ADVERTISEMENT

ISU Football Tickets for sale on Groupon for $10

Let's not get too judgmental here, we are selling tickets to two out of three remaining home games for $30 right now.

That said, describing that stadium as "rich with tradition" and reminding fans what to sing "if they are winning between the 3rd and 4th quarters" (which is what - maybe once or twice a year?) gave me a cheap laugh for the day.

Let's not get too judgmental here, we are selling tickets to two out of three remaining home games for $30 right now.

That said, describing that stadium as "rich with tradition" and reminding fans what to sing "if they are winning between the 3rd and 4th quarters" (which is what - maybe once or twice a year?) gave me a cheap laugh for the day.

Who knew Sweet Caroline was about Paul Rhoads... Bum bum bum

Yet Iowa isn't stooping to $10 to sell tickets. Can I4 grasp this?

Let's see.........

Can I4 or other clone fans explain how it is Matt VandeBerg is so much better than Allen Lazard? Or must we ignore such things as stats?

I can't wait to see the well thought out and highly logical reply from clone fans.
what does this have to do with the OPs post

what does this have to do with the OPs post

I read the link that said VandeBerg dominated the performance vs isu's so called great Lazzard.

You should read it too I4 and then tell us just how awesome Lazzard really is.

Last edited:

You do know that the tickets for $30 are because the away teams can't sell their tickets. They know they will get beat down by the Hawks!

You do know that the tickets for $30 are because the away teams can't sell their tickets. They know they will get beat down by the Hawks!
you do know that 14,000 tickets are available for each game. Visiting teams are allowed 4000 tickets, you do the math...

Link to where I can buy Iowa tickets for $30? Not disputing the validity. I actually want to buy some.

ISU did a great job if we build it, the people will come by having the 3rd largest stadium in Big 12. But then from a marginal cost analysis, receiving $10 a ticket is better than -0-.

ISU did a great job if we build it, the people will come by having the 3rd largest stadium in Big 12. But then from a marginal cost analysis, receiving $10 a ticket is better than -0-.

Yet the reality isn't if you build it hey will come. They will come only when tickets are discounted.

Reactions: And1Hawk
What group on takes 1/2? If true that ridiculous.
It isn't about the money. This is an attempt to fill those upper level corner end zone seats. The money seats are already sold. I'm still amazed how they turned normally cheap endzone seats in to $750 tickets plus a donation. I believe Iowa will do the same thing with their new endzone project.

It isn't about the money. This is an attempt to fill those upper level corner end zone seats. The money seats are already sold. I'm still amazed how they turned normally cheap endzone seats in to $750 tickets plus a donation. I believe Iowa will do the same thing with their new endzone project.
My statement was more about groupon then ISU.

ISU is slitting their own throats here. Why would average season ticket holders continue to renew to watch a losing program when they could just wait for $10 tickets for their choice of games? Sure, you'll still get those people who will renew no matter what and consider it doing their part to support the program but how many thousands of ISU fans are like that? I get ISU fans claiming it's better to fill the stadium, problem is you are devaluing every other ticket. This is called a downward spiral.

What else can ISU do if it does not want TV to show a huge number of empty seats? Fixing the product to increase real demand is not going to happen soon enough.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT