ADVERTISEMENT

Isaac TeSlaa

Yep.

Several posters complained about Iowa trying to get Teslaa, the DII receiver specifically. I specifically referenced the DII receiver. Those posters don’t seem to be complaining anymore.

No doubt the same people complaining about recruiting him will complain when he commits to some blue blood.
Spot on!

Reactions: cmhawks99
So we are blaming Arland Bruce for 2 losses? hahaha #comeonman

Do you think we lose to Iowa state up 14-3 halfway through the third?

Do you think Nebraska would have scored again if we don't hand them the ball inside our 20?

It's a team game, and no loss falls on one guy, but AB killed us in those two losses. Again, wish he would have stayed but he's not the loss Jacobs or Johnson are.

Wish him the best of luck. What schools are showing interest?

Do you think we lose to Iowa state up 14-3 halfway through the third?

Do you think Nebraska would have scored again if we don't hand them the ball inside our 20?

It's a team game, and no loss falls on one guy, but AB killed us in those two losses. Again, wish he would have stayed but he's not the loss Jacobs or Johnson are.

Wish him the best of luck. What schools are showing interest?
We lost to ISU because of horrible offense all game and the defense giving up a 99 yard drive. We lost to Nebraska because again or offense was pathetic, TOs, Cooper getting hurt, and we got down 17-0 in the first half.

How can we blame this on Arland Bruce? Haha

Looks like Miss ST and Arkansas offers from his Twitter. Not sure where we can see his offer list for the portal

Reactions: littlez
We lost to ISU because of horrible offense all game and the defense giving up a 99 yard drive. We lost to Nebraska because again or offense was pathetic, TOs, Cooper getting hurt, and we got down 17-0 in the first half.

How can we blame this on Arland Bruce? Haha

Looks like Miss ST and Arkansas offers from his Twitter. Not sure where we can see his offer list for the portal

The offense sucked because HE fell down on a walk in touchdown and HE dropped a 4th down pass that hit HIM right in the hands. Kinda tough to blame everyone else for his Eff ups in that game.

The offense sucked because HE fell down on a walk in touchdown and HE dropped a 4th down pass that hit HIM right in the hands. Kinda tough to blame everyone else for his Eff ups in that game.
Pontebaum fumbled at the goaline, we had 150 total yards (92 yards passing and avg 2.3 yards a carry), and lost the TOP 38 mins to 21 mins. How is this on Arland again?

Absolutely. He really wasn't very dynamic in the kick return game or as a receiver. Heck our Tight Ends were more dynamic. He also wasn't very good at catching the ball. Only 19 catches in 43 targets. I remember lots of drops and bad decisions with the ball in his hands.

I think this is right,.. Bruce had a few ugly moments this season, but overall I think he was a plus.
His on-the-field performance says otherwise.

Pontebaum fumbled at the goaline, we had 150 total yards (92 yards passing and avg 2.3 yards a carry), and lost the TOP 38 mins to 21 mins. How is this on Arland again?

Did I say it was all in him? I specifically stated it's a team effort.

But one last time, if he makes the play a middle schooler could make, we win that game. The guy is not a big loss.

Did I say it was all in him? I specifically stated it's a team effort.

But one last time, if he makes the play a middle schooler could make, we win that game. The guy is not a big loss.
Do you even read what you post:

“The offense sucked because HE fell down on a walk in touchdown and HE dropped a 4th down pass that hit HIM right in the hands. Kinda tough to blame everyone else for his Eff ups in that game.”

“Well, it certainly wasn't Brian or Spencer's fault Bruce tripped over the 2 yd line going in for the winning score vs Iowa St, or the drop on 4th down with 2 minutes to go that hit him right between the numbers. Also, not anyone's fault but 10's for the dropped punt that gave Nebraska their only points of the second half in a one score loss.”

What do you think you are insinuating with these two posts from you lol

Reactions: littlez

“The offense sucked because HE fell down on a walk in touchdown and HE dropped a 4th down pass that hit HIM right in the hands. Kinda tough to blame everyone else for his Eff ups in that game.”

“Well, it certainly wasn't Brian or Spencer's fault Bruce tripped over the 2 yd line going in for the winning score vs Iowa St, or the drop on 4th down with 2 minutes to go that hit him right between the numbers. Also, not anyone's fault but 10's for the dropped punt that gave Nebraska their only points of the second half in a one score loss.”

Iowa lost the game because the entire Offense stunk , that common base truth is on every Iowa loss this Year.

His on-the-field performance says otherwise.
Very much agree. I want to be a Bruce fan. Good kid, and the tools to be a playmaker (I think). But I honestly think we wanted him to be a playmaker (or that was fans label) more so than he actually was a playmaker. We tried to get him the ball in space - and yes Petras would air mail him or dirt ball it often - but when he did get the ball on short passes or end arounds in space, he just didn’t turn them into explosive plays. Nor did he show blazing speed or become a deep threat. I think we wanted him to be a Riley McCarron type but he didn’t even achieve that with his time at Iowa. Maybe elsewhere he will. Same as Tyrone Tracy btw.

His punt fielding was downright poor. Not just the Nebraska game but throughout the year either didn’t fair catch it and certainly wasn’t an explosive returning either.

I do not blame him specifically for losses - but when the opportunity for a big play was his to make, he most certainly didn’t make them.

"It's a team game, and no loss falls on one guy, but AB killed us in those two losses. Again, wish he would have stayed but he's not the loss Jacobs or Johnson are."

This discussion is beyond boring. Good day.

Very much agree. I want to be a Bruce fan. Good kid, and the tools to be a playmaker (I think). But I honestly think we wanted him to be a playmaker (or that was fans label) more so than he actually was a playmaker. We tried to get him the ball in space - and yes Petras would air mail him or dirt ball it often - but when he did get the ball on short passes or end arounds in space, he just didn’t turn them into explosive plays. Nor did he show blazing speed or become a deep threat. I think we wanted him to be a Riley McCarron type but he didn’t even achieve that with his time at Iowa. Maybe elsewhere he will. Same as Tyrone Tracy btw.

His punt fielding was downright poor. Not just the Nebraska game but throughout the year either didn’t fair catch it and certainly wasn’t an explosive returning either.

I do not blame him specifically for losses - but when the opportunity for a big play was his to make, he most certainly didn’t make them.
I think you nailed it to near perfection.

I wish him well wherever he lands. That said....I think we as fans wanted him to have more talent and skills than he actually has. IMO, he's lacking just a little in several places to be a good/great WR. He's small....he doesn't seem to possess quite enough speed....his route running could be sharper...he isn't physical enough or fast enough to routinely get separation....and he drops balls that he simply shouldn't drop. Good Hawkeye and I appreciate his effort while here.

I expect our staff to be able to land an all around better WR from the portal.

Any update on this guy?

Things sound good with Seth Anderson. But Iowa needs ALOT more help then just him at the WR position. The more time goes by, and the more offers Teslaa racks up, the less I like our chances of landing him.

ISU beat Iowa. Did they have a better season than Iowa?

Absolutely isn’t it all about who you beat doesn’t matter if you win 8,9,10 games you need to play the“right” competition you know the weak west and all that!

You should know that isn’t that in the company manual?

Any update on this guy?

Things sound good with Seth Anderson. But Iowa needs ALOT more help then just him at the WR position. The more time goes by, and the more offers Teslaa racks up, the less I like our chances of landing him.
it's going to be an uphill battle with Arkansas, Miami, Wisconsin, OSU, Houston, and Baylor offering. It is the dead period though, so I wouldn't expect to hear a ton.

it's going to be an uphill battle with Arkansas, Miami, Wisconsin, OSU, Houston, and Baylor offering. It is the dead period though, so I wouldn't expect to hear a ton.
Exactly what I was thinking, now if he takes more visits in January we can start fretting, this is one we really, really need IMO.

For those that don’t know. The OSU squeeze is referring to is Okie St.

I think he is saying Bruce isn't a prime-time player. He's the guy that plays well when it doesn't matter, but not so good when success or failure rides with him. Heck. On a team with NO receivers, he had 1 receiving touchdown and less than 20 catches. He caught 43% of the passes that targeted him.

• Sad
Reactions: hawktech and BBHawk
I think he is saying Bruce isn't a prime-time player. He's the guy that plays well when it doesn't matter, but not so good when success or failure rides with him. Heck. On a team with NO receivers, he had 1 receiving touchdown and less than 20 catches. He caught 43% of the passes that targeted him.
I’m not putting all of that on Bruce given who was throwing to him.

A dead period for transfers? I thought there was a 45-day window?
No contact from December 19th to January 3rd, for bowl season.

I believe that you can still communicate, if you have already made contact. But you cannot approach players, invite them on campus, nor in-home visits.

Are we blaming their low production in them? Did we forget who our QB and OC was?
I'm blaming his "low production" this year on the very real possibility that he tanked the year when he could have played the last few games at least. That as nothing to do with the people you mentioned

I think that’s the plan. Lachey and All will be a nightmare to game plan for. They will keep DCs up at night.
Not if they don't lineup with an OL that's not worth a damn.

I agree they'll be a great combo -- just not sold on the OL that will play alongside them, and if that doesn't get shored up, well, McNamaran can't complete passes from his back.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT