ADVERTISEMENT

ISU losing another in their backyard?

The '19 match-up has the Cyclones looking the strongest I've seen them in the trenches in over a decade. Even with that perceived strength .... Iowa matches their strength in the trenches.

Then the question is who has the greater advantage ... the program with the QB who has 26 career starts and has prepped against the same schemes 2 times or the QB with 8 career starts and who has yet to prep against the opposition?

The intangible of the home-field is ultimately what could make this game essentially be a toss-up.

All the same ... I'm pretty confident that the Hawks will win this one ... and I rarely make such brash predictions.
ISU’s DL should be good, is their OL going be good? I guess I expect will be pretty average.

35nab5.jpg
images

Reactions: naturalmwa
Hawks were gift wrapped the game last year so I wouldn’t crow too loud. Hawks will not win in Ames this year. This I am certain of.

Clowns OL sucked I know that for sure. I mean who gets 7 false starts in a game that doesn’t suck? Good thing they are all back for the clowns.

Reactions: buchs
Sure thing buddy. That’s why hawk fans start a thread on Cyclone football...,because “fans from Ames” are starving for attention! You folks are sure wired differently.
Interesting I'm wired differently hmmmmmm you come over here spouting negative shit and I'm wired differently BLACK AND GOLD THAT'S HOW I'M WIRED look in the mirror

Just a thought. The Hawks will sign X number of kids from Iowa for the 2021 Recruiting Class. Iowa State will do the same. Several of those who sign will have been recruited by both schools.
Here's where you miss the thread subject.

The specific ISU commit I mentioned is actively entertaining other destinations. Specifically an end of the month trip to IC.

The fact that both schools recruit the State is not the subject. A current committed recruit apparently regrets his earlier decision and is looking for someplace better. Can't say I blame him.

Maybe he stays with ISU. This is why coaches stay in contact. Nothing is final until that LOI is signed.

Reactions: RSFB
Iowa is not better than ISU on either side of the ball.
actually according to last years stats our offense had a better points per game average with 31.15 to ISU's 26.77
Iowa scored 405 total points and Iowa state only had 348
Iowa had 2122 total rushing yards and ISU had 2047
Iowa had 27 passing touchdowns and ISU had 20
Iowa averaged 376 yards per game and iowa state averaged 370
Iowa averaged 43.46% on 3rd down conversions and ISU averaged 39.64%
Iowa averaged 68% on 4th down conversions and ISU averaged 55.56%
Iowa had a total of 261 1st downs and ISU had a total of 251
Now lets talk defense
Iowa had 2 shut outs to ISU's none
Iowa had 2 players drafted on defense
Iowa played against one of the best defenses in the country (MSU) and won and played impressive defense of their own.
Iowa has the best D-end in the country
Iowa only gave up 231 total points and ISU gave up 254 total points

All and all I'd say Iowa is the better team on both sides of the ball. You guys were better then us in some areas but not a lot and I would say a tie on offense but we have a better defense by a lot

Reactions: RHBar and owenhawk
Hawks were gift wrapped the game last year so I wouldn’t crow too loud. Hawks will not win in Ames this year. This I am certain of.

Which part was gift wrapped? The eight punts? The 188 yards of total offense? 66 of which were on ISU's first drive.

So if by gifted wrapped you mean totally dominated by the defense, then...you're right!

actually according to last years stats our offense had a better points per game average with 31.15 to ISU's 26.77
Now lets talk defense
Iowa played against one of the best defenses in the country (MSU) and won and played impressive defense of their own.

All and all I'd say Iowa is the better team on both sides of the ball. You guys were better then us in some areas but not a lot and I would say a tie on offense but we have a better defense by a lot

It is amazing how for 4 years now clown fans think the clowns are better than Iowa but they find ever increasingly new ways to lose.

ISU’s DL should be good, is their OL going be good? I guess I expect will be pretty average.
I'd settle for average. It wasn't last year. All five starters are back, and apparently will be playing the same positions they did last year, which is a plus even though they weren't an exceptional group.

I was so impressed with the isu offense by amassing 2 whole plays in Iowa territory after their first drive. I mean why even play the games with that kind of performance. The title should just be handed over to the clowns.

Thank God they gift wrapped it for Iowa. 11 out of the last 16 seems overly generous though but thanks!

The two shanked punts didn't hurt the Hawkeye cause.

They didn’t hurt our cause, but they also didn’t help a lot. There were two crappy punts and Iowa scored a whopping three points off that. They missed a FG on the other one.

Iowa’s other ten points came after a 57 yard punt and a punt inside the 20.

But don’t let the facts get in the way of a good excuse. That’s what you guys do best.

Now lets talk defense

Just think how much bigger those disparities would be if we got to play against Big 12 defenses.

The '19 match-up has the Cyclones looking the strongest I've seen them in the trenches in over a decade. Even with that perceived strength .... Iowa matches their strength in the trenches.

Then the question is who has the greater advantage ... the program with the QB who has 26 career starts and has prepped against the same schemes 2 times or the QB with 8 career starts and who has yet to prep against the opposition?

The intangible of the home-field is ultimately what could make this game essentially be a toss-up.

All the same ... I'm pretty confident that the Hawks will win this one ... and I rarely make such brash predictions.
I almost never feel as though that Iowa will win in Ames.

It’s starting to feel like Iowa wins by a minimum of a few touchdowns this year.

This game has classic “ISU” written all over it.

Yes Iowa outgained ISU by nearly 100 yards and won by 10 points. But continue with the gift-wrapped narrative. One team was better and won the game.

Reactions: ichawk24
They didn’t hurt our cause, but they also didn’t help a lot. There were two crappy punts and Iowa scored a whopping three points off that. They missed a FG on the other one.

But don’t let the facts get in the way of a good excuse. That’s what you guys do best.
Yeah. Field position doesn't mean anything. Especially in a low-scoring game. How could I ever have made such a mistake?

Yeah. Field position doesn't mean anything. Especially in a low-scoring game. How could I ever have made such a mistake?
You're right. It would have been better had he specifically mentioned what happened due to those two referenced punts in his post.

Oh wait, he did!

God it's painful watching you try to construct an argument.

LC - I generally agree with you on field position but not sure how missing the first game caused the shanks. Now to the normal Clone Troll stance that lightning cost them the Iowa game. Facts: ISU’s best drive was the first (um opposite of what is expected if missing a game was a big deal); iSU’s OL was better against Iowa than Drake or Was St; ISU did not have have a bunch of penalties or TO’s (associated with first games); last, Campbell was way out-coached. And before I get the BS Super Bowl, if it was Iowa’s Super Bowl they would have not had to make huge adjustments after the first drive and at half. Look Clones, you got physically whipped. Period. If you couldn’t block Drake or not commit OL penalties against Wash St which were your last 2 games why does anyone with a brain think playing the Jackrabbits in week 1 would have allowed that porous line to block the best DL they saw all year?! The only saving grace for ISU is they didn’t play Iowa late in the year as Purdy may not be playing this year. I mean Iowa knocked Kempt out (well Matty threw him back in on 1 leg), and Zeb was crapping himself, Brock would have gotten hammered last year against Iowa.

Reactions: HerkyFan
Don’t bother Mepo. I said before ISU fans are now making as an excuse they play a game and get a bye before home against Iowa. That is somehow bad?! Also a bye before Okie and Texas at home in November. Plus a down conference. Our syndicate put 10k on ISU over. And 5k in the Big 12 champ game and 5k in the playoff. Jesus they will be favored in 10 games this year.

This excuse doesn't even work. We scored 3 points out of both of those punts. Plus even if those punts were fine we still win the game 10-3. So go make more excuse's Cryclown because I'll be laughing after you guys lose to us in Ames and you'll say if Purdy had Butler and Montgomery he would of won yet both of those 2 never beat Iowa while they played at ISU. Also more then 1/3 of your yards came on your first drive and you got 3 total points. I think it's just reasonable to finally come to the conclusion we own you and we always will.

[

Clone is basically saying "we lost because our guy didn't make the plays". Wow...groundbreaking stuff... who knew that's what most games came down to?!

I guess when your reasons typically range from officiating to scheduling to weather to god knows what else... that's a novel concept.

Here’s another excuse these du mb as ses are using. Chris Williams keeps saying it is a rarity that they have a proven quarterback returning. They had guys they thought were proven each year for the past two years. These fuc kheads were saying the same stupid sh it coming into the past two years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT