ADVERTISEMENT

ISU game was a bad loss

Beating WV is a good win. Record aside, WVs place in conference aside, that was a good win for ISU.

Like an earlier poster said, ISU won 2 games last year, and went 0-18 in the conference. To be 19-9/6-9 in conference is beyond the expectations of any Cyclone fan. Kudos to those players + TJ.

I don't pay any attention to NCAA projections. What seed are they, etc. I will tune in on Selection Sunday, watch, and hope for the best.

Finally, Izaiah Brockington is special. Both he + Keegan Murray are having phenomenal seasons. We should all put our loyalty aside and enjoy what these two players are doing. They are both fun to watch.

Big game Saturday at KState. A win there will be very difficult, but it gives ISU the inside track for 5th in the conference.

Regardless if they win or lose against a pathetic West Virginia team tonight. Right now they’re losing by 10 at Hilton against a team that’s 1 and 12 in the last 13 games.
I mean it was a bad loss in the sense that we got blown out, yes.

However, especially at the time, they were one of the hottest teams to start the season. They actually have a fairly decent resume too thanks to their early season success.

I do think it would be an ENTIRELY different game if we played again though.

If the ISU loss was a bad loss, it would reflect more in the analytics like KenPom and the NET.

Reactions: oldnewkirk.0
You know how I can tell Iowa is winning right now? There isn't anything to complain about so people have to spend their time bringing down other programs.

The Big 12 is the best conference this year. It is not close in my opinion. Iowa St. turned over their whole roster and will make the tourney after an all time horrible season.

Some of you are really starting to sound like them towards the end of the football season. "If only we played you now..."

Iowa has two more chances for bad losses- Nebby and NW. Losing to a team that is 19-9 is a far cry from losing to one of those two.

You know how I can tell Iowa is winning right now? There isn't anything to complain about so people have to spend their time bringing down other programs.

The Big 12 is the best conference this year. It is not close in my opinion. Iowa St. turned over their whole roster and will make the tourney after an all time horrible season.

Some of you are really starting to sound like them towards the end of the football season. "If only we played you now..."

Iowa has two more chances for bad losses- Nebby and NW. Losing to a team that is 19-9 is a far cry from losing to one of those two.

Most conference and rival away games aren't considered bad losses. It's the ones at home the pundits feel you should have won that really bite you. Iowa's challenge this year for seeding won't be "bad losses" as much as strength of schedule/quality wins, which the strong late season push in conference is rendering less important.

Saw a bunch of ISU fans making fun of our attendance problems only for them to draw 2k less than what we had yesterday
Must ignore because clown fans says so.

The current talking point or propaganda is to say look at how much better TJ is than Fran because of year one records.

What’s that, Fran didn’t have the transfer portal that allowed him to add 10 new players? Must ignore that part “because clown fans say so.” Pretty sure the clowns would be no where near their record this year with the same roster from last year plus a couple of freshman. You know kind of like what Fran had to deal with in year one after Lickliter.

Add this to the massive list of reality that doesn’t fit for clown fans.

Last edited:
Reactions: jaxhawk06

Not sure I buy this whole the Big 12 is the best conference in the country. They lost a head to head challenge to the SEC and as a whole play as style of mugging defense. If called as the fouls they are in the NCAA tourney, they will see a lot of their teams struggle. Just look at how WVA has consistently had early exits when they get to the Tourney and the fouls they commit get called as fouls.

Reactions: Mohawkeye
Brockington is clearly one the best transfers in the country this year.
Wish we could have snared him to Iowa.

I think they were viewed as the best conference about 2 months ago, but the SEC took them down head to head, and quite frankly many of those bottom teams are really not good. Okie, Okie St, WVU, and Kstate all came crashing back quite a bit, and sit around .500. The top of the Big 10 is just as good (SEC is better) we just have dumb Nebraska weighing our whole conference down.

Reactions: Mohawkeye
The only things I remember from that game was #1 for ISU playing out of his mind and Iowa missing about 30 bunnies around the hoop.

Blocked the rest out.

Well, am I wrong in saying that if we played them now it would be a different result, because both teams are in different places than they were at the start of the season?........

(it's rhetorical btw)

P.S. Iowa > Iowa State

Reactions: perryhawk
They were the much better team at that point of the season. We are the much better team at this point of the season.

could all be true… and I know Keegan was still dinged up. But I happened to be in Hilton for that game and frankly I think we just don’t match up well with ISU. They frustrated us all night with their D.

head to head with the current rosters I think ISU beats iowa more often than not. But that doesn’t mean they’re better against the “field” is what I’m suggesting.

Losing to a tournament team from a P5 conference on the road isn't a bad loss. Iowa State got Iowa at the perfect time as they were playing really, really good basketball and Iowa was coming off back-to-back close losses to ranked B10 opponents (Purdue and Illinois). So to suddenly have a non-conference game against an in-state rival on the road didn't bode well for Iowa. If they played today on a neutral court, I feel Iowa would be favored by 3 points.

Losing to a tournament team from a P5 conference on the road isn't a bad loss. Iowa State got Iowa at the perfect time as they were playing really, really good basketball and Iowa was coming off back-to-back close losses to ranked B10 opponents (Purdue and Illinois). So to suddenly have a non-conference game against an in-state rival on the road didn't bode well for Iowa. If they played today on a neutral court, I feel Iowa would be favored by 3 points.
My guess is that if Brent Blum and clown fans hadn’t shot off their mouths about Iowa falling from a Quad 1 win following the Penn State game, this thread wouldn’t exist.

As usual though clown fans love to run their mouths right up until it comes back at them and then suddenly they get all pissy about it.

Hawks lost 3 games in a row where Keegan was either out or playing at way less than 100% All 3 of those games would have been really tough with Keegan at 100%, but it makes you wonder. Add in the losses at RU and PSU, which could have gone either way, and even the recent loss to UM, where not much has been made about the non-call on JBo's heave at the end, and the Hawks could be sitting with a better record. There haven't been many where we won close games that went down to the end.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
Hawks lost 3 games in a row where Keegan was either out or playing at way less than 100% All 3 of those games would have been really tough with Keegan at 100%, but it makes you wonder. Add in the losses at RU and PSU, which could have gone either way, and even the recent loss to UM, where not much has been made about the non-call on JBo's heave at the end, and the Hawks could be sitting with a better record. There haven't been many where we won close games that went down to the end.
16 of our 19 wins were by double digits. Only 2 of our losses were by double digits.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT