ADVERTISEMENT

ISU AD doing ISU things again...

BigOHawk

HR Heisman
Oct 27, 2001
Omaha, NE
SIAP but please tell me somebody hacked his Twitter and was beating his chest and baiting Iowa fans? Barta isn't perfect but to stoop to this level of behavior for an AD is amazing...smh...

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Pollard has always tried to rally the Cyclone faithful with digs at Iowa. This is nothing new. To me, all Pollard has managed to say is that there are idiots on Twitter (except for Iowa State fans, they're too sophisticated) and that it really bothers him that the Cyclones still play second fiddle in the state.

Yawn.

SIAP but please tell me somebody hacked his Twitter and was beating his chest and baiting Iowa fans? Barta isn't perfect but to stoop to this level of behavior for an AD is amazing...smh...

You haven't beaten Iowa Football on your home field since 2011 (once since 2007) and you're worried about Iowa fans on Twitter? Comical!!

Last edited:
That clown perfectly fits their fanbase. Match made in heaven for those with the "pay attention to me" mindset.
Kind of like putting up billboards saying its a Cyclone state in eastern Iowa. If your really the "Big Dog" in town, you really don't need to tell people. They know who the big dog is, just like people know it's the HAWKEYE STATE! :)

This has to be a joke. Or he was drunk. An AD responding to some poster on twitter and making the whole program look even more pathetic and little brother than ever?! Seriously he had to be hacked. Nobody is that stupid in that position. What's next posting billboards in Eastern Iowa? Oh yeah already did that. Fail.

This has to be a joke. Or he was drunk. An AD responding to some poster on twitter and making the whole program look even more pathetic and little brother than ever?! Seriously he had to be hacked. Nobody is that stupid in that position. What's next posting billboards in Eastern Iowa? Oh yeah already did that. Fail.

Drunk? Was Eustachy back in town applying for a grad assistant job and partying with Pollard?

I seriously doubt there are a sizable number of Hawkeye fans that actually follow this douche-nozzle on twitter. What a maroon!

I linked over to his twitter page and his biggest tweet of the week was taking a dig at the BTN and Comcast coverage. Jamie needs to quit obsessing over all things Hawkeye, it's really quite embarrassing to his own institution.

I seriously doubt there are a sizable number of Hawkeye fans that actually follow this douche-nozzle on twitter. What a maroon!

I linked over to his twitter page and his biggest tweet of the week was taking a dig at the BTN and Comcast coverage. Jamie needs to quit obsessing over all things Hawkeye, it's really quite embarrassing to his own institution.

This is the guy who stepped up to a podium and accused the Big 12 and Big 12 refs of conspiring against ISU.

Here's the thing though: Iowa St. fans aren't embarrassed by it. They embrace it because he acts like a lot of their fans do, and think that calling out Iowa/the Big Ten is proving anything.

28hvly.jpg

Based on raising money, selling tickets, overall athletic program success in terms of winning across sports. Not getting sued and costing the university millions of dollars.
Agreed. If he was capable of presenting himself in a halfway professional way and wasn't a total bag I'd trade Barta for him in a heartbeat.

Agreed. If he was capable of presenting himself in a halfway professional way and wasn't a total bag I'd trade Barta for him in a heartbeat.

I too think JP is an absolute D. Nozzle, however I would trade him for Barta without a 2nd thought. The worst thing you can say about JP is he is a beta with little bro syndrome. GB was found guilty in the court of law to be in charge of a hostile workplace. I created a thread to learn more from people with inside info about the positives GB has done since joining the university. There wasn't anything provide greater than "good fundraiser". 40 years ago a coach from Texas noticed how many people were willing to pay too watch a horrible team, butts in seats and generating donor dollars isn't a GB creation.

Reactions: blhawk
Based on raising money, selling tickets, overall athletic program success in terms of winning across sports. Not getting sued and costing the university millions of dollars.

Barta raises gobs of money, sells gobs of tickets, has sustained way more success across the board in athletics in terms of winning. So just to be clear, you're saying the difference between Pollard being a good AD and Barta being a bad AD is Griesbaum?

Barta raises gobs of money, sells gobs of tickets, has sustained way more success across the board in athletics in terms of winning. So just to be clear, you're saying the difference between Pollard being a good AD and Barta being a bad AD is Griesbaum?

We have a difference of opinion.

Assuming anyone with the qualifications to be an AD would be a good fundraiser, what else do you think Barta brings to the table?

Take the fundraising out and they're both pretty bad ADs. Pollard hires coaches whose top priority seems to be getting out of Ames as fast as possible. The only thing he's achieved in terms of athletics success is a couple of sweet sixteens. And the guy trolls rival program fans on Twitter and announces conspiracy theories by the Big 12 against ISU. Barta is as exciting as wallpaper, brings zero energy and doesn't seem to care about taking Iowa to the next level in terms of success.

Hey numb nuts thread has a direct correlation to Iowa. But way to prove the point of posting here to show how much isu fans care about what Iowa thinks of them. Sure you drink the kook aid and take what ever Pollard says as gospel.

Easy to fix, Hawk fans stop following Pollard. I attended Iowa State for one year way back in the eighties, that was all I cared to know about ISU, so I sure don't follow any ISU people on Twitter. The only time I care to know about ISU is the week they play the Hawks on the gridiron, otherwise I am cyclone blind.

Last edited:
Reactions: RogerKint
That dork strokes the insecurities of his fan base like they’re his cat.

Take the fundraising out and they're both pretty bad ADs. Pollard hires coaches whose top priority seems to be getting out of Ames as fast as possible. The only thing he's achieved in terms of athletics success is a couple of sweet sixteens. And the guy trolls rival program fans on Twitter and announces conspiracy theories by the Big 12 against ISU. Barta is as exciting as wallpaper, brings zero energy and doesn't seem to care about taking Iowa to the next level in terms of success.
As someone who doesn't follow wrestling or baseball closely (or at all), I'd take those Sweet 16s over anything Barta has had a hand in with his hires. Instead we have had a horrible basketball hire in Lick and a coach that just had a Lick type season in year 8 and got a fat extension for it. I'd rather not even think about what sort of a replacement he would get for Kirk.

But hey, at least our baseball program has a great coach for the 300 people that attend the games. Would be nice to still have the 6+ million he lost the AD to reinvest in the program. However, I'd rather have a couple Sweet 16s, regular tournament appearances, and a packed house for basketball. I'd almost enjoy having a coach try and leave because it means someone wants them. Just an IMO type thing.

Regardless, it won't matter because Pollard would never satisfy my "not be a DB and act professional" stipulation.

Last edited:
Reactions: blhawk
I don't think Barta is a good AD. Mainly with Fran. However, ISU fans worship JP who just wants to get to Wisconsin. Lost Hoiberg and Sanderson. The 2 best coaches they had in years if ever at those sports. Great went to the Liberty Bowl in your top 5 best season ever and lost to Iowa at home against a mediocre Iowa team who had the same record with a harder schedule and will have more players drafted again for the 40th straight year. Finished dead last in basketball. And great wrestling program ISU. JP is like all ISU fans. Delusional. Difference is JP and Campbell are about gone.

As someone who doesn't follow wrestling or baseball closely (or at all), I'd take those Sweet 16s over anything Barta has had a hand in with his hires. Instead we have had a horrible basketball hire in Lick and a coach that just had a Lick type season in year 8 and got a fat extension for it. I'd rather not even think about what sort of a replacement he would get for Kirk.

But hey, at least our baseball program has a great coach for the 300 people that attend the games. Would be nice to still have the 6+ million he lost the AD to reinvest in the program. However, I'd rather have a couple Sweet 16s, regular tournament appearances, and a packed house for basketball. I'd almost enjoy having a coach try and leave because it means someone wants them. Just an IMO type thing.

Regardless, it won't matter because Pollard would never satisfy my "not be a DB and act professional" stipulation.
Really don't have an interest in getting in the middle of this, but your last statement certainly hit my curiosity. I don't know about Fran at this juncture, but are you really saying for a good part of KF's tenure that if he had decided to leave he wouldn't have had plenty of interest? I'll stand opposed to that opinion. And yes, I understand that Barta did not hire KF, but he certainly has extended his contract a couple of times.

Reactions: Birky

Would you also be happy with regular 3-win seasons in football? I'd love better success in MBB but top-10 finishes and BCS-level bowls in football are more important to me. That's something Pollard has never even sniffed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT