ADVERTISEMENT

Isaiah White looking for a new home?

No possibility it's just not happening anymore, and there is a log jam but I believe he'd be the guy if he did go to tOSU

Possibility he may not be heading to OSU. Can he be a Hawk?
Hmmm. Honestly I'm not sure he beats Marinelli or Young. White is a major talent and he could beat both. Iowa needs to focus more on 33,49,& 84 right now, but White would be a very welcome addition if the price is right. Im sure he and Perry started a relationship during his recruitment. IF Perry comes to Iowa that probably helps our chances.

No possibility it's just not happening anymore, and there is a log jam but I believe he'd be the guy if he did go to tOSU

I know you see through a Buckeye lens, but pretty sure this thread is about the potential of White coming to Iowa, not tOSU. And reference to a log jam at White's weight was in the Iowa lineup. Right?

Reactions: el dub
We can slice it and dice it anyway we want but the bottom line is this regarding the possibility of White or Martinez:

2017-18:
149 - Sorenson
157 - Kemerer - White redshirts
165: Marinelli or Martinez
174: Young or Martinez
(Yes, one of Marinelli or Young sits ...and Marinelli makes sense being that he will get to train with Martinez the next 3 years. I would not want Martinez for the mere image of sitting a Freshman for a 5th year senior...not worth upsetting either youngster)

2018-2019:
149: Kemerer
157: White or Marinelli
165: Marinelli or White
174: Young

So there you have it. Doesn't work unless Kemerer can go down. If he can't go down, it is a waste of time. But rest assured Young, even if the best man, will not see 165 in folksytle.

As you figure Iowa line-ups, might want to consider Dylan Duncan in the mix. Redshirt Freshman at Illinois and 2x state champ (lost to Rudy Yates in state finals senior yr), beat Yianni D in cadet national finals and lost 3-5 to Zane Richards last year as true frosh, seems to love Perry, wrestled for Izzy in high school, and is a real 133 pounder from day 1. Not sure I see him staying at Illinois.
See link: http://illinoismatmen.com/forum/showthread.php?p=528851

Last edited:
When did Duncan beat Mcic and Richards? Wrestlestat has him losing to Richards and not wrestling Micic. Maybe freestyle?

https://www.wrestlestat.com/wrestler/44647/duncan-dylan/profile

Rare to get transfers within the Big 10 because of the lost year rule.

I stand slightly corrected and edited my original post, thanks GZ! The point being is that he is tough as nails and might really be liking Iowa...

Also, I recently heard that the in-conference transfer eligibility rule was changed...can anyone confirm?

Hmmm. Honestly I'm not sure he beats Marinelli or Young. White is a major talent and he could beat both. Iowa needs to focus more on 33,49,& 84 right now, but White would be a very welcome addition if the price is right. Im sure he and Perry started a relationship during his recruitment. IF Perry comes to Iowa that probably helps our chances.

He beats all of them...without a question. Biggest problem most got around here is got to be able to recognize what immediate impact talent is and what's wishful thinking. Wherever he goes he's top 4 at the very worst each year at NCAA's. If you remember TJ Williams and the freak athlete he was well here is another one and they don't make them very often. Remember when he got lucky that one time and beat Vincenzo Joseph two years ago in Fargo finals......

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/...=3fc952049ffde3764efa4af5759f7a1f&action=view

Not sure about the above. White lost to Drew Hughes of MSU last year. Hughes is a sold wrestler but lost to Gunther.

You're right on that but I think White is a big time talent. He lost to Hughes early in his true freshman year when Hughes turned him for backs in the third. I think White would be a D1 title contender.

You're right on that but I think White is a big time talent. He lost to Hughes early in his true freshman year when Hughes turned him for backs in the third. I think White would be a D1 title contender.

Oh I definitely think he's a stud. That wasn't the point.

Am I missing something here or am I correct in recalling the issue with White was related to academics? And if academics was this issue at tOSU, which is not exactly at the top of the B1G in terms of academics, especially in terms of athletes, how is this guy going to make it onto the mat at the majority of D1 institutions?

It's not like tOSU said "we've got Campbell now, White no longer needed." Most likely it was "can't get White here, better get Campbell."

Am I missing something here or am I correct in recalling the issue with White was related to academics? And if academics was this issue at tOSU, which is not exactly at the top of the B1G in terms of academics, especially in terms of athletes, how is this guy going to make it onto the mat at the majority of D1 institutions?"
Ohio State is in the upper half of the B1G in terms of academics. I have a hard time believing there is much difference between tOSU and any other B1G school when it comes to accepting elite athletes that otherwise wouldn't sniff admission (maybe Northwestern). Trust me, James Franklin and Kirk Ferentz aren't bringing in national merit scholars to fill their rosters.

Reactions: Hawkeye197
Ohio State is in the upper half of the B1G in terms of academics. I have a hard time believing there is much difference between tOSU and any other B1G school when it comes to accepting elite athletes that otherwise wouldn't sniff admission (maybe Northwestern). Trust me, James Franklin and Kirk Ferentz aren't bringing in national merit scholars to fill their rosters.

