has grown too much and too remote that people aren't really personal friends any more like they used to be, and got sick of losing a weekend to fake socialize with folks they weren't close to.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT