ADVERTISEMENT

ISM

HawkBlocked

HR MVP
Nov 27, 2011
Is he injured? I saw way too many plays where it looks like he's just jogging if he knows he's not going to get the ball. Blown block assignments, and he seems generally disinterested too many times on the field. He can't still be hung over from his incident, can he?

Is he injured? I saw way too many plays where it looks like he's just jogging if he knows he's not going to get the ball. Blown block assignments, and he seems generally disinterested too many times on the field. He can't still be hung over from his incident, can he?
Doesn't seem like he and Petras are on the same page, and I'm sure teams are scheming towards him with his speed. They're definitely trying their hardest not to kick to him. I'm sure it's a bit frustrating, but he was all goofy smiles postgame.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
It’s killing you isn’t it 311 that we’re kicking everyone’s ass now? But keep bitching about our receivers.

I’m not starting shit. It’s been a fun and great year so far I’m super pumped about how we’ve done out of this offseason. I have it on good authority ISM is out after this year. Smiths body language is also concerning although I haven’t heard anything about him.

Not sure what you want him to do. Petras has shown zero ability to hit a long ball. He caught everything thrown his way and blocked well.

Yeah he did fine. Made a big play at the end of the half, caught the ball in the middle of the field and worked his way all the way to the sidelines. I'm sure none of the wideouts are having the numbers they might have imagined, but that's the way it's going so far.

Don't look now but Iowa average 25.7 points a game last year (including the non-power conference non-conference games. So far this year, Iowa averaging 33 points against all Big 10 competition. That number could go up the next 2 weeks against Nebraska and Illinois. I'm not arguing that Petras is better than Stanley (he's not). Iowa's running game and punter have been huge help.

Playing with zero fire in the belly right now.
It’s killing you isn’t it 311 that we’re kicking everyone’s ass now? But keep bitching about our receivers.
HELL NO I am loving this. His body language looks like he would rather be picking up shit in a park than playing football.

Yeah he did fine. Made a big play at the end of the half, caught the ball in the middle of the field and worked his way all the way to the sidelines. I'm sure none of the wideouts are having the numbers they might have imagined, but that's the way it's going so far.

Don't look now but Iowa average 25.7 points a game last year (including the non-power conference non-conference games. So far this year, Iowa averaging 33 points against all Big 10 competition. That number could go up the next 2 weeks against Nebraska and Illinois. I'm not arguing that Petras is better than Stanley (he's not). Iowa's running game and punter have been huge help.
Imagine if we had Stanley this year....😉

You'll never see ISM dive a yard for a pass either.

He may be the laziest Iowa receiver I've ever seen.

Love how Marsette and Smith are now becoming the scapegoats of the offense. How do you think their numbers would look if we had Stanley? I’m sure like every receiver they would like more balls. Both guys have been blocking their asses off in the run game. We’ve got a QB that can’t throw a long ball. But keep bashing these guys.

I think he played very well, you try too hard to find something to bitch about.

I’m not starting shit. It’s been a fun and great year so far I’m super pumped about how we’ve done out of this offseason. I have it on good authority ISM is out after this year. Smiths body language is also concerning although I haven’t heard anything about him.

ISM and B Smith are both seniors

Reactions: littlez
Why we refuse to throw to b smith is beyond me. Goal line, short yardage or fades. We have underutilized his considerable talents.
the Greg Davis third down routes has to stop. You can scheme single coverage to a fade. We have fallen in love with ragani and beyer for some reason.
Pretty sure ragani is his roommate

You'll never see ISM dive a yard for a pass either.

He may be the laziest Iowa receiver I've ever seen.
I don't know. He made one hell of a diving grab for the game winner at the goal line against ISU as a freshman. The guy obviously has something going on in his head, since his outstanding showing in the holiday bowl, then the crazy off season, his DWI, and then we've struggled to be able to get him the ball in the passing game. As mentioned he has had almost zero chances to run back kicks. Jones is getting a lot of pup for his efforts returning punts. Its been almost a perfect storm. Unfortunately he probably knows now he screwed the pooch by coming back, as his stock would never have been higher then after the bowl game. He showed his real worth in that game as a versatile return specialty player. ISM would never be a high level WR in the league. His only real skill is straight line speed and that may be negated a lot in the league. He's not a great route runner, doesn't have great hands and doesn't go up after 50/50 balls like B Smith does.

We have fallen in love with ragani and beyer for some reason.
Yeah I’ve never understood why we target those two so much more than our actual, good weapons. It’s obvious that we have better WRs and you can’t tell me Beyer is better than LaPorta...

ISM is the worst blocker we have that plays regular snaps.

Multiple times yesterday where he just hugged the guy and held on.

Reactions: ichawk24
1) We have a qb that is learning to play in the B1G, he is getting better each week and Iowa has four games left to play plus a bowl game so plenty of time for these two to step up and make plays down the stretch.

2) Play calling needs to be more play action off the run success we are having to open the pass game up and allow time for downfield throws which Petras will hit open receivers as long as he’s not trying to over or under throw the ball.

3) Iowa has Nebraska, Illinois, and Wisconsin left so I think we will see more action with those guys in the play calling. Tracy too.

4) Iowa is 3-2 and only getting better each week so expect ISM to have a break out game vs Nebraska. He shines in this game so expect a kick return for a td as well as Charlie Jones taking a punt return to the house as well. And as king as the sideline official isn’t making up calls against Brents. It was a joke on the block in the back and holding. He needs to just get in his guys way enough to give CJ a few seconds to make a move or play.

5) Go Hawks!

Reactions: michael.nelson311
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT