ADVERTISEMENT

Israeli study links Vitamin D deficiency to severe Covid 19

This is false

mRNA vaccines have been studied for decades. They were first tested in humans almost a decade ago.

And the ones tested now followed the SAME STANDARDS that all previous vaccines were evaluated against.
Dude you are just the worst.

Reactions: CaboKP
Link to federal health officials recommending a vitamin D supplement early on? TIA
Health officials, including Fauci, and practitioners were recommending Vitamin D3, C and Zinc from very early on. Common sense immune system support is even more important during a pandemic. I started taking them in Feb 2020, as I’m deficit Vitamin D most times I get it checked w cholesterol. Several threads last year discussed vitamin D drips for those coming into the ER w Covid.

Supplement Dr. Fauci takes to help keep his immune system healthy
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/14/supplements-white-house-advisor-fauci-takes-every-day-to-help-keep-his-immune-system-healthy.html?__source=iosappshare|com.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard

Last edited:
Reactions: KFSuperStar
Health officials, including Fauci, and practitioners were recommending Vitamin D3, C and Zinc from very early on. Common sense immune system support is even more important during a pandemic. I started taking them in Feb 2020, as I’m deficit Vitamin D most times I get it checked w cholesterol. Several threads last year discussed vitamin D drips for those coming into the ER w Covid.

Supplement Dr. Fauci takes to help keep his immune system healthy
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/14/supplements-white-house-advisor-fauci-takes-every-day-to-help-keep-his-immune-system-healthy.html?__source=iosappshare|com.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard

Your link starts off with the following:

“There is insufficient evidence to recommend either for or against the use of vitamin D for the prevention or treatment of COVID-19.”

To the point of the thread, our health officials should be more full throated in their support of Vitamin D, nutrition, sleep, weight loss AS WELL AS encouraging vaccination.

To the point of the thread, our health officials should be more full throated in their support of Vitamin D, nutrition, sleep, weight loss AS WELL AS encouraging vaccination.

I’ve never encountered a reputable doctor or public health official not support those things. I have heard them have to waste time explaining that those things alone aren’t as good as vaccination. I’ve heard them have to explain that a myriad of alternative treatments aren’t as good as vaccination.

Frankly the things you have listed beside vaccination have been central to the “being healthy” message for as long as I can remember over my 45 years on this earth. This isn’t some startling discovery about healthy living.

What would help is for people to stop propping up idiocy over vaccination.

I’ve never encountered a reputable doctor or public health official not support those things. I have heard them have to waste time explaining that those things alone aren’t as good as vaccination. I’ve heard them have to explain that a myriad of alternative treatments aren’t as good as vaccination.

Frankly the things you have listed beside vaccination have been central to the “being healthy” message for as long as I can remember over my 45 years on this earth. This isn’t some startling discovery about healthy living.

What would help is for people to stop propping up idiocy over vaccination.
According to the study Vitamin D deficiency is associated with a 14 fold incidence of severe COVID. That is way more relevant than just "healthy living", hey its a good idea to keep your weight down, apple a day keeps the doctor away kind of messaging. It's hardly idiocy.

One of the criticisms of the current approach is that the focus on vaccines doesn't have any kind of protocol when, despite being vaccinated, someone contracts the virus. People are told to isolate and come to the ER when things get really bad. A reasonable hypothesis would be that Vitamin D supplementation once you first test positive could help people fight off the disease at home and avoid hospitalization. But for some reason there is so much fear that will cause people to not get vaccinated, that they can't bring themselves to recommend it.

This was discussed a year ago.

And most people aren't deficient enough for it to make any difference.
Physicians have been giving people Vitamin D early on for quite a while now, IF they are deficient.
Keep denying it, and moving the goalpost.

According to the study Vitamin D deficiency is associated with a 14 fold incidence of severe COVID.

And the vaccines are associated with a 60-90 fold DECREASE in severe Covid.

In case you hadn't heard, Vitamin D deficiency is not a prerequisite for severe Covid. But lacking vaccination pretty much is.

Reactions: VodkaSam
I didn't deny it. I posted about it. A year ago.
And you just said most people aren't deficient enough to make a difference. You can't have it both ways, and studies show it does make a difference.

Vitamin D deficiency is very common. It's estimated that about 1 billion people worldwide have low blood levels of the vitamin ( 4 ). According to one review, 41.6% of adults in the United States are deficient. This number goes up to 69.2% in Hispanic adults and 82.1% in African American adults ( 5 ).

And the vaccines are associated with a 60-90 fold DECREASE in severe Covid.

In case you hadn't heard, Vitamin D deficiency is not a prerequisite for severe Covid. But lacking vaccination pretty much is.
Nobody is saying Vitamin D is a replacement for vaccination. Or I'm not saying that anyways.

However, there are plenty of vaccinated people getting infected, and ending up in the hospital. Perhaps someone should look at those that, despite vaccination, end up hospitalized, and see if Vitamin D deficiency is a common thread.

According to the study Vitamin D deficiency is associated with a 14 fold incidence of severe COVID. That is way more relevant than just "healthy living", hey its a good idea to keep your weight down, apple a day keeps the doctor away kind of messaging. It's hardly idiocy.

The idiocy isn't on the part of health officials it is the fools using Vitamin D and other alternative treatments in lieu of vaccinations.

But for some reason there is so much fear that will cause people to not get vaccinated, that they can't bring themselves to recommend it.

Again, every time a health official mentions other good things to add to the mix, a bunch of jackholes run out and use that as a reason to not get the vaccine.

The idiocy isn't on the part of health officials it is the fools using Vitamin D and other alternative treatments in lieu of vaccinations.

Again, every time a health official mentions other good things to add to the mix, a bunch of jackholes run out and use that as a reason to not get the vaccine.
Except that vaccinations are really vaccinations. They are pre-treatments, that wane over a relatively short period of time.

Your link starts off with the following:

“There is insufficient evidence to recommend either for or against the use of vitamin D for the prevention or treatment of COVID-19.”

Good Lord the scientific illiteracy in this country is sad.

Vitamin D does not prevent or treat acute covid. If you are deficient and start supplementing (which is just basic immune support we'd recommend at any time) and correct the deficiency before you get sick, it may help in preventing severe disease. But not nearly as effectively as the vaccines.

This is not new information. The healthcare community has always pushed for good nutrition, weight loss, and overall good health. But that alone is still not enough to prevent severe covid. That's where the vaccines come in.

Good Lord the scientific illiteracy in this country is sad.

Vitamin D does not prevent or treat acute covid. If you are deficient and start supplementing (which is just basic immune support we'd recommend at any time) and correct the deficiency before you get sick, it may help in preventing severe disease. But not nearly as effectively as the vaccines.

This is not new information. The healthcare community has always pushed for good nutrition, weight loss, and overall good health. But that alone is still not enough to prevent severe covid. That's where the vaccines come in.

I just don't understand why it is this hard.

Except that vaccinations are really vaccinations.

They indeed ARE "really vaccinations"
We agree on this.

Just like all the vaccines you got as a kid that "waned" after initial doses, so you needed 4x to 5x dosing for them.

You continue to ignore this point.

I just don't understand why it is this hard.
Because vaccines alone have not been 100% effective to keep people from developing serious disease, especially with Omicron. When there is an easy way for folks to protect themselves further, people should know about it. Yes we all thought Vitamin D could help but there is such a dramatic correlation that calls for more education/outreach.

We can do vaccines and Vitamin D.

Because vaccines alone have not been 100% effective to keep people from developing serious disease, especially with Omicron. When there is an easy way for folks to protect themselves further, people should know about it. Yes we all thought Vitamin D could help but there is such a dramatic correlation that calls for more education/outreach.

We can do vaccines and Vitamin D.

It is like you willfully don’t read what anybody is posting. No one said that a vaccine replaces good health (weight, sleep, balanced diet, vitamins, etc) but that goal one should be vaccination

However, every time one of these studies comes out the chattering grifter class starts barking about why we don’t need vaccines because of vitamin D/HCQ/Ivermectin/urine/bleach/whateverthe flavor of the month is and the idiot cabal eats it up.

The study linked below is in depth and goes into the covid disease process and our innate immune response. It doesn't discredit vaccines. It does shine a light on the importance of vit D in the immune response for even those that are vaxxed.

Pull quote, "...we speculate that the relatively low vaccine efficacy of inactivated [covid] vaccines is due, at least in part, to low Vitamin D levels..."

It is like you willfully don’t read what anybody is posting. No one said that a vaccine replaces good health (weight, sleep, balanced diet, vitamins, etc) but that goal one should be vaccination

However, every time one of these studies comes out the chattering grifter class starts barking about why we don’t need vaccines because of vitamin D/HCQ/Ivermectin/urine/bleach/whateverthe flavor of the month is and the idiot cabal eats it up.
Yes, we do seem to be talking past each other. You are ascribing motives to me that I do not have. I don’t necessarily blame you for jumping to those conclusions.

Yes, we do seem to be talking past each other. You are ascribing motives to me that I do not have. I don’t necessarily blame you for jumping to those conclusions.

I actually am paying attention to your past posting and the mealy mouth way you are couching things.

However, I am speaking more broadly about larger society.

I thought his show was just misinformation. Is he the scoundrel behind such pernicious misinformation as:
-Lockdowns can control the spread of COVID
-Cloth masks can filter out the COVID-19 virus
-COVID-19 makes in person school too dangerous
-COVID vaccine will stop you from getting and spreading the disease
-Wipe down any groceries or packages before bringing them into the house
-Use hand sanitizer to keep from spreading COVID
-Six feet of distance from other people will keep you from catching COVID-19
-You can ingest bleach to kill COVID-19
-COVID-19 originated in bats and jumped to human populations in a Chinese wet market
-You have to wear a mask on an airplane… unless you are eating the little cookies. COVID respects snack time
-If one mask doesn’t work, try two or three
-Plexiglass shields can keep workers safe from COVID-19
Whoever said those things should be stopped!!!
😉

ADVERTISEMENT