I guess the point I was making was I that I don't think it's any different at Iowa, PSU, Indiana or a school like Pitt for that matter than at tOSU. It's not like we are talking about him not cutting it at Northwestern, Stanford, Duke, etc. If he can't make the grade at tOSU, what relevant wrestling school is he going to end up on the mat at? NC State???

Reactions: lionlover and Huck
I guess the point I was making was I that I don't think it's any different at Iowa, PSU, Indiana or a school like Pitt for that matter than at tOSU. It's not like we are talking about him not cutting it at Northwestern, Stanford, Duke, etc. If he can't make the grade at tOSU, what relevant wrestling school is he going to end up on the mat at? NC State???
I agree with you. Just think you're being unfair to tOSU, with your initial comments. Cale Byers couldn't get into Iowa and proceeded to take third at Okie State, but I believe that had more to do with his run in with the law than grades.

Oh I definitely think he's a stud. That wasn't the point.

Understood. I was following up on Switch's idea also. White has a redshirt still available. So 2018-2019 could be Kemerer, Marinelli, White, and Young from 149-174. No idea if Kemerer could make that drop or if there is interest by TnT and White.

Would think the whole talk about Perry maybe coming back makes it easier for White to come along also. Maybe he got his grades up enough to get in.
Perry would make a good recuriter for sure. If Kem could make 49 be a good line up and have Lee also then plus Warner in the line up.

Taxicab Confessions- nonVegas edition.
A week ago Isaiah rode alone with me to Champaign for Illinois Freestyle State. I ran into Perry. I also had a passing chat with Imar.

White plans on wrestling D1 going forward.
Perry looks to have slimmed down. 30 year old baby cheeks gone.
Imar was cleaning up after the tournament like a walk on redshirt. Combination of swagger and humility that not only promotes personal success but seems to be the kinda kid you want leading your team.

As for any of them giving me any indication where they will be in 2018... what happens in Champaign stays in Champaign. ;)

“Why should we have to go to class if we came here to play FOOTBALL, we ain’t come to play SCHOOL..." - Cardale Jones

“Why should we have to go to class if we came here to play FOOTBALL, we ain’t come to play SCHOOL..." - Cardale Jones
Why do you think Kirk Ferentz has a no twitter policy? Competitive D1 football rosters all have plenty of idiots.

A week ago Isaiah rode alone with me to Champaign for Illinois Freestyle State. I ran into Perry. I also had a passing chat with Imar.

Imar was cleaning up after the tournament like a walk on redshirt. Combination of swagger and humility that not only promotes personal success but seems to be the kinda kid you want leading your team.

As for any of them giving me any indication where they will be in 2018... what happens in Champaign stays in Champaign. ;)
Interesting

not right slim just not right,but thanks anyway you put them all in same place.

White's grades are up. It's about the scholly $$ from what I hear. Great recruit for iowa. Be foolish not to go after him. He brings the level of competition in the room up. He's not a Perry recruit.

Reactions: wasdt21
White's grades are up. It's about the scholly $$ from what I hear. Great recruit for iowa. Be foolish not to go after him. He brings the level of competition in the room up. He's not a Perry recruit.
I find it hard to believe that Perry hasn't been in his ear a bit. White if like one of the only 40 people that he follows on Twitter.

I did see a couple weeks ago that Morningstar started following White. I didn't think much of it though.

wouldn't like putting all these guys on top of the bull,hope he would take it as a challenge and opportunity to improve, all hypothetical anyway.

Reactions: andegre
You guys are such hypocrites!! When PSU gets multiple guys at one weight you are all up in arms saying how wrong it is and how Iowa and TnT would never do such a thing. Now that you are in a place where you can do the same your rhetoric changes and now it's just bringing in good workout partners and bringing the depth up. Please. And I don't have a dog in this fight, just calling it like I see it.

You guys are such hypocrites!! When PSU gets multiple guys at one weight you are all up in arms saying how wrong it is and how Iowa and TnT would never do such a thing. Now that you are in a place where you can do the same your rhetoric changes and now it's just bringing in good workout partners and bringing the depth up. Please. And I don't have a dog in this fight, just calling it like I see it.

For bringing in White?

Hypothetical mid weights in 2018-2019:

149:Kemerer
157:Marinelli
165:White
174:Young

What's your point? Thanks for the constructive call.

Reactions: lionlover

Then I guess that your eyes are bad. Most of the discussion has been on the conundrum that his transfer would cause with already good recruits ready to go.

Kemerer wont make 149 especially in 2 years. Someone who was recruited to start will sit.

Then I guess that your eyes are bad. Most of the discussion has been on the conundrum that his transfer would cause with already good recruits ready to go.
No, most of it has been about how it's ok because it will create good workout partners. I'd be happy if you got these kids because all I like is to see great wrestling. I just hate how you justify on one hand and condemn on the other.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT