ADVERTISEMENT

Isaac TeSlaa

Do you honestly think we are getting better receivers than Arland Bruce and Keagan Johnson in the portal?? Honestly.
Absolutely. He really wasn't very dynamic in the kick return game or as a receiver. Heck our Tight Ends were more dynamic. He also wasn't very good at catching the ball. Only 19 catches in 43 targets. I remember lots of drops and bad decisions with the ball in his hands.

Do you honestly think we are getting better receivers than Arland Bruce and Keagan Johnson in the portal?? Honestly.
Well its certainly possible we get someone who produces more in his time here then KJ, but that ain't saying much. I mean, what did we lose? Go back and look at the press conferences later in the year. It sure appears like they thought there was a good chance he'd be available the last several games, and yet, nope , guy never dressed. I'd say the smoke that he tanked the year to save a year of eligibilty or any chance he could be injured have some merit.

Well its certainly possible we get someone who produces more in his time here then KJ, but that ain't saying much. I mean, what did we lose? Go back and look at the press conferences later in the year. It sure appears like they thought there was a good chance he'd be available the last several games, and yet, nope , guy never dressed. I'd say the smoke that he tanked the year to save a year of eligibilty or any chance he could be injured have some merit.
I think he totally tanked on us. Wondering what that was like in the locker room.

Are we blaming their low production in them? Did we forget who our QB and OC was?

I hope we get guys that can produce more than all of our receivers last year. Keagan will be better than any receiver we get in the portal, it looks like.

It’s still shocking to me that we somehow had one healthy scholarship receiver at the beginning of the season against SDSU. Have to get like three or four receivers in the portal and hope two work out.

Iowa's base Offense better be 1 RB , 2TE , 2 WR now. Having 2 really good TEs with good bench Guys will really help in the run Game and Teams will have to respect the pass out of that formation . Keep the D in Base D then flex All out some. All really can help the Offense if utilized correctly .

Iowa's base Offense better be 1 RB , 2TE , 2 WR now. Having 2 really good TEs with good bench Guys will really help in the run Game and Teams will have to respect the pass out of that formation . Keep the D in Base D then flex All out some. All really can help the Offense if utilized correctly .

I think that’s the plan. Lachey and All will be a nightmare to game plan for. They will keep DCs up at night.

Are we blaming their low production in them? Did we forget who our QB and OC was?

Well, it certainly wasn't Brian or Spencer's fault Bruce tripped over the 2 yd line going in for the winning score vs Iowa St, or the drop on 4th down with 2 minutes to go that hit him right between the numbers. Also, not anyone's fault but 10's for the dropped punt that gave Nebraska their only points of the second half in a one score loss.

The guy had a chance to have Iowa at 9-3 instead of 7-5, but he dropped the ball.

Wish Bruce would have stayed, but he had a very disappointing 22 season after showing a few flashes in his Freshman year.

Well, it certainly wasn't Brian or Spencer's fault Bruce tripped over the 2 yd line going in for the winning score vs Iowa St, or the drop on 4th down with 2 minutes to go that hit him right between the numbers. Also, not anyone's fault but 10's for the dropped punt that gave Nebraska their only points of the second half in a one score loss.

The guy had a chance to have Iowa at 9-3 instead of 7-5, but he dropped the ball.

Wish Bruce would have stayed, but he had a very disappointing 22 season after showing a few flashes in his Freshman year.
Since we are giving out credit for wins and losses now, I’d like to credit Brian Ferentz for that brilliant offensive game plan against South Dakota State that led to a rousing victory to start off the season on the right foot.

So we are blaming Arland Bruce for 2 losses? hahaha #comeonman

Reactions: littlez
Keagan and Arland won us the northwestern game last year. Keagan and Charlie won us the Minnesota game last year. Charlie basically won us the Illinois game last year. Those three guys were good Hawkeyes, blaming them for leaving is putting the blame on the wrong party.
Of those 3, one quit after spring ball leaving the team in the lurch trying find a replacement, 1 was injured and then refused to play most of the year, and the other played like crap for most of his downs. You say they were good hawkeyes but they didn't step up when their teammates really needed them to. That's the very definition of a bad teammate. They weren't great anything except for being great disappointments. At least Keagan and Arland had the good graces to leave now when Iowa can find decent players from the portal. Charlie wasn't so gracious.

Of those 3, one quit after spring ball leaving the team in the lurch trying find a replacement, 1 was injured and then refused to play most of the year, and the other played like crap for most of his downs. You say they were good hawkeyes but they didn't step up when their teammates really needed them to. That's the very definition of a bad teammate. They weren't great anything except for being great disappointments.
Charlie Jones was the FOURTH receiver to leave after the 2021 season concluded. Did we even attempt to replace any of them??? Thanks for the memories Chuck Sizzle, KJ, and Arland!!

Exactly. Some of our posters really have no idea what good and bad is

Well now we can see how hard the Iowa coaching staff and maybe even Cade are working to get him to commit. Good indicator on how the program is being viewed.

• Haha
Reactions: littlez
We need more than just Teslaa. We need at least two other guys.
Yep.

Several posters complained about Iowa trying to get Teslaa, the DII receiver specifically. I specifically referenced the DII receiver. Those posters don’t seem to be complaining anymore.

No doubt the same people complaining about recruiting him will complain when he commits to some blue blood.

Reactions: natchrlman
Keagan and Arland won us the northwestern game last year. Keagan and Charlie won us the Minnesota game last year. Charlie basically won us the Illinois game last year. Those three guys were good Hawkeyes, blaming them for leaving is putting the blame on the wrong party.
I have read that only Phil and Levar win games. Where those just lies?

Based on what I saw this year from Bruce.....I'm not going to miss him in the least. I don't think it will be hard to find a good/solid receiver from the portal that will make a significantly larger contribution than what Bruce did this year.

Keagan, on the other hand, I don't know. A healthy KJ is most likely better than anyone we will snag for 2023.

Reactions: hawkisoaker
Based on what I saw this year from Bruce.....I'm not going to miss him in the least. I don't think it will be hard to find a good/solid receiver from the portal that will make a significantly larger contribution than what Bruce did this year.

Keagan, on the other hand, I don't know. A healthy KJ is most likely better than anyone we will snag for 2023.
Key here is healthy. Keagan was elusive and fast when healthy, but he wasn't for either season here. Can he remain healthy for a full season anywhere?

Key here is healthy. Keagan was elusive and fast when healthy, but he wasn't for either season here. Can he remain healthy for a full season anywhere?
Agree with this. First it seemed really strange what the injury(s) was and some guys just never come back to 100% after "whatever it was". I hope he can stay healthy but after the last 12 months it does not feel overly promising for him.

Reactions: BBHawk
Agree with this. First it seemed really strange what the injury(s) was and some guys just never come back to 100% after "whatever it was". I hope he can stay healthy but after the last 12 months it does not feel overly promising for him.
He was injured or at least sick as a freshman, too. Missed the bowl game.

Reactions: Packer54
ADVERTISEMENT